Bills could realistically get Kalil

Sarcastic or serious....it matters not.

Wait until 4 weeks from now....and it's the, literally, 200th "we should/could/would trade up/down" thread. Wait until 8-10 weeks from now, and we get the fun of reading the 200th "we could have/should have/would have traded up/down" thread.

The only reason it won't be the 400th, is because of "jerks" like me. :lol:

not sarcastic, I appreciate anyone who fights the good fight to stop the posts like this

not sarcastic, I appreciate anyone who fights the good fight to stop the posts like this

Fact: Griffin just went to the Redskins.

Fact: Winfield is 34 years old.

Fact: Cook is following Chris Brown's guide to dating women.

Fact: The Vikings have a huge need at CB.

It's a shame watching a couple of Bills fans acting like such morons. If you two are so offended when a Buffalo Bills fan lets other Buffalo Bills fans know on a Buffalo Bills team message board that Kalil might fall enough for the Bills to trade up for a 3rd or perhaps more, maybe it's time to hang it up here. At the very least, you two should stop embarrassing yourselves by showing such contempt for draft discussion on an NFL team message board. Buddy Nix would have traded up for RGIII at the right price and depending on where Kalil fell, he would do the same for a LT prospect of his stature. If you don't believe that then both of you are beyond stupid.

Fact: Griffin just went to the Redskins.

Fact: Winfield is 34 years old.

Fact: Cook is following Chris Brown's guide to dating women.

Fact: The Vikings have a huge need at CB.

It's a shame watching a couple of Bills fans acting like such morons. If you two are so offended when a Buffalo Bills fan lets other Buffalo Bills fans know on a Buffalo Bills team message board that Kalil might fall enough for the Bills to trade up for a 3rd or perhaps more, maybe it's time to hang it up here. At the very least, you two should stop embarrassing yourselves by showing such contempt for draft discussion on an NFL team message board. Buddy Nix would have traded up for RGIII at the right price and depending on where Kalil fell, he would do the same for a LT prospect of his stature. If you don't believe that then both of you are beyond stupid.

Link?

From every presser I've heard or seen of Buddy, he has said on numerous occasions he doesn't like trading up. He doesn't like giving up picks, he covets picks to much and is completely happy with taking BPA.

Now, he hasn't said anything really about trading down or not.

Point is posters like OCinBuffalo are sick of seeing threads like this, especially when Buddy says what he says.

Link?

From every presser I've heard or seen of Buddy, he has said on numerous occasions he doesn't like trading up. He doesn't like giving up picks, he covets picks to much and is completely happy with taking BPA.

Point is posters like OCinBuffalo are sick of seeing threads like this, especially when Buddy says what he says.

Wouldn't it be logical to trade up for a LT is he fell if it were for the right price? If he would have traded up for RGIII, then it stands to reason that he'd trade up for another player they coveted.

The NFL draft is a very fluid thing. There are no "we'd never do this" in a draft no matter what the GM says. If fans don't want to read discussions on potential draft trades then either find something else to do or just move on to another thread.

If Minny takes Claiborne and Kalil falls to #5, the Bills could realistically trade up ahead of the Rams for Kalil...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/20/vikings-hint-they-prefer-morris-claiborne-to-matt-kalil/

http://www.gbnreport.com/2012projection.html

Trading up for a LT is idiotic, especially with the value placed on top-five picks these days. It's not a "safe" pick- Kalil could easily bust- just look at some of the recent top-ten picks at the position. Guys like Andre Smith, Jason Smith, and Anthony Davis are cautionary examples. That's not to mention the fact that most playoff teams didn't get their LT early on, but instead later in the draft (often mid-to-late first round picks). How are Joe Thomas of the Browns and Jake Long of the Dolphins- often considered to be the best at their positions- doing these days? Drafting an LT early is a mistake; trading up for one is even more foolish.

Trading up for a LT is idiotic, especially with the value placed on top-five picks these days. It's not a "safe" pick- Kalil could easily bust- just look at some of the recent top-ten picks at the position. Guys like Andre Smith, Jason Smith, and Anthony Davis are cautionary examples. That's not to mention the fact that most playoff teams didn't get their LT early on, but instead later in the draft (often mid-to-late first round picks). How are Joe Thomas of the Browns and Jake Long of the Dolphins- often considered to be the best at their positions- doing these days? Drafting an LT early is a mistake; trading up for one is even more foolish.

While he may not become a pro bowl "franchise" LT, it does seem likely that he'd at least be a very solid starter at one of the most important positions on an NFL team.

I don't like where the Bills are positioned in this draft at all. Other than Melvin Ingram, I honestly don't see a player I'd like to take at #10 if the draft falls the way everyone expects it to.

So if Kalil started to fall a few spots, I'd wouldn't mind the Bills making the move if the price were right.

Link?

If you guys are sick of seeing threads like this then don't read them. You know they are coming, especially this time of year. Just ignore them.

Here is how it could definitely work out:

1. Indiannapolis - Luck - LOCK

2. Washington - RGIII - LOCK

3. Minnesota - Claiborne

4. Cleveland - Trent Richardson (they WILL draft an offensive skill position player)

5. Tampa Bay - TRADE with Miami who selects Tannehill

6. St. Louis - Blackmon (he is the guy they've wanted all along)

7. Jacksonville - TRADE with Buffalo who selects Kalil

We'd only have to move up 3 spots and YES, it would be worth it in order to acquire the best LT prospect in the draft and the only blue-chip left on the board.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Here is how it could definitely work out:

1. Indiannapolis - Luck - LOCK

2. Washington - RGIII - LOCK

3. Minnesota - Claiborne

4. Cleveland - Trent Richardson (they WILL draft an offensive skill position player)

5. Tampa Bay - TRADE with Miami who selects Tannehill

6. St. Louis - Blackmon (he is the guy they've wanted all along)

7. Jacksonville - TRADE with Buffalo who selects Kalil

We'd only have to move up 3 spots and YES, it would be worth it in order to acquire the best LT prospect in the draft and the only blue-chip left on the board.

Hey pal, didn't you get the memo!? We're not allowed to talk trade possibilities here at TSW. Also...what Buddy says is gospel, the Vikings clearly are blowing smoke, and while we're at it, this guy is an idiot too...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Mock-Draft-50-7915.html

what Buddy says is gospel,

Well, hasn't it been so far? We can only base what we "know" on what we....know.

the Vikings clearly are blowing smoke, and while we're at it, this guy is an idiot too...

http://www.nationalf...ft-50-7915.html

Again, you are missing the fundamental point I am making.

Everything is possible.

But, we need to be wiser and start considering the source....of the source. How do you think the "inside" information is procured? It is always the cab driver? Or, is it more often than not a GM, or one of his employees, purposely releasing info, because they know that a wanna-be Adam Schefter is looking to make a name for themselves?

Is this concept really that hard to understand? I don't want to tell anybody they can't post about trades....but back it up with reason, and something besides a F'ing tweet from a "reporter" nobody knows.

Well, hasn't it been so far? We can only base what we "know" on what we....know.

Again, you are missing the fundamental point I am making.

Everything is possible.

But, we need to be wiser and start considering the source....of the source. How do you think the "inside" information is procured? It is always the cab driver? Or, is it more often than not a GM, or one of his employees, purposely releasing info, because they know that a wanna-be Adam Schefter is looking to make a name for themselves?

Is this concept really that hard to understand? I don't want to tell anybody they can't post about trades....but back it up with reason, and something besides a F'ing tweet from a "reporter" nobody knows.

You're acting like an arrogant you know what. The Vikings are going to send out a bunch of messages out there for the simple reason that could get a team to trade up for the #3 pick.

However, logic says no one will give the Vikings an extra high pick for the opportunity to draft a player named Luck or RGIII. So they're probably staying at the pick and there are more than a few reasons to think that they would choose Claiborne over Kalil.

http://blog.vikings.com/2012/03/21/claiborne-over-kalil-talk-heats-up-around-vikings/

I did give you the facts earlier in this thread. Is the concept of the Vikings picking Claiborne (the better player btw) really that hard to understand?

You're acting like an arrogant you know what. The Vikings are going to send out a bunch of messages out there for the simple reason that could get a team to trade up for the #3 pick.

