My 2012 NFL Mock Draft v.1

This is my first mock draft of the year. I usually do 2 a year and post them on condraft.com but that website has been down for awhile. I didn't do this last year. So first time since 2010 Draft. I will probably post a 2nd and 3rd round later this weekend. Just thought I would share my work, and how I kinda see the draft playing out.

Round 1:

1. Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck- QB- Stanford

There is no reason to explain here. Luck is the best QB prospect to come around since Peyton Manning, funny he will be joining the same team. Colts could surprise the football world and select RG3 with this pick.

2. Washington Redskins- Robert Griffin- QB- Baylor

There is no other reason Washington traded up to this pick other to select their next franchise QB. RG3 is probably the most dynamic QB to come out since Michael Vick. The difference is that RG3 is a better QB than Vick was coming out of college. Great vision and throwing mechanics. If Colts choose to select RG3 #1 then Andrew Luck will be the pick here.

3. Minnesota Vikings- Morris Claiborne- CB- L.S.U.

Yes, I just did that. Minnesota was horrible in pass coverage last year. They released Cedric Griffin, Antoine Winfield had an injury last year plus he is getting old and slowing down. Asher Allen showed flashes of starter capability but he would be a better slot cover corner in the nickel. I disagree with most mock drafts that have them selecting LT with this pick, they have bigger need in the interior of the line. Geoff Schwartz showed some promise at LT and is manageable. Give him another year to develop. If the Vikings don’t select Claiborne here, the obvious pick is Matt Kalil, the solid LT from USC. Kalil may free fall if not selected here based on team needs.

4. Cleveland Browns- Trent Richardson- RB- Alabama

This pick should be a no brainer for Cleveland. Hardesty is not a premier back; Colt McCoy needs a better run game if the Browns want to keep him as their franchise QB. Peyton Hillis and the Browns fell out last year; some people say Hillis faked injuries because he wanted a pay raise. With Hillis gone in FA the Browns need to fill that hole, and I believe they upgrade with the all-around talented RB from Alabama. Richardson can block, catch out of the backfield and he is a workhorse of a running back.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Melvin Ingram – OLB/DE – South Carolina

Well Tampa Bay would love to land Morris Claiborne, however I believe he goes to Minnesota. With no other CB’s worth a top 10 pick, the Bucs look for another need. Melvin Ingram may not be worth this high of a selection, but he is the best OLB in this draft. He would add a good run defender and an edge pass rusher to a defense that would love another one. If Claiborne or Richardson falls to this pick, Tampa Bay will select one of them before Ingram.

6. St. Louis Rams- Justin Blackmon- WR- Oklahoma State

Bradford needs some weapons in that offense. They have lacked a #1 WR since Issac Bruce and Torry Holt suited up. This will be a welcomed addition for both Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson, who could use a weight lifted off his shoulder. I think this is the only logical pick for the Rams as long as Blackmon is still on the board when they pick.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars- Quinton Coples- DE- North Carolina

They were able to resign Mincey in FA, but Aaron Kampman is aging and has been injury prone. They said they would like to focus on upgrading the D-Line this offseason and Coples has the talent to do that. If Coples shows up to play, he will leave a big impact on most games. He can get to the QB and is also a good run defender. If they Jags don’t select DE here they will likely select Michael Floyd with this pick.

8. Miami Dolphins- Ryan Tannehill- QB- Texas A&M

As a Bills fan, it was great seeing Miami fall on their face during this FA period. They lost bidding wars for Peyton Manning, Matt Flynn, and Alex Smith. Then they failed to try to close a trade for Tim Tebow. As a result they settle for David Garrard. Although Matt Moore has shown promised while playing in Carolina and Miami, he isn’t the franchise QB. Miami is in a tough spot, they have no #1 or #2 WR, as of now it is Davone Bess and Brian Hartline. Both Bess and Hartline are more slot receivers in a 3 WR set. WR Michael Floyd could also be the selection with this pick if the Jags pass on him.

9. Carolina Panthers- Dontari Poe- DT- Memphis

Everyone has a different opinion who the #1 DT is in this draft. Some say its Michael Brockers while others say it’s Dontari Poe. For me, the safer pick is Poe. Good run stopping DT and that’s exactly what Carolina is missing. Carolina also has needs at CB and WR. Kirkpatrick is a slight reach here; Michael Floyd would be the backup option.

