Bills could realistically get Kalil

Read the first comment....under your first link....bingo!

Perhaps I should put my avatar back to "beware of people running with scissors" sign? :D

Edit: I think I shall.

Sorry, I don't get the smokescreen aspect. Luck and RGIII are going #1, #2. Minny picks #3.

A smokescreen is when a team tries to fool another team to jump ahead to take the player they were talking up, therefore pushing the player they really want towards them.

Sorry, I don't get the smokescreen aspect. Luck and RGIII are going #1, #2. Minny picks #3.

A smokescreen is when a team tries to fool another team to jump ahead to take the player they were talking up, therefore pushing the player they really want towards them.

Or, for example, if Minnesota wants Kalil, but saw the massive haul that the Rams brought in by dangling the #2 pick and believe that they can accumulate more picks and still get the guy they want, they might float the idea that they really like Claiborne and will take him if they don't get a better offer to move down.

Then, you might see a team like St. Louis, with all those extra picks, think to themselves: "we really like Blackmon, and can move ahead of Cleveland to get him". Or a team like Tampa might say: "with Talib likely headed for a suspension, we needClaiborne...we may have to blow Minnesota away with an offer".

Just remember that--at this time of year--everything GM's say must be taken with a grain of salt.

Hmm. Then, your next assignment is to read the last 3 paras of your first link...

...where they spell it out for you.

Not much on guile, are you? Nothing wrong with that, mind you. It's just that this is the beginning of a very long 6 week process of reading "we could have traded up/down/sideways" nonsensical posts. And, where far too many posters buy into the crap that is started by other teams(cough, Redskins, cough, Cowboys) and propagated by their tamed media, in a lamedick attempt to tamper with the process and/or gain advantage.

This year I decided to get an early jump on the well-intentioned, but emotion-driven, "based on some reporters? tweet/article/blog who prints what he is told or else he risks being cut off from access to team" posts.

Hmm. Then, your next assignment is to read the last 3 paras of your first link...

...where they spell it out for you.

Not much on guile, are you? Nothing wrong with that, mind you. It's just that this is the beginning of a very long 6 week process of reading "we could have traded up/down/sideways" nonsensical posts. And, where far too many posters buy into the crap that is started by other teams(cough, Redskins, cough, Cowboys) and propagated by their tamed media, in a lamedick attempt to tamper with the process and/or gain advantage.

This year I decided to get an early jump on the well-intentioned, but emotion-driven, "based on some reporters? tweet/article/blog who prints what he is told or else he risks being cut off from access to team" posts.

Do you find it hard to not be a jerk? I think both you and the site are wrongly reading into that comment.

The Vikings could be simply letting their fan base know that they may not take Kalil after all. They want their fans excited about whichever elite player they will take, be it Claiborne or Kalil.

No one is giving a boat load of picks for any player not named Luck or RGIII.

Do you find it hard to not be a jerk? I think both you and the site are wrongly reading into that comment.

The Vikings could be simply letting their fan base know that they may not take Kalil after all. They want their fans excited about whichever elite player they will take, be it Claiborne or Kalil.

No one is giving a boat load of picks for any player not named Luck or RGIII.

Yeah....you're the one not reading your own posts, but I'm the jerk?

Buddy as I said in the other thread, don't take it personally. This is merely an attempt to nip this crap in the bud. What you are saying isn't completely out of the realm of possibility, but, at this time of year....NOTHING is. That doesn't mean we should take piece of shoddy journalism, not even read it, and then post it here, just because it remotely has something to do with the Bills or is remotely possible.

I try....to save you...from yourselves.

I would LOVE to see us get Kalil, but I don't see that happening. He will go in first five picks, and I suspect it will be too expensive to move up to five to get him. I'd be surprised but delighted if somehow we get him with a reasonable (REASONABLE!) trade up scenario. He's going to be something special.

Or, for example, if Minnesota wants Kalil, but saw the massive haul that the Rams brought in by dangling the #2 pick and believe that they can accumulate more picks and still get the guy they want, they might float the idea that they really like Claiborne and will take him if they don't get a better offer to move down.

Then, you might see a team like St. Louis, with all those extra picks, think to themselves: "we really like Blackmon, and can move ahead of Cleveland to get him". Or a team like Tampa might say: "with Talib likely headed for a suspension, we needClaiborne...we may have to blow Minnesota away with an offer".

Just remember that--at this time of year--everything GM's say must be taken with a grain of salt.

Exactly; they are just hoping to get one of the teams behind them to panic and give up an extra pick. I think TB wants Claiborne and the Rams want Blackmon so they might just get nervous enough to jump up a couple slots.

what if the vikings did pass on him? IF that were to happen I think he free falls to us. The Rams aren't gonna take another tackle that high in the draft imo. From there unless another team trades up from behind us he could be ours. stranger things have happened.

I would LOVE to see us get Kalil, but I don't see that happening. He will go in first five picks, and I suspect it will be too expensive to move up to five to get him. I'd be surprised but delighted if somehow we get him with a reasonable (REASONABLE!) trade up scenario. He's going to be something special.

If the Vikings pick Claiborne, and that's who Tampa wanted, and Tampa's second guy is Richardson...then perhaps the Bills could move up five spots for their 3rd and Tampa still could get Richardson. Maybe the Bills add in one of their fourths or fifths. That is totally within the realm of possibilities. Anyone remember Tim Tebow lighting up that secondary?

There was no way the Bills were moving from their #3 pick and I don't see the Vikings doing that either and risk losing out on either Claiborne or Kalil.

I'm not referring to you of course, but I don't get the nastiness. We're all Bills fans and things are looking up. Thanks for being respectful, it's too bad everyone isn't that way.

How many times must it be said that Buddy will not trade up? We are not getting Kalil.

I agree, this is a long shot. If it is to entice teams to trade up, the Bills won't pull the trigger. Got to be thinking of offensive lineman besides Kalil.

OCinBuffalo is my personal hero for the day

Sarcastic or serious....it matters not.

Wait until 4 weeks from now....and it's the, literally, 200th "we should/could/would trade up/down" thread. Wait until 8-10 weeks from now, and we get the fun of reading the 200th "we could have/should have/would have traded up/down" thread.

The only reason it won't be the 400th, is because of "jerks" like me. :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo