Bob Kraft Comments

mabden

He is not exactly wrong. If a team is more than one player a way from being good then spending your nut on one player is foolish. Obviously Buddy and company feel that we are a lot closer to being a playoff caliber roster than the media and Mr. Kraft think. This was a huge "all in" bet by the Buffalo front office and props to them for having the balls to pull it off. Someone is right and someone is wrong and we will all find out a few months from now.

Here is to hoping that Buddy's bet pays off in spades.

Yeah....he could be right ya know. Our pass rushing eggs are most def in one basket.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This coming from the organization that was so smart with the contracts they are in a mess welker. They could have signed him for less than the Bills gave stevie if they would have acted before FA started. Now that big money is being handed out to borderline bum receivers Welker is going to hold out for a lot more.

This coming from the organization that was so smart with the contracts they are in a mess welker. They could have signed him for less than the Bills gave stevie if they would have acted before FA started. Now that big money is being handed out to borderline bum receivers Welker is going to hold out for a lot more.

I bet they trade him before camp. They seem to have found his replacement already and they also got a deep thread in Lloyd. It seems like a pats* thing to do

Robert Kraft should just worry about his prom queen QB and be a professional. Owners shouldn't comment publicly on what other teams are doing with free-agency in a negative light, that's just corny. The worst thing is a grown ass man who can't embrace a challenge or an inc rease of competition. His team was caught cheating and hasn't won a Superbowl since. To be completely honest this just shows you that we're moving in the right direction. He's nervous about having to share the spotlight, it's not just the patriots anymore and he doesn't want to accept that. We aren't that far off from being a legitimate contender and he definitely know's that. We went balls out because we had to, we don't have the luxury of getting players to just come here like he has at this point. But at least we're not cheating to win!....GO BILLS!!!!

The New England Patriots have reached an agreement with free agent wide receiver Brandon Lloyd on a three-year, $12 million contract, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

How much will they pay Wes with his F Tag?

that Kraft Mac & Cheeze must be clogging the blood flow to his brain

and I've yet to see commentary on the Boston Herald with a review. All they have is a reprint ---- Visit The Buffalo News (Buffalo, N.Y.) at www.buffalonews.com

©2012 The Buffalo News (Buffalo, N.Y.) Distributed by MCT Information Services

-------------------------

Oh wait the Boston Glob has something While I'm not a huge fan of free agency -- big signings rarely lead to wins in January -- the Bills made a nice move today signing ex-Texans end Mario Williams, even if the price tag was a reported six-year, $100-million deal with $50 million guaranteed.

Rarely does a 27-year-old former No. 1 pick, who is a freak athlete at 6-feet-6-inches, 295 pounds with 4.70 speed in the 40-yard dash, come on the market without having to be a reclamation project.

The Bills can now start a defensive line of, from left to right, Chris Kelsay, Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams and Mario Williams, with Shawne Merriman in reserve (for now). That's a formidable group. Who do you double? Who do you single block if you're the Patriots? Is Nate Solder ready to face Williams? Maybe the Patriots are calling Matt Light to make sure he comes back.

Is it good enough to overtake the Patriots? We'll have to see if they have the right pieces when the season starts, but the Williams signing definitely makes the Bills better today.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The New England Patriots have reached an agreement with free agent wide receiver Brandon Lloyd on a three-year, $12 million contract, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

How much will they pay Wes with his F Tag?

that Kraft Mac & Cheeze must be clogging the blood flow to his brain

and I've yet to see commentary on the Boston Herald with a review. All they have is a reprint ---- Visit The Buffalo News (Buffalo, N.Y.) at www.buffalonews.com

©2012 The Buffalo News (Buffalo, N.Y.) Distributed by MCT Information Services

-------------------------

Oh wait the Boston Glob has something While I'm not a huge fan of free agency -- big signings rarely lead to wins in January -- the Bills made a nice move today signing ex-Texans end Mario Williams, even if the price tag was a reported six-year, $100-million deal with $50 million guaranteed.

Rarely does a 27-year-old former No. 1 pick, who is a freak athlete at 6-feet-6-inches, 295 pounds with 4.70 speed in the 40-yard dash, come on the market without having to be a reclamation project.

The Bills can now start a defensive line of, from left to right, Chris Kelsay, Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams and Mario Williams, with Shawne Merriman in reserve (for now). That's a formidable group. Who do you double? Who do you single block if you're the Patriots? Is Nate Solder ready to face Williams? Maybe the Patriots are calling Matt Light to make sure he comes back.

