Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

If you listen to fools, the mob rules...

True statement. I get the feeling that the trial is happening because of mob mentality, but I won't explode in a show of my faux outrage, because there is no way we know all the evidence. What we need to do, is take a step back, remember he is innocent until proven guilty and let the system do what it was put in place for. Our system isn't perfect by any means, but it has done admirably for a long time.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zimmerman gets bail and apologizes to Martin's family on the stand. And the first thing the Martin attorneys do is not keep their traps shut about it, but tell Zimmerman to take his apology and shove it.

Gotta keep the "rage" factor up, I guess. Sad though. Everything points to the fact that this man is contrite and sorry for what he did. Martin's family and their handlers better be careful or this may be the first case in history where the killer winds up being the good guy when all is said and done.

Zimmerman gets bail and apologizes to Martin's family on the stand. And the first thing the Martin attorneys do is not keep their traps shut about it, but tell Zimmerman to take his apology and shove it.

Gotta keep the "rage" factor up, I guess. Sad though. Everything points to the fact that this man is contrite and sorry for what he did. Martin's family and their handlers better be careful or this may be the first case in history where the killer winds up being the good guy when all is said and done.

April 29, 1992...

I'm fairly certain it's not "Sorry for what he did" as opposed to 'Sorry that the events transpired in such a way that he was forced to do what what he did.'

My dog and I were attacked and bitten by a pit bull last summer. If I had a gun I would've shot it (as it was, it was put down a few weeks later). And while I'm sorry that a dog had to die, because I truly love dogs... if it's down to me and mine versus ending something that has the potential to kill me quickly, that's an easy decision.

Not one that won't stay with you for the rest of your life... as Mr. Zimmerman's odd-ish recent behavior attests to. IMO he acted in the right, but it can steal your sleep and your life can still unravel. It was the happenstance of checking out a suspiciously-behaving person in your community that led to an altercation reportedly of the victim's initiation (as I've heard it, Mr. Zimmerman lost track and was returning home and then Mr. Martin doubled back behind a house and attacked). One properly-laid blow to the head can cripple or kill, as we well know from a game where players have the luxury of helmets.

Edited by UConn James

I did. Who got killed?

And, who was the good guy killer.

The point I was trying to make was that it is impossible for this Mr. Zimmerman to be considered a "good guy" no matter what the facts are. The example I gave referenced April 29, 1992 as what happens when people "see" a failure of justice to give them the answer they are looking for.

and there were 53 people killed, and over 2000 injured in the LA Riots of April 1992...

The point I was trying to make was that it is impossible for this Mr. Zimmerman to be considered a "good guy" no matter what the facts are. The example I gave referenced April 29, 1992 as what happens when people "see" a failure of justice to give them the answer they are looking for.

and there were 53 people killed, and over 2000 injured in the LA Riots of April 1992...

Look, I agree with that, but you posting just that date when it said when was the last time that a killer was turned into the good guy made no sense.

And, then giving me your condescending google it and get back to us crap is uncalled for. I know what happened - and King was not killed and I thought you were trying to say the cops were made out to be the good guys.

Posting a date is pretty vague.

Good article.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/04/20/Dershowitz-prosecution-immoral

Britbart News interviewing Professor Alan Dershowitz of Harvard Law School.

"I've had cases in Florida against prosecutors,” Dershowitz said, “and this is not the first time they have willfully omitted exculpatory evidence. It's a continuing problem. Here, it’s not only immoral, but stupid. The whole country is watching. What do they benefit from having half-truths in an affidavit?"

I take it back...you lose.

If Zimmerman continues to be contrite...if he lays out a strong case for why he did...and if he still gets a severe convicion....YET....riots STILL transpire and there is STILL calls for "justice" and the race card CONTINUES to be played even though this man has not shown to have a racist bone in his body, Zimmerman will be considered the good guy, so to speak in many, many precincts.

I dont think its was incumbent of the Martin family to accept his apology at the moment, mind you.

Look, I agree with that, but you posting just that date when it said when was the last time that a killer was turned into the good guy made no sense.

And, then giving me your condescending google it and get back to us crap is uncalled for. I know what happened - and King was not killed and I thought you were trying to say the cops were made out to be the good guys.

Posting a date is pretty vague.

Understood, however, I thought that everyone in America would have instantly recognized the largest scale riot/disturbance in American history, it's not as though I was referencing an insignificant date.

I realized immediately after I posted the second time that it may be misconstrued as condescending, which was not my intent, which is why I deleted the post.

My main point is in agreement with what someone else said earlier, that many people will not consider "justice" served unless the result is a conviction...

Understood, however, I thought that everyone in America would have instantly recognized the largest scale riot/disturbance in American history, it's not as though I was referencing an insignificant date.

I realized immediately after I posted the second time that it may be misconstrued as condescending, which was not my intent, which is why I deleted the post.

My main point is in agreement with what someone else said earlier, that many people will not consider "justice" served unless the result is a conviction...

I agree with you, and I knew what the date was. I thought you were making the opposite point, though.