Unfair to Illegal Aliens to Make Them Follow

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8561262

"Immigration activists and the American Civil Liberties Union also oppose the current law, arguing that it discriminates against illegal immigrants because they cannot apply for a driver's license."

So, there's a law that gets broken, and then there is another law that gets broken, but it's unfair to penalize the lawbreaker because the first law that they broke made them break the second law?

Sooo....does this "unlicensed driver" thing work for everybody? Can I just tell the cop next time I am pulled over; "I'm an unlicensed driver officer, but here's the registration!"

It's awesome when laws are voluntary.

Sooo....does this "unlicensed driver" thing work for everybody? Can I just tell the cop next time I am pulled over; "I'm an unlicensed driver officer, but here's the registration!"

It's awesome when laws are voluntary.

I guess if you are a citizen or a legal alien then the law will apply to you because you don't have to break the law to drive. Since the illegal alien has to break the law to drive, it doesn't really apply to him.

"Beck supports creating a license for illegal immigrants who have been in the U.S. for a long time and who have a clean record."

Oh, that's rich. By definition, it's impossible for an illegal immigrant to have a clean record. :wallbash: