Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oops! I thought we were going over/under on how much his head weighs.

No, he was talking about the bounty that the New Black Panthers put on GZ's head. I wonder how the DOJ is coming with their investigation?

I find it amusing that so many people seem so desperate to defend Zimmerman. The truth of the matter is that none of this would have happened had he not decided to take the law into his own hands. Right or wrong, he got himself into the situation and someone died as a result. Blame will be determined by the courts and I'm fine with that. He's innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law, but he'll always be a moron in mine.

And the truth of the matter is none of this would have happened if Martin had just kept walking instead of turning around and assaulting Zimmerman. Both were idiots and both put themselves into the situation that ended up where it did. If you don't think they were both morons, I don't know what to tell you.

As for the humor aspect, I don't recall a national PR campaign by Zimmerman supporters trying to paint him as some doe-eyed 12 year old. Two idiots butting heads until one of them is dead happens every day in this country. What makes this case in particular ripe for amusement and scorn? Because of the laughable absurdity of the characterizations invented by the 'Trayvon' media and repeated by its fan-boy lemmings in this thread. "Hunted down" "If I had a son..." "Skittles" "White-hispanic" and the list goes on and on.

If Zimmerman goes to prison, it will only serve to validate the ignorance of the mob mentality and power of the media to lynch a person because it can bring ratings. No one will really give a sh-- about the man himself. But if he walks free, the hysteria from the self-serving hypocrites that jumped on this bandwagon will be a treat to watch. So yeah, that's what I'm rooting for.

And the truth of the matter is none of this would have happened if Martin had just kept walking instead of turning around and assaulting Zimmerman. Both were idiots and both put themselves into the situation that ended up where it did. If you don't think they were both morons, I don't know what to tell you.

As for the humor aspect, I don't recall a national PR campaign by Zimmerman supporters trying to paint him as some doe-eyed 12 year old. Two idiots butting heads until one of them is dead happens every day in this country. What makes this case in particular ripe for amusement and scorn? Because of the laughable absurdity of the characterizations invented by the 'Trayvon' media and repeated by its fan-boy lemmings in this thread. "Hunted down" "If I had a son..." "Skittles" "White-hispanic" and the list goes on and on.

If Zimmerman goes to prison, it will only serve to validate the ignorance of the mob mentality and power of the media to lynch a person because it can bring ratings. No one will really give a sh-- about the man himself. But if he walks free, the hysteria from the self-serving hypocrites that jumped on this bandwagon will be a treat to watch. So yeah, that's what I'm rooting for.

which is the scariest thing of all about this case. The media goes WAY too far with this kind of thing. Remember poor ol' Richard Jewell? God forbid anything like this happens to me or I get falsly accused of something that Nancy Grace finds interesting...

Simply put, you said Zimmerman made many mistakes that night. I asked you what they were.

He goes out on meaningless/powerless "neighborhood watch" packing heat, gets fixated on some kid who is staying there who was doing nothing, he was apparently projecting his anger over past break ins at him based on his phone call, and then gets out of the car at some point to pursue him with his gun. THere are others possible, some which may well have occurred, soem that did not... but we will never know for sure. But that right there is several negatives that happened.

Edited by SameOldBills

He goes out on meaningless/powerless "neighborhood watch" packing heat, gets fixated on some kid who is staying there who was doing nothing, he was apparently projecting his anger over past break ins at him based on his phone call, and then gets out of the car at some point to pursue him with his gun.

THere are others possible, some which may well have occurred, soem that did not... but we will never know for sure.

But that right there is several negatives that happened.

LOL

Same old, Same old.

a complete misstatement of what occurred that night.......................followed by a declaration of fact.

sadly typical.

He goes out on meaningless/powerless "neighborhood watch" packing heat, gets fixated on some kid who is staying there who was doing nothing, he was apparently projecting his anger over past break ins at him based on his phone call, and then gets out of the car at some point to pursue him with his gun. THere are others possible, some which may well have occurred, soem that did not... but we will never know for sure. But that right there is several negatives that happened.

Supposedley GZ left the house to go to the grocery store and noticed someone walking through the backyards of several units. He got out of his vehicle and called 911. The dispatcher asked for an address. He walked around front to look for one as the dispatcher advises him not to follow the person who turned out to be Martin. GZ heads back to his vehicle (obviously walking in a direction that gave no cause for Martin to be alarmed) and is confronted by Martin who had become an aggressor. We both know that a fight occured and Martin ended up getting shot while GZ's nose was broken and he had lacerations to the back of his head.

GZ was a Neighborhood Watch guy. Should he have ignored Martin as he was walking through backyards? Should he have left his weapon in his vehicle as he started to follow a suspicious character, knowing that there had been many burglaries in the area previously?

The only mistake I see GZ making here is that he let Martin get the jump on him.

LOL

Same old, Same old.

a complete misstatement of what occurred that night.......................followed by a declaration of fact.

sadly typical.

Maybe he wasn't "out on watch" but he certainly went into his dutiful watch-mode. Other than that, those things happened.

If you would like to ignore those facts and adopt the Zimmerman's account -the account of a man on trial for murder- as entirely fact...then be my guest.

Edited by SameOldBills

Maybe he wasn't "out on watch" but he certainly went into his dutiful watch-mode. Other than that, those things happened.

If you would like to ignore those facts and adopt the Zimmerman's account -the account of a man on trial for murder- as entirely fact...then be my guest.

Let's cross out/replace all the loaded, non-factual words, and see what we get...

He goes out on meaningless/powerless "neighborhood watch" packing heat carrying a gun, gets fixated on follows some kid who is staying there who was doing nothing, he was apparently projecting his anger over past break ins at him based on his phone call, and then gets out of the car at some point to pursue him with carrying his gun. THere are others possible, some which may well have occurred, soem that did not... but we will never know for sure. But that right there is several negatives that happened.

Y'know...that looks a LOT different when it's actually factual.

Let's cross out/replace all the loaded, non-factual words, and see what we get...

Two things. If I'm a Neighborhood Watch guy and I have a concealed weapons permit, if I see someone suspicious I'm gonna keep my eye on them and I sure as hell will keep my weapon.

How can any reasoned analysis of the most credible evidence available, the 911 tape, lead you to cross out the section that says he was associating past break ins, about which he was angry, with Trayvon?

How can any reasoned analysis of the most credible evidence available, the 911 tape, lead you to cross out the section that says he was associating past break ins, about which he was angry, with Trayvon?

The word "apparently". Which is generally taken to mean "seeming to be, but not necessarily so."

WTF is wrong with you? He saw a suspicious person, called 911 and complained about past burglaries in the area. He was smart enough to have a carry permit and to know when to use it. If i'm getting my head bashed against cement, and I have a gun, you're gonna stop.

WTF is wrong with you? He saw a suspicious person, called 911 and complained about past burglaries in the area. He was smart enough to have a carry permit and to know when to use it. If i'm getting my head bashed against cement, and I have a gun, you're gonna stop.

Actually, if you're getting your head bashed against cement, and you have a gun, I'm going to bash your head even harder before you have a chance to draw the damn gun.

Powerless? I thought he hunted down and executed Martin in cold blood?