10. Buffalo Bills- Matt Kalil- OT- USC

Going into the offseason, DE was their greatest need. It’s safe to say that is solidified with the additions of Mario Williams and Mark Anderson. The Bills however have failed to resign one key FA, which would be Demetrius Bell. The Bills could still resign Bell, but if not they will look to the draft. Hairston is not ready for a starting role yet. Matt Kalil is a top 5 prospect, but falls because of team needs. If Minnesota passes over him, I would guess this is where the free fall stops. Great run blocker, and has the ability to develop into a great blindside protector. If Kalil isn’t taken by Minnesota, then the pick here could be either Jonathan Martin- LT Stanford or WR- Michael Floyd. CB Dre Kirkpatrick would be a dark horse candidate.

11. Kansas City Chiefs- Riley Reiff- OT- Iowa

Kansas City has a few different ways they could go here. They have needs at NT and RT. With Poe off the board and being the best NT available, I say the Chiefs solidify their RT position with Riley Reiff. Reiff is a strong run blocker, which makes him a great candidate for RT in the NFL. He should develop into a solid RT in the NFL. If Poe is on the board the Chiefs will pick him, but DT Michael Brockers is always an options as well.

12. Seattle Seahawks- Courtney Upshaw- DE/OLB- Alabama

Seattle filled their QB need with the signing of Matt Flynn, so they go to their second biggest need which is DE with this pick. Upshaw is my favorite defensive player in this draft and in my opinion the safest pick. He is a great run defender and can also get pressure on the QB. His problem is he lacks a good burst. CB Dre Kirkpatrick and DE Whitney Mercilus are most likely play B or C.

13. Arizona Cardinals- Jonathan Martin – LT- Stanford

Arizona has had problems at LT for a few years, and they will finally solve that problem in this draft with in my opinion the best pass protector in this draft. Martin is also a good run blocker. He just needs to work on technique so he becomes more effective in the NFL and add more strength. DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw could be a choice if he falls this far. Dre Kirkpatrick would also fill a need for the Cardinals.

14. Dallas Cowboys- Mark Barron- S- Alabama

Cowboys released Terrance Newman this offseason and they have a big need to upgrade their weak secondary. They were able to sign Brandon Carr as a FA, so that should help improve the CB position but they need Safety help. Barron is the only Safety worthy of a 1st round pick. He has good size and speed, and can be a major playmaker. They could look to improve at OLB, but Ingram and Upshaw will be gone by this pick. They could also surprise and add another CB like Dre Kirkpatrick.

15. Philadelphia Eagles- Luke Kuechly- MLB- Boston College

The Eagles made a huge splash by trading for DeMeco Ryans in a steal. They still need help at LB, now on the outside. I think they will attempt to draft MLB Luke Kuechly and try to play him at OLB or maybe DeMeco Ryan. Kuechly is the best LB on the board at this point and it’s the biggest need for the Eagles. If the Eagles decide to go in the route of a true OLB, then Nick Perry DE/OLB will be the selection here.

16. New York Jets- Michael Floyd- WR- Notre Dame

The Jets have a few needs, but I say they will address WR here to add a more dynamic WR across from Santonio Holmes. Floyd is a playmaker and can stretch the field. Good catching ability. Makes great adjestments to the ball. The Jets could also choose to select DE/OLB Nick Perry here.

17. Cincinnati Bengals- David DeCastro- OG- Stanford

DeCastro is the best OG in this draft, and Cincinnati needs help in that interior of the offensive line. DeCastro is a very physical lineman who is also very mobile and great at getting into the second level of the defense. Cincinnati could always select Dre Kirkpatrick with this selection who continues to fall. Nate Clements is aging and Leon Hall dropped off a little in 2011.

18. San Diego Chargers- Michael Brockers- DT/DE- L.S.U.

San Diego needs a lot of help on their defensive front. They let Castillo go in the offseason because he has been injury prone. Brockers would be a great replacement. He can stuff the run or put some pressure on the QB, and could very well be a top 10 pick. Other options would include DE Whitney Mercilus or OLB Zach Brown

19. Chicago Bears- Whitney Mercilus- DE- Illinois

They wanted to go after Mario Williams and then were in the run for Kamerion Wimbley so they obviously want another DE. Mercilus had 16 sacks in his senior season with 23 tackles for a loss. He makes big plays behind the line of scrimmage, which is what Chicago likes in their defensive players. Would be a perfect fit for both sides. If they don’t select Mercilus then they will likely draft a CB like Dre Kirkpatrick if he does fall this far.

20. Tennessee Titans- Dre Kirkpatrick- CB- Alabama

Well Tennessee may have had the 2nd worse offseason this year, only behind Miami. They lost out on the Manning sweepstakes and the Mario Williams sweepstakes. But they were able to eventually pull in Kamerion Wimbley. I think the Titans will go CB here and select the dynamic Kirkpatrick. He is a good cover guy and a big time tackler. His draft stock has fallen because of off the field issues. Other options could be WR Rueben Randle or OLB Zach Brown.

21. Cincinnati Bengals- Jenoris Jenkins- CB- North Alabama

After selecting and OG earlier in the round, they will likely turn to upgrade their secondary with CB Jenoris Jenkins. Jenkins is a shutdown corner capable of making a big play interception. Like Kirkpatrick, Jenkins has had off the field issues; otherwise he would be a top 15 pick.

22. Cleveland Browns- Rueben Randle- WR- L.S.U

Cleveland already drafted Richardson to fill RB gap. And now they add another weapon, this time at WR. If Randle had a better QB, he would probably be off the board earlier. Good route runner and can make a great catch. Will help improve a bad offense in Cleveland.

23. Detroit Lions- Gordy Glenn- OG/OT- Georgia

Matthew Stafford needs better protection, and here is his man. Glenn can play LT as well, which makes him even more valuable. He is huge and hard to push back for any DE or DT. Other options might be OT Mike Adams. Detroit also needs a CB but the only three CB’s worth taken in the 1st round are off the board.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers- Fletcher Cox- DT- Mississippi State

Pittsburgh needs help at DT and Cox would offer them a very athletic defensive lineman which is what the Steelers like. Cox may not be the size they are looking for, as they usually like big bodies in the middle (Casey Hampton 330 pounds) but Cox has good strength and can move around on the Dline. They could look at a CB but there is not good value here at this pick.

25. Denver Broncos- Coby Fleener- TE- Stanford

With the addition of Peyton Manning, look for Denver to draft a good young target for him to throw to. He loves TE’s so Coby Fleener would make sense with this pick. Fleener is a good sized target with decent speed for a TE. He had a productive career at Stanford catching balls from Andrew Luck, but also was a solid blocking TE. CB Stephon Gilmore could be a possibility at this pick.

26. Houston Texans- Kendall Wright- WR- Baylor

This pick might surprise some people. But Houston has been lacking a threat across from Andre Johnson for awhile. Wright followed up a bad combine showing with a great pro day which. Wright is a big play maker on the football field and creates great separation. He is alot faster than his combine time showed. He will stretch a field and make a big catch. If Houston doesn't draft WR here, they will likely be looking for a pass rusher at DE or OLB. A guy like Vinny Curry.

27. New England Patriots- Andre Branch- OLB/DE- Clemson

The Patriots love versatile rangy players, and Andre Branch fits the description. Branch could help the Patriots forget about guys like Mark Anderson and Andre Carter. Branch accumulated 26 tackles for a loss and 16.5 sacks the last two years at Clemson. Other options they could choose from would be SL Brandon Thompson or Kendall Reyes.

28. Green Bay Packers- Vinny Curry- OLB/DE- Marshall

The Packers weak spots are at OLB and DE, and they will focus on getting a guy to play opposite of Clay Matthews. Some people might not agree with him this high, but I firmly believe he’s a late first round talent, and I see many people that put him as a mid-second to late second round value. He is a dynamic pass rusher and makes plays in the backfield. In his last two seasons at Marshall, he has 41 tackles for a loss and 33 sacks.

29. Baltimore Ravens- Stephen Hill- WR Georgia Tech

The big athletic and very fast Hill will give the Ravens a much needed threat across from Anquan Boldin and make Joe Flacco a very happy man. Torrey Smith, in my opinion is better suited as a slot receiver. Hill has impressive size and very hard to find speed with that size. His negative is that he needs to become a better route runner. If Ravens don’t draft another toy for Flacco look for them to draft come protection in the interior of that offensive line, a guy like Peter Konz would fit the billing.

