fjl2nd

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poll:

My GF and I were talking about a conversation she had at work and one I had at work. A colleague of hers is ready to shoot ZimZam dead on sight. She told me his viewpoints and why - the guy is a former cop. Similarly I talked to a guy at work today who explained a similar premise.

I grew up in middle class white suburbia far away from the inner city, and all that. I exude that, as well. A colleague today told me I was not racist but just ignorant because I do not understand the struggles in the city. I do not understand street culture and how Trayvon was just doing what he knew. That the streets, thugs, cons, etc behave in ways I would know nothing about.

Is that racist? To me it is...being a white guy, all preppy, and not knowing the streets because I am white and preppy.

I think I understand why this guy is a FORMER cop.

well, even I. Your whirly girly pansy world, we can play this game. He went looking for trouble. Not illegal

He was attacked and assaulted illegally.

He chose to defend himself. Legal.

Logic does not become you. And, please, see Precious making her comments she believed TM would hit first.

Have you ever taken a class for a pistol permit? He violated one of the key lessons our trainer taught us

When you say 'literally," you mean "literally, not figuratively," right, Joe?. Can you specifically tell us what GZ literally did to go looking for trouble?

He, with a gun, confronted a person he was so suspicious of he had actually called the police on him. And who's gun created the the situation in which GZ had to kill? Hint, it wasn't the kid's gun Zimmerman had to defend HIMSELF from.

You still know nothing of the case and are acting like a true idiot. Let it go. You've already been suspended for being a schit for brains, so maybe you might want to learn something?

Hey shmohawk...

I know I'm always on your mind....but plz remove all ties from myself and this "gatorman"

If it was me I would use a cool screen name like skittleman or blacksaresuspiciousman or itskindaaboutraceman

the fear of skinny "cherubic" kids lives on...

Hey shmohawk...

I know I'm always on your mind....but plz remove all ties from myself and this "gatorman"

If it was me I would use a cool screen name like skittleman or blacksaresuspiciousman or itskindaaboutraceman

Yes, I am not you

Now THAT'S funny. :lol:

I'm glad you caught that :)

No, THAT'S funny. :lol:

In a sad way. Zimmerman claimed he had to kill the kid because he was going to take his gun--Zimmerman's gun. People have focused on how easily the wimp Zimmerman was over powered and totally dominated but in his video testimony to the police it was the fact that he felt he had lost control of his gun safety that created the deadly situation. Zimmerman created the deadly situation, not the kid. Idiots with guns get people killed.

Hey shmohawk...

Funny, I never named you, but you responded to my description of someone that was an obvious ass, and knowing it was you. Don't you feel it? Bye, and know you've been outed.

Funny, I never named you, but you responded to my description of someone that was an obvious ass, and knowing it was you. Don't you feel it? Bye, and know you've been outed.

Are you really this dumb ? You specifically stated its not dog it's our other grass cutting friend. And then Jboyst replied I don't think it's RLB.

Drink another one bud....maybe you can recollect yourself in the AM.

Outed myself? As a 35 year old straight white guy ? Who doesn't live in fear of teenagers ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

It's too bad that there isn't some type of "maturity" screen for replies like the one directly above....................................Oh well

Facing Facts about Race ....Young black males are at greater risk from their peers than from the police or white civilians.

By Victor Davis Hanson

Last week President Obama weighed in again on the Trayvon Martin episode. Sadly, most of what he said was wrong, both literally and ethically.

Pace the president, the Zimmerman case was not about Stand Your Ground laws. It was not a white-on-black episode. The shooting involved a Latino of mixed heritage in a violent altercation with a black youth.

Is it ethical for the president to weigh in on a civil-rights case apparently being examined by his own Justice Department? The president knows that if it is true that African-American males are viewed suspiciously, it is probably because statistically they commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime. If that were not true, they might well be given no more attention as supposed suspects than is accorded to white, Asian, or Latino youths. Had George Zimmerman been black, he would have been, statistically at least, more likely to have shot Trayvon Martin — and statistically likewise less likely to have been tried.

Barack Obama knows that if non-African-Americans were to cease all inordinate scrutiny of young African-American males, the latters’ inordinate crime rates would probably not be affected — given other causation for disproportionate incidences of criminality. Yet should their statistical crime profiles suddenly resemble those of other racial and ethnic groups, the so-called profiling would likely cease.

The president, I think, spoke out for three reasons:

1) He is an unbound, lame-duck president, with a ruined agenda, facing mounting ethical scandals; from now on, he will say things more consonant with being a community organizer than with being a nation’s president;

2) he knows the federal civil-rights case has little merit and cannot be pursued, and thus wanted to shore up his bona fides with an aggrieved black community; and

3) as with the ginned-up “assault-weapons ban” and the claim that Republicans are waging a “war on women,” Obama knows, as a community activist, that tension can mask culpability — in his case, the utter failure to address soaring unemployment in the inner city, epidemic black murder rates, the bankruptcy of Detroit, and the ways his failed economic policies disproportionately affect inner-city youth.

I was watching Morning Joe earlier today, and Tina Brown editor of The Daily Beast was asked if she thought it was a bit hypocritical for some musicians to boycott Florida because of the Stand your ground laws, when nearly half of the states in the US have similar laws, and she answered/evaded by saying that it was a form of protest, and then went on to say that the reaction and protests on behalf of Trayvon Martin have been somewhat muted, peaceful, and she appeared disappointed to me appeared to suggest that they haven't been as unruly as she had hoped.

Also, I'm sure someone probably has already posted this. http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/07/22/obama-co-sponsored-2004-bill-to-bolster-justified-force-law-80171 Apparently Obama co sponsored a Stand your ground Law in Illinois back in 2004.

I was watching Morning Joe earlier today, and Tina Brown editor of The Daily Beast was asked if she thought it was a bit hypocritical for some musicians to boycott Florida because of the Stand your ground laws, when nearly half of the states in the US have similar laws, and she answered/evaded by saying that it was a form of protest, and then went on to say that the reaction and protests on behalf of Trayvon Martin have been somewhat muted, peaceful, and she appeared disappointed to me appeared to suggest that they haven't been as unruly as she had hoped.

Also, I'm sure someone probably has already posted this. http://www.bizpacrev...force-law-80171 Apparently Obama co sponsored a Stand your ground Law in Illinois back in 2004.

After Stevie Wonder took his proud stand to never perform in a state that has SYG laws, someone pointed out that he just checked 30 states off his next tour. To be sure, Stevie Wonder never needs to tour again, but still...

In a sad way. Zimmerman claimed he had to kill the kid because he was going to take his gun--Zimmerman's gun. People have focused on how easily the wimp Zimmerman was over powered and totally dominated but in his video testimony to the police it was the fact that he felt he had lost control of his gun safety that created the deadly situation. Zimmerman created the deadly situation, not the kid. Idiots with guns get people killed.

Actually, in a crazy-stupid way, because it makes no !@#$ing sense whatsoever.

After Stevie Wonder took his proud stand to never perform in a state that has SYG laws, someone pointed out that he just checked 30 states off his next tour. To be sure, Stevie Wonder never needs to tour again, but still...

Who needs Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming anyway?

Actually, in a crazy-stupid way, because it makes no !@#$ing sense whatsoever.

I totally agree! As I was just stating what Zimmerman said and it did make no sense. Defending himself from his own gun. That's &*^*&( stupid indeed!