(OT) The Beatles - The Capitol Albums Vol. 1

Mark VI

The Beatles first 4 albums from 1964-65. (Meet The Beatles, The Beatles Second Album, Something New, Beatles'65) Each CD comes in the mini replica LP jacket, with the original front and back. They play each album through twice, with the mono and stereo versions of many songs. Nice booklet loaded with pictures and stories.

Growing up in the 60's with older siblings, the Beatles albums were always playing in my house. For the older folk who can relate to those memories, I can't tell you how good this CD collection is. My sister, who owns every Beatles album, bought me this.

Great music. :o

The Beatles first 4 albums from 1964-65. (Meet The Beatles, The Beatles Second Album, Something New, Beatles'65) Each CD comes in the mini replica LP jacket, with the original front and back. They play each album through twice, with the mono and stereo versions of many songs. Nice booklet loaded with pictures and stories.

Growing up in the 60's with older siblings, the Beatles albums were always playing in my house. For the older folk who can relate to those memories, I can't tell you how good this CD collection is. My sister, who owns every Beatles album, bought me this.

Great music.  :o

181739[/snapback]

Great gift!! I was in High School from 65-69. The music of the era was one of the highlights of growing up.

Jim

Great music.  :(

181739[/snapback]

I remember playing my Beatle 45's when I was a kid, great music. I play the Beatles for my little ones often.

My brother got the same gift Mark, good stuff. :o

Signed:

Rocky Raccoon :w00t:

In a somewhat similar vain, wifey got me "The Sinatra Treasures." It was put out by the Sinatra family, and in addition to a CD with some special songs and conversations, it's full of replicas of mementos that Francis Albert had kept. Rat Pack flyers from Vegas, classic photos, all protected within the confines of the book.

While it was clearly the Sinatras making a run for the money, they did it with class, style and with a lot of cool stuff a Frankophile like myself would truly appreciate. An amazing gift.

I have the Beatles Anthology series but I forget to put this on my x-mas list. I am also a huge Beatles fan, my mom tells me I used to listen to her albums when I was 3. I will most definetly pick this cd set up this weekend as present to myself for the Bills making the playoffs! :lol:

I too also picked up the Capitol Albums box set. "Meet The Beatles" was the first album I owned at age 9, and I am particularly fond of the running order and flow of the songs on this album. Whereas Capitol has often been accused of "butchering" the artistic intentions of the Beatles, I think they made the right decisions on this one in particular.

As long as we're on a Beatles topic, here are some videos for your enjoyment:

Beatles - Help! (from Ed Sullivan Show)

Beatles - I Feel Fine (anim video)

Beatles - Revolution

Beatles - All You Need Is Love ("colorized" Anthology version)

Beatles - Two Of Us (This is a "new" music video - and it is awesome!)

Video - The Beatles record Let It Be

If you have trouble with the last two, try copying the URL, then open a new browser window, and paste in the new window. It's worth it....

I think it' only between $25 and $30.  My sister and wife were with me Christmas shopping last month and caught me gushing over it.  :lol:

182654[/snapback]

Uh, I work part-time in a record store....try list price of 69.99 (outrageous for a 4 cd set) can likely get it on sale for about 54.99...maybe cheaper somewhere on-line....your sister loves you Mark!

I love the Beatles too, have all the cd's, and all the American albums on vinyl. It bummed me out when Capitol released the British versions, way back. "Beatles '65" and "Beatles VI" were always my favorites. I think "Beatles VI" will be part of the second volume....

"Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream....."

(Tomorrow Never Knows - REVOLVER))

One of my all time favorite Beatle tunes.....but then there are so many that I still can listen to over and over to this very day.

Listening to it right now....

Darn memorable vids....Christ, I'll have to dig out my Complete Beatles VHS tape now.........

Ah, the memories....

"Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream....."

(Tomorrow Never Knows - REVOLVER))

One of my all time favorite Beatle tunes.....but then there are so many that I still can listen to over and over to this very day.

Listening to it right now....

183357[/snapback]

Here's an interesting animated video of "Tomorrow Never Knows." Very cool!

Beatles Video - Tomorrow Never Knows

Go Bills!!!!!!!

I actually got a set of Todd McFarlane Beatles action figures for Christmas. Very cool, they are based on the animated Beatles from the old Saturday morning cartoon. I had never seen the cartoons before (only in pictures) until recently. Man, they were awful! The "story" lines were non-existent, the animation was cheap and poorly done, but the musice, of course, was great!