I want Michael Floyd

This guy is unstoppable! If it isn't this guy... I'd try my luck with Whitney Mercilus or Nick Perry. I'm not a fan of Coples.

In the second round I want OLB Lavonte David. Watch his tape - the dude is only 233 lbs but is quick, always near the ball and makes effortless tackles.

I didn't realize he was that big...he's growing on me for sure.

Also didn't know Mayock called ND games on NBC...I always enjoy listening to him.

I just don't see it with Floyd. He did well in college when he wasn't suspended for alcohol related problems (3x). He

played at a college that has to be within the top 10 in terms of ease of recruiting top level players.

I don't especially like his hands and I don't like WRs that high in the draft. There have been WAY too many WRs that

have busted taken high in round 1. Go ask Matt Millen what that did for his career.

I will admit that SOME outstanding WRs have been taken high in round 1, but I am not ready to compare Floyd to Calvin

Johnson or Andre Johnson.

My vote, so far is one of the following:

OT Riley Reiff

DE Melvin Ingram (yes, even with the Mario Williams signing)

LB Luke Kuechly (IF the Bills scouts think he can be an outstanding OLB).

DE Quinton Coples (ONLY IF the Bills' scouts can explain away his weak last season).

He's big, strong, ok hands because of his huge size, not particularly fast or evasive...doesn't run sharp routes.

His ceiling is KeyshawnAndre Johnson. Which if you look at his career stats, is not that impressive.

I don't think you're familiar with Michael Floyd so I edited your post to reflect reality. I hope you don't mind.

Floyd had better Combine numbers than AJ Green. There is no question that he is fast, and what does it matter why he has good hands. Plus he has a great statistical and on field performance resume at Nortre Dame.

Player	College	Height	Weight	Arm Length	Hand Length	40 Yard	Reps	Vertical	Shuttle	60 Yard	Cone	Broad Jump
Michael Floyd	Notre Dame	6'2 5/8	220	32 7/8	9 3/8"	4.47	16	36.5	-	-	-	10'2"
AJ Green	Georgia	 6'3 5/8	211	34 3/8	9 1/4	4.5	18	34.5				10'6

If he didn't have the DUI issues he would be a concusses Top5 pick.

This talent doesn't grow on trees.

If this pick happened. Everyone on this board would whine and moan about a pass rush but by Week 3 2013 most of the Stadium would be wearing Floyd jerseys.

He is a freak, if he can keep his drinking in check.

Almost getting kicked out of school might have opened up his eyes. Its up to Nix and GMs around the NFL to make that determination.

Talent wise, if he is there at #10, he would be hands down the Best Player Available. Wouldn't even be a close second place, talent wise.

It comes down to whether he can keep his DUIs in check.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Based on what I see on the field, I'm all in on Floyd. If Nix/Whaley/Gailey/et al decide his off the field issues, maturity, and health are acceptable then I trust them. I wonder if he's fully committed to learning the craft of NFL WR. Nix and Gailey seem to have consistently targeted players that truly love the game and have leadership qualities in the draft, FA, and in the roster players they elected to keep.

I do like this paragraph from CBS Sports' NFL Draft Countdown report--- it sounds like the perfect fit for our offense:

Route running: Needs to tighten up his routes, but has the quick feet and balance to cut or come back to the ball. Should excel in a West Coast or timing-type of offense. Lined up at every receiver position to take advantage of the best matchup. Solid threat on slants, shallow crosses and in the red zone.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1633109