TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either Elway or Tebow is lying.

"Broncos executive vice president John Elway said Thursday that the Broncos kept Tebow informed of trade possibilities and let the quarterback have a say in where he ended up. Elway, in an interview Thurdsay on 102.3 ESPN radio in Denver, said Jacksonville's offer was actually worth slightly more than the offer from the Jets. Jacksonville's draft slot is 10 places higher than the Jets in each round."There was more from Jacksonville, but I think that we looked at it and it was close enough, and we were in contact with Tim throughout the day, and talked to him," Elway said. "He knew what was going on the whole time. The reports that he was not involved are not accurate."

Tebow, in a conference call with New York reporters late Wednesday night, said the Broncos held "all the power."

Actually I think both statements can be true and neither side is lying. I believe that Elway genuinely admires Tebow and it's not unrealistic to think he kept Tebow in the loop and asked his opinion. In other words, he was "involved".

It's also true that ultimately, the team looking to trade a player under contract holds all the power and can make whatever deal they want and the player has no say in it, unless his contract specifically gives him a veto (something you have to prove yourself in the NFL to earn). Tebow may have had a "pros" and "cons" list that said "better chance to see games and eventually start in NY" and "coach more experienced with Wildcat" under Jets, and it may also have summed to "would prefer Jax" for non-football or intangible reasons.

It's sort of like when we sit down with my kid and ask input on a decision, such as which extramural sports team to join or which secondary school to attend, we genuinely want to hear her input and want her to be involved in the decision but at the end of the day we do have all the power and we will make the decision.

Edited by Hopeful

Actually I think both statements can be true and neither side is lying. I believe that Elway genuinely admires Tebow and it's not unrealistic to think he kept Tebow in the loop and asked his opinion. In other words, he was "involved".

It's also true that ultimately, the team looking to trade a player under contract holds all the power and can make whatever deal they want and the player has no say in it, unless his contract specifically gives him a veto (something you have to prove yourself in the NFL to earn). Tebow may have had a "pros" and "cons" list that said "better chance to see games and eventually start in NY" and "coach more experienced with Wildcat" under Jets, and it may also have summed to "would prefer Jax" for non-football or intangible reasons.

It's sort of like when we sit down with my kid and ask input on a decision, such as which extramural sports team to join or which secondary school to attend, we genuinely want to hear her input and want her to be involved in the decision but at the end of the day we do have all the power and we will make the decision.

I suppose what you say could be true.

However in his conference call Tebow was quoted as saying "I didn't have any say, the Broncos had all the power" while Elway said that "the reports that he was not involved are not accurate."

It could be a contradiction or maybe not.

A poll on CBC Sports shows 57% of fans think Sanchez should be the starter and 43% Tebow.

Wonder if the Jets locker room will be equally divided.

We can only hope. We can only deeply hope.

I read Sanchize as being a relatively fragile guy in a relatively fragile position - new OC and so forth....I think having Tebow there will mess with his head so bad

and....I CAN'T WAIT!

Nothing against Sanchez personally, I just want to watch the Jets implode about as badly as I want to see Brady moaning and getting up slowly after the law firm of Williams and Anderson serves him a summons

Cro's been converted ...

"He's a guy (Tebow) that brings a different atmosphere to the locker room and the huddle," Cromartie told the New York Daily News on Friday. "We were missing that last year -- a guy that can take control and do the things that we need to."

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7731749

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Don't forget the opportunity to provide more exposure to his obnoxious religious zealotry and the opportunity to witness in front of a bigger market.

Of course he does and no it's not dissing him. Sanchez is not that good which should be no secret to anyone.

I believe Tebows reasons for favoring Jets were:

- vulnerability of Sanchez

- NY media market

- Sparano the OC who uses the wildcat

- they're a competitive team and not rebuilding like Jags

Cro's been converted ...

"He's a guy (Tebow) that brings a different atmosphere to the locker room and the huddle," Cromartie told the New York Daily News on Friday. "We were missing that last year -- a guy that can take control and do the things that we need to."

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=7731749

Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! "We were missing a guy *cough* Sanchez *cough* who can take control (in the huddle) and do the things that we need to do (on offense).

Just the love a QB with a fragile head playing in a media fishbowl needs - his teammates on D publically throwing him under the bus in favor of a guy with 47.3% completions.

Then there's the coach with the tear in his eye, pleading "let's be a team again" in his end of season speech.

Sexy Rexy will be renting a giant purple dinosaur suit for his opening speech at training camp. Sanchez can wear it: "will you be my friend?"

Still, who knows? They may actually get it together....don't count your enemy out.

Don't forget the opportunity to provide more exposure to his obnoxious religious zealotry and the opportunity to witness in front of a bigger market.

