Smart Cars

1332609100[/url]' post='2421009']

I wonder how many laws/regulations/mandates are on the books that translate roughly to "Hey, dumbass, you're being a dumbass!" Probably a majority of them.

I would think the majority as well. It seems like most of them are exactly that... trying to legislate out stuipd.

1332616071[/url]' post='2421094']

The camera on my car has guides along the left and right that align with parking space lines, and horizontally has green, yellow and then red bars to judge how close you are to something, as well as a small vertical line in the middle. Sounds to me like your wife's car just has a crappy camera.

No. Her's has all sorts of lines and such as you described. But what's the value of all those ticks and lines? 1ft ..2ft intervals? who knows... who cares. I've always thought for the video game crowd it made more sense and they felt more comfortable with it all. But for someone who lives in the real world, I don't know, I just don't see what's so hard about using your own eyes.

Quite honestly, just like half the crap they throw on cars, computers, phones, etc. to make them "easier"; I'll be fine just ignoring most all of it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Her's has all sorts of lines and such as you described. But what's the value of all those ticks and lines? 1ft ..2ft intervals?

Okay. Stay with me here. Go to the glove box in your wife's car. Open the glove box. There should be a small item in there about 3/4" thick and filled with pages. This is called the User's Manual. Open to the page that has a lot of lines, dots and numbers and find the item that says something like "Rear Camera." There will be a number next to that. Find the corresponding number on the bottom of one of the pages. If you read the words on that page, it will explain to you what those lines are for.

Good luck. Let us know what you find out.

1332625258[/url]' post='2421207']

Okay. Stay with me here. Go to the glove box in your wife's car. Open the glove box. There should be a small item in there about 3/4" thick and filled with pages. This is called the User's Manual. Open to the page that has a lot of lines, dots and numbers and find the item that says something like "Rear Camera." There will be a number next to that. Find the corresponding number on the bottom of one of the pages. If you read the words on that page, it will explain to you what those lines are for.

Good luck. Let us know what you find out.

So.. now I'm supposed to read a book while I'm backing up? How is that any safer than talking on my cell phone or drinking a beer while I back up. I just don't get it.

So.. now I'm supposed to read a book while I'm backing up? How is that any safer than talking on my cell phone or drinking a beer while I back up. I just don't get it.

Backing up--Coors light.

Going forward--Guiness, or Canadian version of Molsen.