30. San Francisco 49ers- Kevin Zeitler- OG- Wisconsin

San Francisco doesn’t have much in terms of weakness but that interior line needs some improvement. Zeitler will give the 49ers a more physically reliable guard to help protect Smith, and move Daniel Kilgore back into a reserve role. They could also use this pick on a CB addition like Stephon Gilmore.

31. New England Patriots- Stephon Gilmore- CB- South Carolina

Earlier in the round New England added a rangy LB/DE in Andre Branch. The Patriots had a brutal defense most of the season, and will likely make some young improvements during the draft. They select Gilmore here to add much needed depth at the CB position and get a guy that can make plays and seems to be a good run defender as well.

32. New York Giants- Dont’a Highower-MLB- Alabama

I think the Giants will be pretty happy to find Hightower sitting here at the end of the round. Hightower will be drafted somewhere late in the first round or very early in the second. The Giants would like to add a MLB to that defense which likes to use their MLB’s in the box. Hightower fits that bill as he is a hard hitting LB and very strong inside the box. Another option for the Giants would be OT Mike Adams

Edited by Beastly Dareus

This is my first mock draft of the year. I usually do 2 a year and post them on condraft.com but that website has been down for awhile. I didn't do this last year. So first time since 2010 Draft. I will probably post a 2nd and 3rd round later this weekend. Just thought I would share my work, and how I kinda see the draft playing out.

Round 1:

There is no reason to explain here. Luck is the best QB prospect to come around since Peyton Manning, funny he will be joining the same team. Colts could surprise the football world and select RG3 with this pick.

There is no other reason Washington traded up to this pick other to select their next franchise QB. RG3 is probably the most dynamic QB to come out since Michael Vick. The difference is that RG3 is a better QB than Vick was coming out of college. Great vision and throwing mechanics. If Colts choose to select RG3 #1 then Andrew Luck will be the pick here.

Yes, I just did that. Minnesota was horrible in pass coverage last year. They released Cedric Griffin, Antoine Winfield had an injury last year plus he is getting old and slowing down. Asher Allen showed flashes of starter capability but he would be a better slot cover corner in the nickel. I disagree with most mock drafts that have them selecting LT with this pick, they have bigger need in the interior of the line. Geoff Schwartz showed some promise at LT and is manageable. Give him another year to develop. If the Vikings don’t select Claiborne here, the obvious pick is Matt Kalil, the solid LT from USC. Kalil may free fall if not selected here based on team needs.

This pick should be a no brainer for Cleveland. Hardesty is not a premier back; Colt McCoy needs a better run game if the Browns want to keep him as their franchise QB. Peyton Hillis and the Browns fell out last year; some people say Hillis faked injuries because he wanted a pay raise. With Hillis gone in FA the Browns need to fill that hole, and I believe they upgrade with the all-around talented RB from Alabama. Richardson can block, catch out of the backfield and he is a workhorse of a running back.

Well Tampa Bay would love to land Morris Claiborne, however I believe he goes to Minnesota. With no other CB’s worth a top 10 pick, the Bucs look for another need. Melvin Ingram may not be worth this high of a selection, but he is the best OLB in this draft. He would add a good run defender and an edge pass rusher to a defense that would love another one. If Claiborne or Richardson falls to this pick, Tampa Bay will select one of them before Ingram.

Bradford needs some weapons in that offense. They have lacked a #1 WR since Issac Bruce and Torry Holt suited up. This will be a welcomed addition for both Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson, who could use a weight lifted off his shoulder. I think this is the only logical pick for the Rams as long as Blackmon is still on the board when they pick.

They were able to resign Mincey in FA, but Aaron Kampman is aging and has been injury prone. They said they would like to focus on upgrading the D-Line this offseason and Coples has the talent to do that. If Coples shows up to play, he will leave a big impact on most games. He can get to the QB and is also a good run defender. If they Jags don’t select DE here they will likely select Michael Floyd with this pick.

As a Bills fan, it was great seeing Miami fall on their face during this FA period. They lost bidding wars for Peyton Manning, Matt Flynn, and Alex Smith. Then they failed to try to close a trade for Tim Tebow. As a result they settle for David Garrard. Although Matt Moore has shown promised while playing in Carolina and Miami, he isn’t the franchise QB. Miami is in a tough spot, they have no #1 or #2 WR, as of now it is Davone Bess and Brian Hartline. Both Bess and Hartline are more slot receivers in a 3 WR set. WR Michael Floyd could also be the selection with this pick if the Jags pass on him.

Everyone has a different opinion who the #1 DT is in this draft. Some say its Michael Brockers while others say it’s Dontari Poe. For me, the safer pick is Poe. Good run stopping DT and that’s exactly what Carolina is missing. Carolina also has needs at CB and WR. Kirkpatrick is a slight reach here; Michael Floyd would be the backup option.

Going into the offseason, DE was their greatest need. It’s safe to say that is solidified with the additions of Mario Williams and Mark Anderson. The Bills however have failed to resign one key FA, which would be Demetrius Bell. The Bills could still resign Bell, but if not they will look to the draft. Hairston is not ready for a starting role yet. Matt Kalil is a top 5 prospect, but falls because of team needs. If Minnesota passes over him, I would guess this is where the free fall stops. Great run blocker, and has the ability to develop into a great blindside protector. If Kalil isn’t taken by Minnesota, then the pick here could be either Jonathan Martin- LT Stanford or WR- Michael Floyd. CB Dre Kirkpatrick would be a dark horse candidate.

Kansas City has a few different ways they could go here. They have needs at NT and RT. With Poe off the board and being the best NT available, I say the Chiefs solidify their RT position with Riley Reiff. Reiff is a strong run blocker, which makes him a great candidate for RT in the NFL. He should develop into a solid RT in the NFL. If Poe is on the board the Chiefs will pick him, but DT Michael Brockers is always an options as well.

Seattle filled their QB need with the signing of Matt Flynn, so they go to their second biggest need which is DE with this pick. Upshaw is my favorite defensive player in this draft and in my opinion the safest pick. He is a great run defender and can also get pressure on the QB. His problem is he lacks a good burst. CB Dre Kirkpatrick and DE Whitney Mercilus are most likely play B or C.

Arizona has had problems at LT for a few years, and they will finally solve that problem in this draft with in my opinion the best pass protector in this draft. Martin is also a good run blocker. He just needs to work on technique so he becomes more effective in the NFL and add more strength. DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw could be a choice if he falls this far. Dre Kirkpatrick would also fill a need for the Cardinals.

Cowboys released Terrance Newman this offseason and they have a big need to upgrade their weak secondary. They were able to sign Brandon Carr as a FA, so that should help improve the CB position but they need Safety help. Barron is the only Safety worthy of a 1st round pick. He has good size and speed, and can be a major playmaker. They could look to improve at OLB, but Ingram and Upshaw will be gone by this pick. They could also surprise and add another CB like Dre Kirkpatrick.

The Eagles made a huge splash by trading for DeMeco Ryans in a steal. They still need help at LB, now on the outside. I think they will attempt to draft MLB Luke Kuechly and try to play him at OLB or maybe DeMeco Ryan. Kuechly is the best LB on the board at this point and it’s the biggest need for the Eagles. If the Eagles decide to go in the route of a true OLB, then Nick Perry DE/OLB will be the selection here.

The Jets have a few needs, but I say they will address WR here to add a more dynamic WR across from Santonio Holmes. Floyd is a playmaker and can stretch the field. Good catching ability. Makes great adjestments to the ball. The Jets could also choose to select DE/OLB Nick Perry here.

DeCastro is the best OG in this draft, and Cincinnati needs help in that interior of the offensive line. DeCastro is a very physical lineman who is also very mobile and great at getting into the second level of the defense. Cincinnati could always select Dre Kirkpatrick with this selection who continues to fall. Nate Clements is aging and Leon Hall dropped off a little in 2011.

San Diego needs a lot of help on their defensive front. They let Castillo go in the offseason because he has been injury prone. Brockers would be a great replacement. He can stuff the run or put some pressure on the QB, and could very well be a top 10 pick. Other options would include DE Whitney Mercilus or OLB Zach Brown

They wanted to go after Mario Williams and then were in the run for Kamerion Wimbley so they obviously want another DE. Mercilus had 16 sacks in his senior season with 23 tackles for a loss. He makes big plays behind the line of scrimmage, which is what Chicago likes in their defensive players. Would be a perfect fit for both sides. If they don’t select Mercilus then they will likely draft a CB like Dre Kirkpatrick if he does fall this far.