It's funny, I'm not a religious person and I have no problem with tebow and how he carries himself. If religion does it for him and that comes out in interviews, who am I to say he's wrong? And religious gestures on the field were common WAYYYYYY before Tebow.

It's funny, I'm not a religious person and I have no problem with tebow and how he carries himself. If religion does it for him and that comes out in interviews, who am I to say he's wrong? And religious gestures on the field were common WAYYYYYY before Tebow.

I would feel the same way if he was an obnoxious atheist, or was vocal about the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I think that stuff should be more private than public. The guy finds a camera just to tebow in front of. Obnoxious.

Edited by todd

From Sunday's New York Post:

"All of the attention on Tebow has some Jets shaking their heads. Several current Jets ... asked not to be quoted but expressed disbelief at the team bringing in Tebow. ... The idea of a backup quarterback having a press conference is something they can’t wrap their heads around, and they know it’s just the beginning."

The article also includes a healthy dollop of incredulity from Damien Woody, who we're now 90 percent certain retired just so he could rip on his former team on a semi-weekly basis.

As for The Anonymous Jets, you have to wonder how Tebow will be received when OTAs begin. This is a team that's clearly unsure the direction it's being steered, and Tebow has become the face of that confusion. Welcome to New York, kid.

Either Elway or Tebow is lying.

http://blogs.denverp...w-choice/12760/

"Broncos executive vice president John Elway said Thursday that the Broncos kept Tebow informed of trade possibilities and let the quarterback have a say in where he ended up. Elway, in an interview Thurdsay on 102.3 ESPN radio in Denver, said Jacksonville's offer was actually worth slightly more than the offer from the Jets. Jacksonville's draft slot is 10 places higher than the Jets in each round."There was more from Jacksonville, but I think that we looked at it and it was close enough, and we were in contact with Tim throughout the day, and talked to him," Elway said. "He knew what was going on the whole time. The reports that he was not involved are not accurate."

Tebow, in a conference call with New York reporters late Wednesday night, said the Broncos held "all the power."

See above.

It's more common for people to run away with the circus… not from it.

It seems like Tebow is the one lying.

From rotoworld (and Tebow's new conference)

Speaking at his introductory Jets press conference Monday, Tim Tebow said "whatever my role is, I'm going to try to expand it."

Tebow also confirmed the Broncos gave him some say in where he would be traded, and insisted he has a "great relationship" with Mark Sanchez. He said he would have "loved" to be traded to his hometown of Jacksonville, but that he was most intrigued about being a Jet thanks in part to his relationship with coach Rex Ryan. The two share an agent. If the media throng in attendance was any indication, "Tebowmania" is going to be taken to a whole new level in 2012.

It seems like Tebow is the one lying.

From rotoworld (and Tebow's new conference)

Speaking at his introductory Jets press conference Monday, Tim Tebow said "whatever my role is, I'm going to try to expand it."

Tebow also confirmed the Broncos gave him some say in where he would be traded, and insisted he has a "great relationship" with Mark Sanchez. He said he would have "loved" to be traded to his hometown of Jacksonville, but that he was most intrigued about being a Jet thanks in part to his relationship with coach Rex Ryan. The two share an agent. If the media throng in attendance was any indication, "Tebowmania" is going to be taken to a whole new level in 2012.

Yes, it looks like Tebow was lying.

After suggesting that he had no say in where he ended up on Friday, Tebow finally admitted that he did have input.

Also Jacksonville owner Shahid Kahn has stated unequivocally that Tebow preferred to go to New York and Tebow admitted this fact in the same piece:

At 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, the Broncos let the Jaguars know they were allowing Tebow to choose between the teams. Denver coach John Fox kept Tebow abreast of the talks throughout the day. Early in the day Fox had asked Tebow if he had a preference, and Tebow said both seemed fine and the Broncos should do what was best for the team.Wednesday evening, Tebow's opinion changed. He was going to have a better opportunity to start in New York and felt more wanted by the Jets organization.

Tebow acknowledged that at his press conference in New York on Monday, saying he was more comfortable with the Jets' coaches than with the Jaguars'.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville....e#ixzz1qGfV60IE

Jacksonville actually offered a better draft pick by 9 spots and more money than the Jets did towards the advance money that was owed to Tebow by Denver. In spite of getting a better offer from Jacksonville, Denver acceded to Tebow's wishes and traded him to the Jets.

I guess Tebow lied because he didn't want to alienate his legion of Florida/Jacksonville fans (he grew up about 15 miles from Jacksonville) and also perhaps because he didn't want to give away the fact that he was the rare player who held control over a trade situation.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan