Alex Smith to Miami??

BRAWNDO

Alex Smith would be an upgrade for them, but certainly wouldn't be the kind of impact player Manning (or potentially Flynn) would be.

Alex Smith would be an upgrade for everyone in the division except The Pats. I think you are kidding yourself if you value Fitz over Alex Smith. The guy was set up to fail the first part of his career and played VERY well with proper coaching.

I think you guys are all missing the fact that he was a #1 overall pick.. so he must be elite.. duh. :ph34r:

Surprised the Bills aren't going after him trying to accumulate back to back #1 overall picks.. We could have the #1's from 2005 and 2006.. :pirate:

Alex Smith would be an upgrade for everyone in the division except The Pats. I think you are kidding yourself if you value Fitz over Alex Smith. The guy was set up to fail the first part of his career and played VERY well with proper coaching.

I would say it would be even between Fitz and A.Smith, good move for the Fins to get a pretty good QB.

Maybe, maybe not.

It's tough to compare Fitzpatrick and Smith because of the body of their work. Smith has played one good season--last year--but he basically was asked to not turn the ball over and throw for 150-200 yards per game. Fitz has been mostly a career back-up, and when he played last year, was asked to shoulder the offense with a pass-heavy game (his ypg average was much higher than Smith's). He looked great at first, but then faded, but maybe due to injury.

All of this is to say that I'm not sure anyone can say for certain whether Smith or Fitz is better. But what everyone can, in fact, say is that Manning is a lot better than Smith, and I'd rather see the Fins get Smith than Manning.

And Grossman beat Eli and eventual superbowl champion Giant twice last season, you point is? Grossman > Eli?

I think point is that the Fins beat the Bills good with Matt Moore as QB. I.e., it didn't seem to matter who their QB was.

Maybe, maybe not.

It's tough to compare Fitzpatrick and Smith because of the body of their work. Smith has played one good season--last year--but he basically was asked to not turn the ball over and throw for 150-200 yards per game. Fitz has been mostly a career back-up, and when he played last year, was asked to shoulder the offense with a pass-heavy game (his ypg average was much higher than Smith's). He looked great at first, but then faded, but maybe due to injury.

All of this is to say that I'm not sure anyone can say for certain whether Smith or Fitz is better. But what everyone can, in fact, say is that Manning is a lot better than Smith, and I'd rather see the Fins get Smith than Manning.

Guess I'd agree with that summation. I made my comments based on seeing Smith in the playoffs, not knowing his stats. I can't believe he only had 17 TDs.