TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

Isnt this EXACTLY what you are doing? Now in multiple threads?

Nope, I am merely responding to others crusades and pointing out the hilarity of the simple minded. You think Tim's great, wonderful, but stop cramming it down our throats with your polls and various other incessant propoganda.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I am merely responding to others crusades and pointing out the hilarity of the simple minded. You think Tim's great, wonderful, but stop cramming it down our throats with your polls and various other incessant propoganda.

Youre still participating in the madness.

It's a Tebow thread. Says right so in the title. It's actually THE Tebow thread.

If you are sick of it, dont click it, dont read it, dont respond, and dont keep bumping it to the top.

If ESPN has 44 minutes per hour to produce stories on Sportscenter, and x amount is NBA, and x amount is NFL, and x amount is College Basketball, leaving only x amount to cover the NFL playoffs, and you dedicate time every day to cover one player, not only at the expense of other players, but entire teams. I watch sports center every day, the Houston Texans made the playoffs for their first time in franchise history - where were the stories? They did it with a 5th round draft pick who was #3 on the depth chart to start the season - where were the stories.

There is nothing inherent in Tim Tebow's college or pro career that makes him any more relevant as an athlete than TJ Yates, and in fact Yates is the far more compelling story if all you care about is sports. Since when do we treat a Heisman winning, National Championship winning, 1st round drafted quarterback like he's the little engine that could?

Throw in the NFL Network, FOX and CBS Sports, and it's just repetition, in the same way that manufactured pop stars who can't really sing saturate the market thanks to massive promotion. The NFL loves having a clean-cut, white, Christian poster boy to put out front, and the NFL didn't become the most profitable sports league in the US because it's inept at manipulating the media for it's own benefit.

And I'll say again, there are players doing x10 as much charitable work, and there are players with x10 the professional accomplishments, and they all seem irrelevant thanks to a very purposeful, coordinated media effort.

But that's the whole point.

Tebow has broad appeal regardless of whether you root for him, against him, or are just checking out the news every now and again. You treat a guy like tebow like the little engine that could because that's the angle that sells. As for the NFL and Christian poster boys, you tell me. If tebow and the Broncos go 3-13, and miss the playoffs, does the media coverage continue? i don't think so, except as it relates to vultures circling the carcass. you don't think cam newton gets that coverage if he makes the playoffs?

i don't spend much time watching press coverage on the various networks as i find it repetitive as well. in a 24 hour news cycle world, i don't see how it could not be. by the way, as for the nfl manipulating the media, i try not to confuse the business of the nfl with the games played each week. the nfl isn't about crowning the SB champion, the nfl is about the entertainment business that brings in billions of dollars. tebow's good for that, not unlike michael oher and 'the blindside' were good for it as well.

No ****. Just stop watching espn so much. Sometimes it just happens to be on without anybody changing the channel and it's the same crap over and over no matter what. One show of talking heads follows the other show of talking heads - all rehashing the same crap.

Jesus H. Christ people. Thirty eight pages. Really? That's some hate.

39 pages, feeling the love!

You can't be talking about the pro football hall of fame? Dude, you've got it bad.

Is there any other?

You mean like Mike Tyson and Muhammed Ali did?

You mean like Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.?

:worthy:

If you are white then it's not acceptable but everyone is just fine, especially anyone who is not Christian.

This should probably be taken offline, but how did you get trolling from fun? Is it unpleasant or dull for you when you post here, if so, then why are you doing it?

You may want to consider the fact that what is "fun" for you is annoying to others and makes it less pleasant for many to post here.

And you may want to consider it strongly before the moderators do some significant spring janitorial work.

Guess this dispells the reason for Fitz's poor performance do to bad Ribs.

"I just wanted to show character. You just continue to fight and it doesn't change who you are, how you play, how you go out there, you should be the same at all times," Tebow said. "That's what I wanted to show, it didn't matter if it was the first play or the last play or you were down by 42. I was going to be the same player and I was still going to give everything I have. Because that's all I have to give." Tim Tebow

http://news.yahoo.com/tebow-played-injuries-playoff-loss-153210228--spt.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/brian-billick-recommends-tim-tebow-shed-muscle-172821454.html

Last line is my favorite

side note: I have no problem with this thread at all, but I think it's funny that people have been complaining about guys talking about former Bills players because they are no longer on the team...Yet we have a 39 page thread about a guy that has absolutely nothing to do with the Bills...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Guess this dispells the reason for Fitz's poor performance do to bad Ribs.

http://news.yahoo.com/tebow-played-injuries-playoff-loss-153210228--spt.html

Just so I get this straight...Fitzgibbons had messed up ribs (according to some) but that can't be used as the reason for his poor play according to you. Meanwhile Tbow was injured in last week's game and he played crappy. But, while injuries can't be the reason for Fitzgibbons poor play but it is the reason for Tbow's poor play and he's to be commended for it.

Do I have any of that correct?

Just so I get this straight...Fitzgibbons had messed up ribs (according to some) but that can't be used as the reason for his poor play according to you. Meanwhile Tbow was injured in last week's game and he played crappy. But, while injuries can't be the reason for Fitzgibbons poor play but it is the reason for Tbow's poor play and he's to be commended for it.

Do I have any of that correct?

He didn't play crappy, he was being sacked, knocked down and harassed all day whereas Fitz was the least sacked player in the league and made a lot of bad throws supposedly blamed on his bad ribs.

He didn't play crappy, he was being sacked, knocked down and harassed all day whereas Fitz was the least sacked player in the league and made a lot of bad throws supposedly blamed on his bad ribs.

Ahhhh, I see. Fitzgibbon's crappy play (he never mentioned ribs that I can remember, but fans did) is because he's crappy (mind you I would find it difficult to argue this point). Tbow's crappy play is because his team let him down.

Do you believe the theory that he's too buff to play QB?

Ahhhh, I see. Fitzgibbon's crappy play (he never mentioned ribs that I can remember, but fans did) is because he's crappy (mind you I would find it difficult to argue this point). Tbow's crappy play is because his team let him down.

Nope, Fitz would do well to hit the gym to get that arm strength up. I watched Tebow throughout college and he throws the ball a lot harder now.

Most epic thread ever? Yes or no?

All I know is that between Tebow, and Quinn the donkeys have the buffest QB's in the league.