Is it good enough to overtake the Patriots? We'll have to see if they have the right pieces when the season starts, but the Williams signing definitely makes the Bills better today.

I don't see them moving Mario to the right side. Kelsay is going to have to move, which in my opinion is going to be major challenge.

Or how about an organization that signs over the hill FA and FA projects. Last year it was Ocho Cinco and Albert Haynesworth, how well did that work out? Year before that it was Tory Holt and Algae Crumpler. And the year before that it was Joey Gallaway. The Patriots is where FA WR's go to die. At least they are smart enough not to over pay for them but they don't get nearly enough production from them. So will see how 31 year old Lloyd does and project WR Gonzalez does.

Bottom line: Kraft should worry about his own FA signings that seem to not work out.

Robert Kraft should just worry about his prom queen QB and be a professional. Owners shouldn't comment publicly on what other teams are doing with free-agency in a negative light, that's just corny. The worst thing is a grown ass man who can't embrace a challenge or an inc rease of competition. His team was caught cheating and hasn't won a Superbowl since. To be completely honest this just shows you that we're moving in the right direction. He's nervous about having to share the spotlight, it's not just the patriots anymore and he doesn't want to accept that. We aren't that far off from being a legitimate contender and he definitely know's that. We went balls out because we had to, we don't have the luxury of getting players to just come here like he has at this point. But at least we're not cheating to win!....GO BILLS!!!!

I can't agree more with this!!

Just read some comments by NE owner Bob Kraft on how signing Mario Williams was a bad deal for the team because now you tie up all that money on one player and can't get an other quality players so in essence the team gets worse as a result.

Yet, meager Bob shelled out 48mil for Brady in a 2011 contract extension. Is Kraft worried, jealous, or just another NE hypocrite, or all of the above? For what it's worth, he can kiss my big, pimply, white a$$.

"FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Two people with knowledge of the contract said Thursday night that Tom Brady has agreed to a four-year extension that would make him the NFL's highest paid player.

The extension for the New England Patriots quarterback begins in 2011 at an average of $18 million per year with a total of $48.5 million guaranteed, one of those persons said. Both persons spoke on condition of anonymity because the paperwork had not yet been filed with the NFL."

http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/new-deal-makes-tom-brady-nfls-top-earner-at-18-million-per-season.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/09/tom-brady-contract-extens_n_711578.html

I am going to give both Ralph and Nix a strong vote of support here. This is the kind of move I have been waiting for from Nix. It is much more significant than the signing of one player. The Williams signing means that this organization is dedicated to becoming a force in the AFC EAST!! Kudos!

Saw this in another thread yesterday. I wonder if NE had signed him would he be singing the same song. Of course this makes the Bills better. Great signing by the Bills. If we had any defense at all, we would have beat NE twice last year.

My guess is this. Week 17 we jumped out to a 21 - 0 lead over NE, and the PTB said, oh crap, we really don't need to beat these guys, we're just screwing ourselves out a better draft pick. Best we sit Stevie down for the second half (Be a good lesson for him anyway) and play soft the rest of the game.. No need to kick they're asses for no damn good reaosn. :)

Tim-

I thought it might be interesting to look at the list of NE's highest cap numbers--- it's not like the Pats don't tie up big money with individual players. Would you rather have Mario Williams at a $16,000,000 cap hit or Jerod Mayo at $9,333,120?

2. Brady, Tom QB $15,208,120
  3. Welker, Wes WR $9,515,000
  4. Mayo, Jerod LB $9,333,120
  5. Wilfork, Vince DT $8,608,120
  6. Light, Matt OL $8,000,000
  7. Mankins, Logan OL $7,000,000
  8. Ochocinco, Chad WR $4,683,333
  9. Gostkowski, Stephen K P/K $3,008,120

http://nyjetscap.com/Patriots/patriots2012.php

Edited by Punch

I thought it might be interesting to look at the list of NE's highest cap numbers--- it's not like the Pats don't tie up big money with individual players. Would you rather have Mario Williams at a $16,000,000 cap hit or Jerod Mayo at $9,333,120?

Mario Williams cap hit is about the same as Mayo's for next year per WGR.

Wow, the only thing that jumps out at me on that list is #7 -- what a way to waste $4.6M.