Golf Stores

bradjames24

I'm going to the Sabres game on Sat and was wondering if anyone knew any good golf stores in the area. I know about Dick's Sporting Goods, but are there any hidden gems? I'm looking for a new driver, I'm not married to any particular brand, but hoping to find a good deal...sometimes you can get good deals at the smaller stores. Thanks!

I'm going to the Sabres game on Sat and was wondering if anyone knew any good golf stores in the area. I know about Dick's Sporting Goods, but are there any hidden gems? I'm looking for a new driver, I'm not married to any particular brand, but hoping to find a good deal...sometimes you can get good deals at the smaller stores. Thanks!

i don't know about stores in Buffalo but i'm a big fan of "off brand" custom made clubs. i have a set of Bang irons and Bang-o matic driver (actually a lot of low handicap players use them), 3 wood that were custom made by a guy in Wisconsin. you choose the length, grip, shaft, flex, face angle (for driver) and he makes em. there's plenyt of places that do this and can be found through google. mine were much less expensive than a set of big name clubs like ping or taylor made. if you don't know what would work best for you there are many places that will do a swing analysis for a reasonable price and you'll still be ahead on price. plus, the metal woods make a really cool sound when you hit them, hence the "Bang" name! check out the 539 yard drive

Edited by birdog1960

The nice thing about some of the bigger golf-only stores is the wide range of used clubs. Just like with technology toys, many golfers can't resist the newest version and will trade in very nice equipment after just a couple years. This is especially true with drivers. You can get the 2010 model that someone probably hit no more than 50 times for $99, or you can pay $400 (on sale for $349!!) for the brand new 2012 model.

I use Golf Galaxy in Amherst

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/new_york_stores.aspx

looks like a great place....$30 to fit a driver. best bang for your buck would be getting fitted and see if they had a used driver close to the fitting or have it modified (new grip, shaft) to fit you. a $100 driver that fits is much better than a $400 one that doesn't.