Marcus Easley may help us forget all about Meacham

Mr. T

I know it's pure speculation, but I really do think Easley could come up really big for the Bills this year. I remember after the last preseason game he played being very excited about what he was going to do last year. Than out of the blue we find out he is done for season, and maybe for good because of a heart problem.

Well, he has been given a clean bill of health to play again. He is not coming back from a serious injury of any kind. He will have a full off season program to get comfortable and settle in. I just have a feeling that he can be a difference maker for the Bills this year.

He hasn't been able to stay healthy for two years....what makes you think he can stay healthy this season? We need a deep threat.

Again, he was not injured last year. He had a potentially serious health issue with his heart, but has since been cleared to play. Remember, before that happened he was about to take over the #2 WR slot. I know there is a question mark concerning him, but I do believe he has the potential to be something special for us.

He hasn't been able to stay healthy for two years....what makes you think he can stay healthy this season? We need a deep threat.

I agree.

I don't want to depend on him, he hasn't proven he's been able to stay on the field. Even if the last one had little to do with football. If he can stay on the field, awesome, more weapons is better. But a few pre-season games won't tell us enough. Hell, we've all been burned by preseason gamers.

I know it's pure speculation, but I really do think Easley could come up really big for the Bills this year. I remember after the last preseason game he played being very excited about what he was going to do last year. Than out of the blue we find out he is done for season, and maybe for good because of a heart problem.

Well, he has been given a clean bill of health to play again. He is not coming back from a serious injury of any kind. He will have a full off season program to get comfortable and settle in. I just have a feeling that he can be a difference maker for the Bills this year.

Yeah he has really impressed so far. If the bills thought so highly of him why did we bring in meachum? Bottom line the bills know we need a true #2 WR that is a threat opposite Stevie and we don't have it

Pass. Two unhealthy years... I don't trust him. Plus Gailey wants a legit deep threat. Let's see who else is on the market...

Brandon Lloyd (STL)

Plaxico Burress (NYJ)

Mario Manningham (NYG)

Anyone else worth mentioning?

I'd take a long look at a guy who can make the big catch in the big game.

The Bills and Gailey have had two years to analyze Jones, Easley and Roosevelt. If they felt that any of them could become the #2 WR they wouldn't have been so aggressive going after Meachem. My guess is they sign Robinson or Manningham(assuming they want similar or less money than what they offered to Meachem), and then draft a LT at #10(assuming Williams signs on as a Bill).

I think they feel very good about Nelson as a #3(slot WR).

Edited by LabattBlue

Again, he was not injured last year. He had a potentially serious health issue with his heart, but has since been cleared to play. Remember, before that happened he was about to take over the #2 WR slot. I know there is a question mark concerning him, but I do believe he has the potential to be something special for us.

I guess it's how you define injured. A heart problem is something serious and not something like a broken arm that heals and you are done. I'd love to see him step up and become a big part of the team, but putting you eggs in that basket is extremely risky. It looks to me more and more like the Bills are looking to draft a wideout.

I'd like to believe that, but I'd need to see the guy play a down of regular-season NFL football before I could begin to be comfortable with that idea.

However, I was never really hot on Meachem, so I'm not too upset that he signed elsewhere, especially for $6.5M/year.

He may. But having been totally out of football for 2 years, and a bit of a one year wonder/dark horse before that, the odds are against it.

It's kinda like Merriman - he may come back from the Achilles, it would be nice if he does, but if we want to be a successful franchise we'd better not count on it.

Agree. Ithink he has become sort of a "forgotten man" by many because he's been fighting through health issues. But I agree w/ your point. Don't count him out.

I am very optimistic about Easley being a very good receiver, and there's no reason to label a guy injury prone when a health issue kept him out of football. This year has to be the year he plays and shows everyone what he is made of however.

I agree...do or die for Easley...Merriman too. These guys need to perform this yr, or move on.

You're right. I don't agree w/ the people lumping him in w/ Merriman & others that he just can't stay healthy, and therefore we should give up on him and move on.

Gailey knows talent and can evaluate it well. He knows we got a special guy here. In the past two years, he's raved about Easley's talent and has openly and quite sharply pointed out the need to keep him. Clearly he's seen enough to REALLY believe in him and he's itching to get Easley into the rotation.

Furthermore, with the Bills badly needing quality depth at a lot of positions on both sides of the ball, I say he's worth AT LEAST that. Lets give him his shot.

Exactly. I am rooting for the guy but his health comes first and if his heart has physical issues that has to come first. It's not like he missed half the season with a boo boo foot.