Please don't anyone say Dream Team

I'm as excited about this season as the next guy, renewed my tix weeks ago, ready to tailgate and watch our team....BUT

I'm a little concerned with all the Tweets, Posts, media coverage, articles, etc. that say "Buffalo will have a dominating line" or D. Nelson tweeting "Our line is best in NFL" etc. I want to see our defense stop everyone and I want it to be dominant....but there is a line to be drawn between success on the field and success on paper. Vince Young got ridiculed for making a bonehead statement last year...the FA's we are bringing in are great improvements. If a team runs over 200 yds or passes over 400 in a game, we'll hear from Cowherd and other eggheads "I guess the Bills can't even buy success" or other nonsense. My approach with the Bills players would be: "stay cautiously optimistic, quiet, humble, no bragging, go about your business and play as a team....now go break some legs."

Dream Team? Who the !@#$ is saying that?

At best we have a good Defensive Line *on paper*.

Let's see if they actually perform. We still have holes all over the rest of the team.

At best we have a good defensive line? You've got to be kidding me. We have the potential to have the best defensive line in the NFL. Im not declaring a championship or even the playoffs, but to say we have "at best" a good line is completely ridiculous.

Edited by It's in My Blood

At best we have a good defensive line? You've got to be kidding me. We have the potential to have the best defensive line in the NFL. Im not declaring a championship or even the playoffs, but to say we have at best, a good line, is completely ridiculous.

i think his point was the "on paper" part, not that theyd only be good at best.

which i understand. mario i think is the safest bet in the world, but you never know. KW is coming off an injury. Dareus has a one year resume. anderson is a solid player.

in theory they should be very good.

to the person implying anyone is saying dream team, apparently they missed how many marquee players the eagles had. didnt get them anywhere, but we only have one of those types of superstars and have only signed two guys this offseason. they were racking up big names near daily last year. didnt do anything for them but far different situation.

At best we have a good defensive line? You've got to be kidding me. We have the potential to have the best defensive line in the NFL. Im not declaring a championship or even the playoffs, but to say we have "at best" a good line is completely ridiculous.

You're really arguing between "good" and "potential to be the best"?

To me those two are pretty much the same.

If you want, I'll say that... "At best we could potentially have one of the best defensive lines in football"...

But I'm still following it up with "we have plenty of holes elsewhere, we're far from a Dream Team at this point"

Sheesh.

Can we call it a coma induced fantasy team?

That I'll give you.

Of course this thread is right....but the timing is wrong. Let us have our day/weekend. This thread is for next week.

Beerball or other Mods...please diary this thread for three weeks.....

and bring me a Bloody Mary, a steak sandwich....and a steak sandwich

Seriously? :huh:

Who in their right mind would ever call this a "Dream Team." :lol:

That was a good chuckle though... B-)

I've seen references in the Shout Box, quoted Twitter comments and threads "best D line in the NFL" "dominating" and the usual media outlets making predictions of how imposing and dominant our defense will be...don't get me wrong, I love it. I just don't want to see the negative comments if our defense (or our D line)turns out a mediocre performance (like Philly last year)