TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

The Bears defense is thoroughly unimpressed with Tim Tebow:

After the game, though, the stars on the Bears defense were in no mood to join everyone else in heaping praise on Tebow. Via Alex Marvez at Fox, here are quotes from the pillars of the Chicago D, in order of least to most inflammatory.....

Lance Briggs: "He played hard. I respect a guy that plays hard, him and all the other 10 guys on that field for the Broncos."

Julius Peppers: "It wasn't anything special that he did."

Brian Urlacher: "He's a good running back."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Bears-defense-is-thoroughly-unimpressed-with?urn=nfl-wp13670

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So regardless of how Tebow is getting his confidence, its that confidence that has made him one of the best players in the NFL. And the Broncos would be crazy not to embrace this guy for the next decade or longer. Plenty of guys can throw a football, but very few can inspire grown men wearing the same uniform to believe that together they can achieve great things. Even fewer can cause the grown men wearing a different uniform to sense that, no matter what they do, its simply not their day. Its become fashionable to point out that Tebow has received too much credit for the accomplishments of his teammates. But those same teammates who are 7-1 under Tebows leadership were 1-4 under Kyle Orton.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/14/tebow-tells-teammates-that-god-has-spoken-to-him/

It’s become fashionable to point out that Tebow has received too much credit for the accomplishments of his teammates. But those same teammates who are 7-1 under Tebow’s leadership were 1-4 under Kyle Orton.

This sentence reminds me of what Chuck Klosterman wrote last week - both sides of this seem to get off on pretending like they're a repressed minority, courageously speaking out against group think. It's sorta ridiculous.

It's no less fashionable to mention their record this year behind Orton/Tebow; as if everyone doesn't know that already.

Edited by BuffOrange

he really was 3:16 in the first 3 quarters.

Honestly though this guy has more dropped passes than I have ever seen. Decker had 4 or 5 drops, all of which were for would-be first downs. Thomas had another 2-3 which included a sure-fire 60 yard TD. Every single game Tebow has 6+ drops. Imagine a season worth of SJ drops concetrated into each and every game - thats what its like watching these guys have balls bounce right off their chests.

18-0 packers vs the Broncos in the SB. Tebow Magic wins the Superbowl. Packers go 18-1 :thumbsup:

I have been saying the same thing lol.

Honestly though this guy has more dropped passes than I have ever seen. Decker had 4 or 5 drops, all of which were for would-be first downs. Thomas had another 2-3 which included a sure-fire 60 yard TD. Every single game Tebow has 6+ drops. Imagine a season worth of SJ drops concetrated into each and every game - thats what its like watching these guys have balls bounce right off their chests.

Isn't this evidence which counters the popularly-held belief that Tebow raises the level of play of all of his teammates?

I'm actually kidding, by the testimony of everyone, he does indeed raise his team… so it's kind of ironic that he's been plagued by so many drops.

Just an innocent observation… please don't track me down and firebomb my house.

Thank you.

Isn't this evidence which counters the popularly-held belief that Tebow raises the level of play of all of his teammates?

I'm actually kidding, by the testimony of everyone, he does indeed raise his team… so it's kind of ironic that he's been plagued by so many drops.

Just an innocent observation… please don't track me down and firebomb my house.

Thank you.

No reason to. You'll be struck by lightning soon.

Flutie and Tebow have a lot of similarities. Household college kids, Heismann winners with questions around their ability to play at the NFL. Flutie knows better than most that players like Tebow won't get an opportunity to learn and improve on the job. 6'4, 235 QBs with cannons get very long looks in the NFL. If Tebow doesn't win a playoff game his next stop will be the CFL as well. No matter the fan backlash, Fox and Elway will make Tebow gone. It is hard to believe that Rob Johnson took over from Flutie, after Flutie essentially saved the Bills franchise in WNY, but it happended. It will happen with Tebow as well if he doesn't do something in the playoffs.

The NFL is far too rigid to see what they have in Tebow and cater to it. Ryan Leaf stays in the NFL for years after he is an obvious bust, Tebow will not be afforded that opportunity. Sad, I am pulling for him. Hard to imagine calling one of the greatest college payers of all time an underdog, but he is.

Flutie and Tebow have a lot of similarities. Household college kids, Heismann winners with questions around their ability to play at the NFL. Flutie knows better than most that players like Tebow won't get an opportunity to learn and improve on the job. 6'4, 235 QBs with cannons get very long looks in the NFL. If Tebow doesn't win a playoff game his next stop will be the CFL as well. No matter the fan backlash, Fox and Elway will make Tebow gone. It is hard to believe that Rob Johnson took over from Flutie, after Flutie essentially saved the Bills franchise in WNY, but it happended. It will happen with Tebow as well if he doesn't do something in the playoffs.

The NFL is far too rigid to see what they have in Tebow and cater to it. Ryan Leaf stays in the NFL for years after he is an obvious bust, Tebow will not be afforded that opportunity. Sad, I am pulling for him. Hard to imagine calling one of the greatest college payers of all time an underdog, but he is.

At the very least, Tebow gets another season after this one, playoff success or not this year.

GO BILLS!!!

Don't you know that we only want to watch Jets games here.

It's so friggin stupid. More people would rather see the Pats just to hate on them even if they weren't playing the biggest story in sports right now.

And, it's going to be so interesting. I am a Tebow fan, and I do think he is like Flutie - and Flutie was on a similar roll, until he met up with Belichick in that late game in '98. BB figured him out, everybody copied that, and Flutie was never the same.

If Tebow can beat or at least play well against the hoodie, he should really have some staying power.

It's so friggin stupid. More people would rather see the Pats just to hate on them even if they weren't playing the biggest story in sports right now.

And, it's going to be so interesting. I am a Tebow fan, and I do think he is like Flutie - and Flutie was on a similar roll, until he met up with Belichick in that late game in '98. BB figured him out, everybody copied that, and Flutie was never the same.

If Tebow can beat or at least play well against the hoodie, he should really have some staying power.

The problem with Flutie was he couldn't pass in the pocket so Tim should be all set there. But Belicheat may come up with something but I don't feel it will be totally effective against him even if the Pats win.

Tim just has that killer instinct that comes out when the chips are down and finds away win. This was the reason I wanted to draft him because he is a winner and that is what we desperately need. I also wanted Gronkowski that draft too, imagine how our team would look with those two on it. How about a 2010 redo:

1. Tebow

2. Gronk

3. WR Jordan Shipley

4. OT Jason Fox

5. NT Cam Thomas

6. OLB Moats (only if we used him properly)

6. OLB Batten (same as above)

7. S Cody Grimm

7. DE Brandon Deaderick.