AFC vs. NFC: Free Agency

Obviously, free agency is far from over, but I'm pleased to see most of the top talent migrating AWAY FROM our our AFC foes and landing with NFC teams.

WR Vincent Jackson leaves San Diego (AFC) and lands in Tampa Bay (NFC)

CB Brandon Carr leaves Kansas City (AFC) and lands in Dallas (NFC)

CB Cortland Finnegan leaves Tennessee (AFC) and signs with St. Louis (NFC)

WR Pierre Garcon leaves Indianapolis (AFC) and signs with Washington (NFC)

WR Brandon Marshall traded from Miami (AFC East) to Chicago (NFC)

QB Peyton Manning leaves Indianapolis (AFC) and potentially to Arizona (NFC)...but who knows???

Who's the biggest NFC-to-AFC transaction? Meachem?

I like our AFC rivals losing pieces, especially when its not to the betterment of other AFC teams.

Excellent observation.

OTOH it's of note that the NFC is already the better conference with The Giants, Saints, Packers, and Niners all exceptionally strong teams.

So while the road to the Super Bowl may have been made easier in the AFC, it will get no easier for the AFC representative in the Super Bowl.

Excellent observation.

OTOH it's of note that the NFC is already the better conference with The Giants, Saints, Packers, and Niners all exceptionally strong teams.

So while the road to the Super Bowl may have been made easier in the AFC, it will get no easier for the AFC representative in the Super Bowl.

I'd take an easy road to the Super Bowl and a dogfight in the big game any day! Heck, even a smoother path to the playoffs would make me happy.

I'd take an easy road to the Super Bowl and a dogfight in the big game any day! Heck, even a smoother path to the playoffs would make me happy.

I don't disagree… just making an observation.

It's a trade-off though.

IMO the 3 NFC East teams which beat us in the Super Bowl were better than us partly because they played against a higher level of competition during the regular season.

But yes… getting to the big game is more important than being a battle-hardened team.

There's no consolation for the NFC team which loses the conference championship game.