The Jets - Rams next week is HUUUUUUGE

While I think the Indy 2nd stringers can still play with the Bronks (just hand the ball to Rhodes and Mungro), there is a chance the Colts just go through the motions and end up losing. The definitely puts the onus on the Rams-Jets game, both teams playing for the post-season. We gotta hope Martin has an average day with Pennington throwing a couple of picks. A couple of weeks ago I would have said no way on Pennington folding in the clutch, but he's become such a whiney ass in his fight with the NY media that I don't know anymore.

I give the Bills, providing they beat the Steelers of course, a 50-50 chance of making the playoffs.

Let's Go Buffalo!

More Cowbell is huge.

If the Rams do beat the Jets and we beat the Steelers, look for the Colts to lay it into the Broncos. Indy does not want to play us, if the Jets lose and we win, Indy can avoid us by beating Denver, setting us up for a SD match-up witch I'm sure we'd all prefer.

That is the best case scenario, however, I still feel our chances at playoffs are still 50/50. Lets hope the coin flips our way.

I think the Rams betting the Jets in St. Louis now that they need the game for the playoffs and have Bulger back is a lot more likely than the Colts beating the Broncos in Denver with little to play for. I even think the Rams SHOULD beat the Jets. Because, well, with apologies to Buckeye Mike, NO-BODY CIRCLES THE DRAIN LIKE THE NEW YORK JETS!

I think the Rams betting the Jets in St. Louis now that they need the game for the playoffs and have Bulger back is a lot more likely than the Colts beating the Broncos in Denver with little to play for. I even think the Rams SHOULD beat the Jets. Because, well, with apologies to Buckeye Mike, NO-BODY CIRCLES THE DRAIN LIKE THE NEW YORK JETS!

181800[/snapback]

If the Rams are going to beat the Jets, they're going to have a play a whole helluva lot better than they played last night. Once Martz had the lead, he was simply trying to avoid losing it. No killer instinct at all. That type of performance, even at home, won't make it against a desperate Jets team.

But after watching the Pats suffer the single most embarrassing upset in the past five years against a hobbled 2-11 team, I guess anything is possible.

I see the Colts' starters planning on playing a half of the game. They'll use it as a gauge to see how they fare outside in harsh conditions in a hostile environment. If there's a lot of pressure on Manning, they'll probably pull him early, and if there is an injury to any player, they'll probably pull their starters early. I don't see them "going through the motions" because Dungy and Manning have been in this position (i.e. resting for the final game, only to have it bite you in the ass in the playoffs) and don't want it to happen again.

If the Rams are going to beat the Jets, they're going to have a play a whole helluva lot better than they played last night. Once Martz had the lead, he was simply trying to avoid losing it. No killer instinct at all. That type of performance, even at home, won't make it against a desperate Jets team.

But after watching the Pats suffer the single most embarrassing upset in the past five years against a hobbled 2-11 team, I guess anything is possible.

181811[/snapback]

Martz stinks, I agree. But you cannot compare the two games. That game was not nearly as close as the score. The Eagles did zero after that first drive. If they would have threatened, I think the Rams would have opened it up a little more. Jackson was running roughshod over them, but then he got hurt. I simply don't think they will play the same kind of game because it won't be the same kind of game.

Martz stinks, I agree. But you cannot compare the two games. That game was not nearly as close as the score. The Eagles did zero after that first drive. If they would have threatened, I think the Rams would have opened it up a little more. Jackson was running roughshod over them, but then he got hurt. I simply don't think they will play the same kind of game because it won't be the same kind of game.

181839[/snapback]

One can only hope. I wonder how bad Jackson got hurt? Any word? He looked pretty damn good last night.

More Cowbell is huge.

If the Rams do beat the Jets and we beat the Steelers, look for the Colts to lay it into the Broncos. Indy does not want to play us, if the Jets lose and we win, Indy can avoid us by beating Denver, setting us up for a SD match-up witch I'm sure we'd all prefer.

That is the best case scenario, however, I still feel our chances at playoffs are still 50/50. Lets hope the coin flips our way.

181727[/snapback]

Indy can avoid playing the Bills either way, assuming the Bills beat the Steelers. If the Rams win, Indy can avoid the Bills by beating the Broncos, sending the Bills to San Diego. If the Rams lose, Indy can keep the Bills out of the playoffs entirely by losing to Denver.

Of course, none of that probably enters their thinking anyway. I'm just worried that since Indy could face Denver two weeks in a row, they will play very vanilla this weekend in order to save everything for a possible playoff game against them.