Joe-the-Bumbler Biden

I don't believe that this what the OP was referring to, but it certainly illustrates that Joe would do better as the VP of FantasyLand.

"These guys have a fundamentally different economic philosophy than we do. Ours values the success in business. We’re about promoting the private sector, they’re about protecting the privileged sector. We are for a fair shot and fair shake, they’re for no rules, no accountability.

Remember what the headlines were saying a couple of years ago? It’s bankruptcy time for GM. . . . Government must act quickly to prevent collapse of suppliers. A million good jobs at stake. . . . Our friends on the other side, had started a mantra, we would make auto companies wards of the state. Governor Romney was more direct, “Let Detroit go bankrupt.” He said that what we propose is even worse than bankruptcy; it would make General Motors the living dead."

In Joe Biden’s world, government takeovers and support for failing companies constitute support for the private sector. One would think that valuing “success in business” means not bailing out the losers in an economy, but apparently not. Biden also twisted Governor Romney’s views on the auto bailout. Romney called for the government to help manage the bankruptcy of the automakers; he did not propose the death of the auto industry.

Biden concluded his speech by declaring that,

"Ultimately, that’s what this election is all about, a choice between a system that’s rigged and a system that’s fair. A system that trusts the workers on the line than listens to the folks in the suits."

A system where government chooses to support some businesses with taxpayer-money is described as fair, while the alternative is regarded as rigged.

That’s the reality in which the Obama administration believes.

NRO

Funniest........................ Vice President............................... Ever.

Joe Biden: Economic Theories of GOP Candidates Will Lead America to Bankruptcy

By Doug Powers

Joe Biden officially hit the 2012 campaign trail only yesterday and he’s already opening with his funniest material:

I want to tell you what’s real bankruptcy — the economic theories of (Newt) Gingrich, (Rick) Santorum and (Mitt) Romney. They are bankrupt. If you give any one of these guys the keys to the White House, they will bankrupt the middle class again,” Biden said.

Keep in mind though, the warning against Republican candidates who will bankrupt the country comes from the same guy whose prescription for avoiding bankruptcy is to........... spend more money.................lol

PS: on a personal note, My daughter Mariah got to shake the VP's hand this morning while he was campaigning in Pittsburgh today

.Michelle Malkin

Edited by B-Man

Funniest........................ Vice President............................... Ever.

Keep in mind though, the warning against Republican candidates who will bankrupt the country comes from the same guy whose prescription for avoiding bankruptcy is to........... spend more money.................lol

PS: on a personal note, My daughter Mariah got to shake the VP's hand this morning while he was campaigning in Pittsburgh today

.Michelle Malkin

The government spending can actually help in preventing bankruptcy in the long term. Doesn't really fit into the talking points here though.

The government spending can actually help in preventing bankruptcy in the long term. Doesn't really fit into the talking points here though.

Why don't you go ahead and explain it to us. We love J. Maynard Keynes. After all, his "economics" haven't bankrupted the entire country. YET. <_<

It was revealed on the news this weekend that among the plans in Osama bin Laden's compound room were an assassination of Obama. OBL's logic:

Link

"The reason for concentrating on them," bin Laden explained in one document, "is that Obama is the head of infidelity and killing him automatically will make [Vice President] Biden take over the presidency... Biden is totally unprepared for that post, which will lead the U.S. into a crisis. As for Petraeus, he is the man of the hour ... and killing him would alter the war's path" in Afghanistan."

The man may have been a hateful murderer, but he wasn't entirely stupid.

Edited by UConn James

It was revealed on the news this weekend that among the plans in Osama bin Laden's compound room were an assassination of Obama. OBL's logic:

Link

That's why Obama picked him, impeachment protection!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/03/18/biden_gets_booed_at_st_patricks_day_parade_in_pittsburgh.html

The scrappy kid from Scranton. The first Irish Catholic VP

Doesn't receive a warm reception in the 'Burgh

From what I've read up on, OBL was actually quite smart. And a hateful muderer. Not a pleasant combination

Why don't you go ahead and explain it to us. We love J. Maynard Keynes. After all, his "economics" haven't bankrupted the entire country. YET. <_<

So, you don't like Keynesian Economics I see? Lol.

Do I really need to spell it out? Clearly, you knew what I was talking about.

So, you don't like Keynesian Economics I see? Lol.

Do I really need to spell it out? Clearly, you knew what I was talking about.

I love it when people argue in favor of Keynesian economics. Point of note: Keynes wasn't even a Keynesian.

I love it when people argue in favor of Keynesian economics. Point of note: Keynes wasn't even a Keynesian.

I think Keynesian Economics for the most part is sound. Don't agree with everything.

I laugh at the right for basically turning it into another boogeyman though. :lol:

I think Keynesian Economics for the most part is sound. Don't agree with everything.

I laugh at the right for basically turning it into another boogeyman though. :lol:

You're one of those people who posts a twelve-paragraph comment under a Paul Krugman article, aren't you....

You're one of those people who posts a twelve-paragraph comment under a Paul Krugman article, aren't you....

No, actually I don't even read his blog. I have read some in the past but not regularly. I prefer the Economix blog on the NYT website. Very diverse view there.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/03/biden-bin-laden-killing-most-audacious-plan-in-years-117961.html

:rolleyes:

Neil Armstrong now has the right to sucker punch Biden on National TV.

Biden should call up every survivor of D-Day, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Battle of the Bulge, etc and personally apologize to each of them. Then he should book a flight to Russia and visit Yuri Gagarin's grave and beg for forgiveness.

Maybe a trip to read the signatures on the Declaration of Independence. Yeah, that took some balls

I could continue, but these are the first ones that came to mind

Edited by /dev/null

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/03/biden-bin-laden-killing-most-audacious-plan-in-years-117961.html

:rolleyes:

Neil Armstrong now has the right to sucker punch Biden on National TV.

Biden should call up every survivor of D-Day, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Battle of the Bulge, etc and personally apologize to each of them. Then he should book a flight to Russia and visit Yuri Gagarin's grave and beg for forgiveness.

I could continue, but these are the first ones that came to mind

You're overreacting. Badly.

But not as much as Biden. Holy Jesus, what a completely retarded thing to say.

You're overreacting. Badly.

Why is he overreacting? Did it not strike you as excessively disrespectful to, oh, I don't know...the last 500 years of accomplishments and deeds?

We need to stop chalking up Joe Biden to rhetorical flourish and call him out on this moronic nonsense. Should we accept the fact that a dumbass this big is the VP? Is it okay that this brick stands at a $10K/head dinner and tell people that Republicans don't understand the middle class? Is it really unpatriotic if you don't pay enough taxes by his standards?

Is it too much to expect that between the President and Vice President, at least ONE of them isn't constantly saying and doing things that are "completely retarded?"

So no. Dev's not overreacting.

Why is he overreacting? Did it not strike you as excessively disrespectful to, oh, I don't know...the last 500 years of accomplishments and deeds?

Anyone who holds Iwo Jima as an "ambitious plan" is overreacting.