One ------> Take 5

Chef Jim

I saw Al Di Meola at a small club a couple of years ago. He played that and prefaced it with "Hmmm, it's Friday....it's San Francisco" Fan!@#$ingtastic..

Whenever someone talks about great guitarists, my vote always goes to Al Dimeola. I remember when I was about 13-14 and I was in a record store in Kenmore and was browsing through the usual heavy metal/Lynard skynard, southern rock stuff, and heard something playing ( Al Dimeola), I asked what it was, and bought it on the spot. Great stuff, although nobody in my age group had any idea who he was.

To OP, great stuff, I may end up getting some more of this thanks for the heads up!

R&G are great, just saw them last spring (wow, cant believe thats about a year ago now).

They come from the Mexican thrash metal scene, and took their talents to the classical guitar genre. I havent picked up the new album from this year, but the previous two are fantastic. They actually pull off the back-to-back Zepplin-Metallica covers that might sound cheesy on any other album.

Good stuff!! :thumbsup:

Whenever someone talks about great guitarists, my vote always goes to Al Dimeola. I remember when I was about 13-14 and I was in a record store in Kenmore and was browsing through the usual heavy metal/Lynard skynard, southern rock stuff, and heard something playing ( Al Dimeola), I asked what it was, and bought it on the spot. Great stuff, although nobody in my age group had any idea who he was.

To OP, great stuff, I may end up getting some more of this thanks for the heads up!

I'm always afraid that my wife is going to toss her panties on stage whenever we see him. She LOVES him.

The first time we saw him was at the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano we were in line and this guy walks out of the box office and cuts right in front of us. He says "hey, who's playing here tonight?" And then hops in a cab. My wife said "Oh my God! Who was THAT??" That was Al my dear.