17 Defensive Lineman

Unless they need cap money I'm not sure why everyone has Edwards being cut over guys like Heard or even Troupe. I'd keep him over Johnson even.

Edited by Carey Bender

Since its going to be a 4-3 we should keep 2 more DL and 2 less LBs. So how many dl we be on the roster?

DEs

Mark Anderson

Chris Kelsay

Shawne Marriman

Mario Williams

Alex Carrington

DTs

Marcell Dareus

Dwan Edwards

Torell Troup

Kyle Williams

But I dont see Spencer Johnson getting cut because he can play both positions. Is Dwan Edwards tradeable?

I agree about Merriman, but ya never know about troupe. It makes sense to keep him, but we aren't the ones coaching him and evaluating him day in day out. He hasn't shown me anything to date (literally nothing), if he comes into camp and doesn't impress, good bye.

Troup didn't dominate his rookie season. You couldn't have expected him to. He was injured his sophomore season. We still don't really know what we have with him. I think he'll get another year to show he has

I would be really surprised if Buffalo cut Dwan Edwards. He should be a great 3 technique DT and if they plan on playing a hybrid 3/4 look at times, that would give them another great reason to keep him. Spencer Johnson is gone before Edwards and I think as of right now Edwards is the 3rd DT. He should provide a good pass rush from the inside

im not as gung ho but i wouldnt be surprised to see dwan over spencer. i think they battle over one "tweener" spot potentially

Considering they were using Johnson as an olb, I have to think they like him enough to keep him around. I also see one of heard or troup possibly making it but not both. I'm going to say neither one moves well enough to play dt in a 4-3. Maybe Edwards will have a say in whether he will stick around (may not want to play in the 4-3), but I think the best caliber/most accomplished players would be:

DT Dareus, Williams, Edwards, Johnson

DE Mark Anderson, Chris Kelsay, Shawne Merriman, Mario Williams, Alex Carrington

The only one I think might have troubles is Carrington. He needs to step it up to stay, or I guess if Merriman goes down he'll be safe. I think Kelsay stays because we need another end to set the edge in the run game, but if Anderson can do it Kelsay could be gone. Sure they love him, but one of the main reasons is his locker room presence. We have other guys that can take the locker room thing over, so if one of the younger guys and/or a draft pick impresses he could get bumped.

I don't think any moves will be based on the salary cap. I hope we're at the point now where we'll keep the players that are the most talented regardless of cap number or draft position for that matter. That's the way you compete through injuries in order to get to the playoffs.

IMO, Dwan Edwards is our best DT after our starters. Troup has shown us nothing so far.

I only have seven solid keepers that I can name:

K. Williams

M. Williams

Dareus

Anderson

Kelsay

Merriman

Edwards

The rest, imo, are all a wash and will battle it out in Training Camp.