However, logic says no one will give the Vikings an extra high pick for the opportunity to draft a player named Luck or RGIII. So they're probably staying at the pick and there are more than a few reasons to think that they would choose Claiborne over Kalil.

http://blog.vikings....around-vikings/

I did give you the facts earlier in this thread. Is the concept of the Vikings picking Claiborne (the better player btw) really that hard to understand?

I love when I am right, tell people the truth, and they call me arrogant for it.

It's the last defense of the wrong, and it's typically a good indicator that I am hitting it squarely.

I have news. No amount of calling me names negates the reality, or the logic in my sig, that now confronts you.

You are still struggling with that logic.

This is not about one possible scenario or another....did you also call Tebow to the Jets? Well, why not? That was possible, wasn't it?

No. This is about me attempting to prevent dolts from reading and posting every single unfounded rumor/purposely planted rumor, basing an entire scenario on nothing but that, setting expectations for the FO based on that scenario, and then crying in 3 newly created threads per week, or per day, that "the Bills could have traded up for Kalil".

I love when I am right, tell people the truth, and they call me arrogant for it.

It's the last defense of the wrong, and it's typically a good indicator that I am hitting it squarely.

I have news. No amount of calling me names negates the reality, or the logic in my sig, that now confronts you.

You are still struggling with that logic.

This is not about one possible scenario or another....did you also call Tebow to the Jets? Well, why not? That was possible, wasn't it?

No. This is about me attempting to prevent dolts from reading and posting every single unfounded rumor/purposely planted rumor, basing an entire scenario on nothing but that, setting expectations for the FO based on that scenario, and then crying in 3 newly created threads per week, or per day, that "the Bills could have traded up for Kalil".

How does it feel to be the Paul Blart of TSW?

Another terrible thread. What part of "we are not in the business of trading up" did you not understand when Buddy said it years and and then proceeded to repeat every time asked about it.

If he falls to us, outstanding. Glad to have him part of the team...But it isn't going to happen.

Buddy was right in the press conference and The Senator was kind enough to put in this thread.

"Murph...Ah don't know if all you guys don't believe us when we tell ya sumthin'...or if you're just not listenin'!"

The thing about trade proposals, is, what's to preclude some other team from offering more than the Bills to move up to that same slot? We're not the only horse in the race. Any team in a high slot needs to do due diligence, in creating a bidding war for an asset they wish to move. You'd be mad if the Bills didn't do the same (and some people believe they don't).

Another terrible thread. What part of "we are not in the business of trading up" did you not understand when Buddy said it years and and then proceeded to repeat every time asked about it.

What part of "we're not big players in free agency, we prefer to build through the draft" did Nix not understand this offseason? It's a more aggressive approach this year and we should not rule out a more aggressive draft strategy, such as trading up.

How does it feel to be the Paul Blart of TSW?

More name calling.....doing nothing....while....

more and more posts above calling this thread what it is.

Do you think you are winning, there Charlie Sheen?

What part of "we're not big players in free agency, we prefer to build through the draft" did Nix not understand this offseason? It's a more aggressive approach this year and we should not rule out a more aggressive draft strategy, such as trading up.

He specifically says that "In years past, we either didn't like the FA guys, they didn't fit, or they were on the downside of their careers, so we didn't make the moves based on who was available."

Approach has nothing to do with it. They weren't gonna throw money at people, just so fans could say "we won in FA", like we did with the O line clowns Dockery etc. Because we are not the idiot Redskins or idiot Jets, we didn't have to make this mistake over and over and not learn from it.

This is based on who was available and they kind of players they are, situation they were in. The Ralph is Cheap mantra is silly, and always has been....another thing Buddy specifically said in the Williams press conference.

If you're going to post things in an open forum and quote someone, it would at least be intelligent to listen to all his interviews. They quoted that to him verbatim at the last presser and he said "the reason we're going into free agency now is because there were guys that we like that are out there. There's been some guys that didn't fit that were out there...older guys, but that's not the market we're in."

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/#?id=7d6939e3-9ebf-40be-9066-c00c3be48543

Here, please scroll to 2:03. Or, how about this

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/#?id=1767124a-d9da-425e-a590-cf44c13d7125

1:42

You guys never listen or you don't believe what we say anyway. We've always said if there is a guy there that will make a difference, we'll be aggressive and go after the guy

Now please tell me how his words coming out of his mouth are not what he means.

Edited by ndirish1978