Well Tennessee may have had the 2nd worse offseason this year, only behind Miami. They lost out on the Manning sweepstakes and the Mario Williams sweepstakes. But they were able to eventually pull in Kamerion Wimbley. I think the Titans will go CB here and select the dynamic Kirkpatrick. He is a good cover guy and a big time tackler. His draft stock has fallen because of off the field issues. Other options could be WR Rueben Randle or OLB Zach Brown.

After selecting and OG earlier in the round, they will likely turn to upgrade their secondary with CB Jenoris Jenkins. Jenkins is a shutdown corner capable of making a big play interception. Like Kirkpatrick, Jenkins has had off the field issues; otherwise he would be a top 15 pick.

Cleveland already drafted Richardson to fill RB gap. And now they add another weapon, this time at WR. If Randle had a better QB, he would probably be off the board earlier. Good route runner and can make a great catch. Will help improve a bad offense in Cleveland.

Matthew Stafford needs better protection, and here is his man. Glenn can play LT as well, which makes him even more valuable. He is huge and hard to push back for any DE or DT. Other options might be OT Mike Adams. Detroit also needs a CB but the only three CB’s worth taken in the 1st round are off the board.

Pittsburgh needs help at DT and Cox would offer them a very athletic defensive lineman which is what the Steelers like. Cox may not be the size they are looking for, as they usually like big bodies in the middle (Casey Hampton 330 pounds) but Cox has good strength and can move around on the Dline. They could look at a CB but there is not good value here at this pick.

With the addition of Peyton Manning, look for Denver to draft a good young target for him to throw to. He loves TE’s so Coby Fleener would make sense with this pick. Fleener is a good sized target with decent speed for a TE. He had a productive career at Stanford catching balls from Andrew Luck, but also was a solid blocking TE. CB Stephon Gilmore could be a possibility at this pick.

This pick might surprise some people. But Houston has been lacking a threat across from Andre Johnson for awhile. Wright followed up a bad combine showing with a great pro day which. Wright is a big play maker on the football field and creates great separation. He is alot faster than his combine time showed. He will stretch a field and make a big catch. If Houston doesn't draft WR here, they will likely be looking for a pass rusher at DE or OLB. A guy like Vinny Curry.

The Patriots love versatile rangy players, and Andre Branch fits the description. Branch could help the Patriots forget about guys like Mark Anderson and Andre Carter. Branch accumulated 26 tackles for a loss and 16.5 sacks the last two years at Clemson. Other options they could choose from would be SL Brandon Thompson or Kendall Reyes.

The Packers weak spots are at OLB and DE, and they will focus on getting a guy to play opposite of Clay Matthews. Some people might not agree with him this high, but I firmly believe he’s a late first round talent, and I see many people that put him as a mid-second to late second round value. He is a dynamic pass rusher and makes plays in the backfield. In his last two seasons at Marshall, he has 41 tackles for a loss and 33 sacks.

The big athletic and very fast Hill will give the Ravens a much needed threat across from Anquan Boldin and make Joe Flacco a very happy man. Torrey Smith, in my opinion is better suited as a slot receiver. Hill has impressive size and very hard to find speed with that size. His negative is that he needs to become a better route runner. If Ravens don’t draft another toy for Flacco look for them to draft come protection in the interior of that offensive line, a guy like Peter Konz would fit the billing.

San Francisco doesn’t have much in terms of weakness but that interior line needs some improvement. Zeitler will give the 49ers a more physically reliable guard to help protect Smith, and move Daniel Kilgore back into a reserve role. They could also use this pick on a CB addition like Stephon Gilmore.

Earlier in the round New England added a rangy LB/DE in Andre Branch. The Patriots had a brutal defense most of the season, and will likely make some young improvements during the draft. They select Gilmore here to add much needed depth at the CB position and get a guy that can make plays and seems to be a good run defender as well.

I think the Giants will be pretty happy to find Hightower sitting here at the end of the round. Hightower will be drafted somewhere late in the first round or very early in the second. The Giants would like to add a MLB to that defense which likes to use their MLB’s in the box. Hightower fits that bill as he is a hard hitting LB and very strong inside the box. Another option for the Giants would be OT Mike Adams

Nice effort but I'd have to say "Air ball". Kalil is going third. They should fire the GM if he doesn't. If he doesn't go 3 he's going 4.

Nice effort but I'd have to say "Air ball". Kalil is going third. They should fire the GM if he doesn't. If he doesn't go 3 he's going 4.

That's your opinion, as you would agree with 95% of other people. I personally believe Claiborne is a top 3 talent as well and Minnesota as a greater need at CB.

Also, please don't quote entire text. It covers too much space :D

We can always dream

I'm not "dreaming" As of right now, this is how I can see the draft playing out based on my analysis.

When I saw Min take a CB at 3, I knew you had Kalil dropping to us. Nice way to force things, but that ain't happening.

Please use logic and reasoning when posting, I backed up my opinions with reasoning. You should try as well. Because you can't back up your claims, your comment is void. :)

Round 1:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're odds are better that you will win the powerball lotto than Kalil being there at 10! The only way the Bills get Kalil is trading up to the 3rd pick, not a bad idea. He's probably worth trading up for if the price isn't too steep. Too bad Minn wouldn't take our 1 and number 4 for trading up. I know, the Vikings aren't that stupid. OH well if you can dream so can I.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're odds are better that you will win the powerball lotto than Kalil being there at 10! The only way the Bills get Kalil is trading up to the 3rd pick, not a bad idea. He's probably worth trading up for if the price isn't too steep. Too bad Minn wouldn't take our 1 and number 4 for trading up. I know, the Vikings aren't that stupid. OH well if you can dream so can I.

Seems like posters here cannot post with logic and reasoning. Backup your claims with reasoning, then you may have a valid point. ;)

why wouldnt tampa take him IYO?

Why would they when they have two young above average studs. Donald Penn at LT and Jeremy Trueblood at RT?

They have huge holes at OLB and could use DL help. Only position on O-Line the Bucs truely could use he;p with is Center.

Edited by Beastly Dareus

Seems like posters here cannot post with logic and reasoning. Backup your claims with reasoning, then you may have a valid point. ;)

Ho boy, another poster shooting down everyone's replies by saying they lack "logic and reasoning" even though there's no logic or reasoning to his own post. Sounds like someone else around here, or maybe you just have two accounts.

The "reasoning" if you'd like to call it that, is Matt Kalil is a consensus top 5 pick. By pretty much everyone except you, apparently. What you did in your draft is called "wishful thinking" or "daydreaming" if you prefer. No logic or reasoning involved, sorry to say.

Ho boy, another poster shooting down everyone's replies by saying they lack "logic and reasoning" even though there's no logic or reasoning to his own post. Sounds like someone else around here, or maybe you just have two accounts.

The "reasoning" if you'd like to call it that, is Matt Kalil is a consensus top 5 pick. By pretty much everyone except you, apparently. What you did in your draft is called "wishful thinking" or "daydreaming" if you prefer. No logic or reasoning involved, sorry to say.

LMAO, what? you obviously didn't read anything. do yourself a favor and learn to read and comprehend ;)

I use reasoning for each pick if you know how to read you could see that. Again, use logic and reasoning before attacking someone else's post :)

edit: also, I wouldn't waste my time with two accounts. Get a life dude. go be an a** somewhere else

Edited by Beastly Dareus

Sure it's self serving and sounds a little far fetched, but every draft day has surprises. The assumption that vikes are committed to ponder and will build around him may be faulty. Which in that case they may not go LT in RD 1, and if he falls to us I would http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80442764/

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Why would they when they have two young above average studs. Donald Penn at LT and Jeremy Trueblood at RT?

They have huge holes at OLB and could use DL help. Only position on O-Line the Bucs truely could use he;p with is Center.

"above average studs"? LOL so these days in order to be a stud you just have to be above average

If Kalil does get past Minnesota then Clevleand will trade down with someone who will take Kalil at 4. Yes Minnesota could take a CB. Even if that does not happen there is no way he makes it past St. Louis. Ergo short of him being busted driving 110 mph in a stolen car drunk he is not going to be a Buffalo Bill.

Sure it's self serving and sounds a little far fetched, but every draft day has surprises. The assumption that vikes are committed to ponder and will build around him may be faulty. Which in that case they may not go LT in RD 1, and if he falls to us I would http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80442764/

Draft is always full of surprises :)

They did sign a LT in Geoff Schwartz who has shown some promise (starting 19 out of 32 games in his short career) and was also coached by the Vikings O-Line coach in Carolina.