Brock Osweiler - QB - Arizona State 6'7 242 4.70 Big Arm

I have been paying attention lately to the 2012 QB class, and have been looking for a taller big armed qb with quick feet and have found a guy expected to go somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Buffalo wants to stretch the field with speed; but, what is the point if no qb to throw the ball that far? I say Brock is their guy in the second. With huge upside and a year to learn I think he is an excellent 2nd round pick, Chans kind of qb. Your thoughts?

I think that would be a good pick but i would wait until the 3rd round to get him , he only had one good year very raw but i think he has a great upside but i think 2nd is bit to high ..

If Mario is signed, what about a trade down in the 1st and acquire another 2nd and make the pick?

I've read this guy's mechanics are are mess. Tebowesque, if you will. Should the Bills really spend a 2nd on a guy like that?

I understand he is a monster physically and has good measureables.

I still wonder if Buffalo had any interest in Tebow? If this guy is similiar and a lot bigger arm than Tebow certainly Gailey can get him there.

I still wonder if Buffalo had any interest in Tebow? If this guy is similiar and a lot bigger arm than Tebow certainly Gailey can get him there.

I think they had some interest in tebow. Osweiler looks like a project. I wouldnt spend a 2nd on him, but that's just me.

I have been paying attention lately to the 2012 QB class, and have been looking for a taller big armed qb with quick feet and have found a guy expected to go somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Buffalo wants to stretch the field with speed; but, what is the point if no qb to throw the ball that far? I say Brock is their guy in the second. With huge upside and a year to learn I think he is an excellent 2nd round pick, Chans kind of qb. Your thoughts?

More likely in the third, but we do need a big arm QB to work behind Fitz and he could be the guy.

This kid is not even close to becoming an NFL calibre BACKUP, never mind a starter. Osweiler is a very long-term project. I'd much rather give Russell Wilson the benefit of the doubt despite his size. Russell has good mechanics, accuracy, etc. -A much Better body of work. Wilson is a MUCH more cerebral player. And he's also a Better Athlete.

I also wouldn't mind giving David Garrard another shot. That is going to be VERY unpopular on this board, but I think it's important that Fitz win the job outright, instead of simply inheriting it. At the very worst, it will make him a more compettitive QB. -Of course, Considering the kind of Money they're paying him, that probably won't happen.

The one kid I REALLY don't want under any circumstances is San Diego State's Ryan Lindley. I keep having nightmares that he's invited, and actually makes it through training camp. That Kid would be worse than Fitz.

Osweiler is not worth a second-round pick. A tall QB like that reminds me of Dan McGwire, another tall QB with a cannon for an arm, but a horribly slow release.

Osweiler is not worth a second-round pick. A tall QB like that reminds me of Dan McGwire, another tall QB with a cannon for an arm, but a horribly slow release.

Just because he's tall doesn't make him Dan McGuire. He had a basketball scholarship to Gonzaga and moves very well. He also had a great game against USC, who was a top 10 if they could be ranked.

I'm telling you, I think this is a guy that can be developed into a potential franchise guy. He's legit.

Just because he's tall doesn't make him Dan McGuire. He had a basketball scholarship to Gonzaga and moves very well. He also had a great game against USC, who was a top 10 if they could be ranked.

I'm telling you, I think this is a guy that can be developed into a potential franchise guy. He's legit.

Easy Mel Kiper Jr, you said the same thing about Dan Lefevour who is on his fourth team in 2 years. :lol:

Easy Mel Kiper Jr, you said the same thing about Dan Lefevour who is on his fourth team in 2 years. :lol:

:nana: I said Lefevour would be a decent development qb to take with a later round pick. You wanted Clausen with a 1st round pick. Clausen didn't even dress for games last year.

So yeah, you can send me that beer anytime now.