Malia and Posse's Excellent Mexican Vacation

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/first-daughters-spring-break-is-not-news-until-earthquake-strikes_b117130

In the big picture it can't be alot of money, but it sure shows alot of arrogance.

You. Me. But I think it's that way for every president with children. Jenna and Barbara Bush took a couple of European vacations and had Secret Service along. Chelsea Clinton went to Sidwell Friends school in DC and if I remember correctly the school went to France on some kind of rich people field day where she was accompanied by Secret Service agents.

I'm not sure that this is anomalous.

I have no problem with the "expense", these agents would be paid whether they are in DC or Mexico.....I'm sure there is some additional cost, but not enough to get excited about.

However, the hypocrisy of warning Americans not to travel to a certain country and then a few weeks later sending your thirteen year old and her friends to the same place, because you have a small army of bodyguards is laughable.

Even after three years, Mr. Obama continues to demonstrate his complete lack of executive skills. You have to laugh when the dems accuse Romney of being elitist, when our ivy league "community organizer" shows time and time again that he doesn't, and never will, understand middle America.

Even after three years, Mr. Obama continues to demonstrate his complete lack of executive skills. You have to laugh when the dems accuse Romney of being elitist, when our ivy league "community organizer" shows time and time again that he doesn't, and never will, understand middle America.

Tough to understand Middle American when you have never had an actual job your entire life.

I'm sure there is some additional cost, but not enough to get excited about.

Just a drop in the bucket? :thumbdown:

Any additional cost for something like this or date night should be reimbursed by PoTUS/FLoTUS (and not the party)

Why does a 13 year old need a Mexican vacation? Or any vacation for that matter.

Not just the President's 13 year old, any 13 year old?

Well duh, because her friends are going.

You. Me. But I think it's that way for every president with children. Jenna and Barbara Bush took a couple of European vacations and had Secret Service along. Chelsea Clinton went to Sidwell Friends school in DC and if I remember correctly the school went to France on some kind of rich people field day where she was accompanied by Secret Service agents.

I'm not sure that this is anomalous.

The kid is 13 years old. Spring break? In Mexico? 1.3 trillion dollar deficit. Total different situation than the twins or Chelsea. Are you guys in D.C. that work for the government so insulated from the rest of this country that you couldn't see how this would be viewed by Joe the Plumber and family?

Oh come on guys remember when we were 13 and all the rage was to go on a vacation with your friends to Mexico?

Yeah, neither do I?

I could see if it was a family vacation. That I would have no problem with. As kids we went to summer camp at Silver Lake and loved it.

And I'm guessing he didn't have to pay back any student loans to get that Harvard degree.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/postman-ayers-family-put-foreigner-obama-through-school/

Maybe this is how his education was paid for?

I doubt it. Much more plausible that Obama didn't need many student loans since the grandmother (the white one) of this man of the people was a wealthy bank VP.

I doubt it. Much more plausible that Obama didn't need many student loans since the grandmother (the white one) of this man of the people was a wealthy bank VP.

Are you telling me that you don't trust the word of a postman?

WTF is wrong with people? There are far bigger things to worry about Obama than harp on the cost of Secret Service accompanying the daughters. This is insane, she's there on a school trip. Get over it. Focus on the real big picture, not the asinine distractions.

WTF is wrong with people? There are far bigger things to worry about Obama than harp on the cost of Secret Service accompanying the daughters. This is insane, she's there on a school trip. Get over it. Focus on the real big picture, not the asinine distractions.

/thread.

It was a school trip? I guess I should have read the article first. :oops:

If it is a school trip then it's a totally different thing. My understanding is that it was Malia and a dozen friends. I wouldn't have started this thread if that was the case. She's certainly entitled to a childhood. GG, how do you know it's a school trip?

It was a school trip? I guess I should have read the article first. :oops:

From AP:

"U.S. President Barack Obama's oldest daughter, Malia, was reported safe while on vacation with a school group in Oaxaca. "

If it is a school trip then it's a totally different thing. My understanding is that it was Malia and a dozen friends. I wouldn't have started this thread if that was the case. She's certainly entitled to a childhood. GG, how do you know it's a school trip?

Why should it matter? Are first children supposed to hide in a cocoon for the tenure of their parent's term? There are a few things that are a given - Secret Service protection for First Family, and then lifetime protection after office. I have no problem with that. There are far bigger fish to fry.

From AP:

"U.S. President Barack Obama's oldest daughter, Malia, was reported safe while on vacation with a school group in Oaxaca. "

Why should it matter? Are first children supposed to hide in a cocoon for the tenure of their parent's term? There are a few things that are a given - Secret Service protection for First Family, and then lifetime protection after office. I have no problem with that. There are far bigger fish to fry.

I have zero issue with the Secret Service. My point was with the kids "jetting off" with friends for spring break in Mexico at the age of 13. But if it was a school trip that's different. But what's with kids taking those kinds of trips these days. I have friends whose kids have got to France, England, Ireland for school trips. We went to the Buffalo Zoo or Letchworth and loved it! :lol:

And mom couldn't help her daughter when she was dying of cancer and the insurance companies kicked her onto the street?

From AP:

It really shouldn't matter. Secret Service protection comes with the territory & harping on this is petty.

That being said, it's hard to escape the irony of a President preaching restraint and decrying the excessive indulgence of the 1% sending his 13 yr old on an international jaunt for spring break.