Buffalo should go after an OLB

ny33

Assuming Williams doesn't sign, I think Buffalo should go after one of the premier linebackers: David Hawthorne, Curtis Lofton, or Erin Henderson. All three will receive reasonable contracts, and, I think, would be an upgrade opposite Nick Barnett. If Sheppard can slide to OLB effectively (and I don't think he can), then these guys can play MLB, too. All three are experienced vets who should be versatile on our defense. As for WRs: Laurent Robinson is going to get a huge contract from Miami, Jacksonville, or other teams like Houston (I expect him to receive 6-7m/year). Buffalo shouldn't pay that for a WR.

Of course it would be ideal to grab a premier pass rusher like Mario Williams but, if that doesn't happen, we could certainly use another quality OLB. I'm a big fan of Brandon Carr, and think we could use another CB in the mix, but he's going to get a huge contract. Grab a veteran OLB and nail the draft, and we'll be in decent shape next year.

1331711574[/url]' post='2404919']

Assuming Williams doesn't sign, I think Buffalo should go after one of the premier linebackers: David Hawthorne, Curtis Lofton, or Erin Henderson. All three will receive reasonable contracts, and, I think, would be an upgrade opposite Nick Barnett. If Sheppard can slide to OLB effectively (and I don't think he can), then these guys can play MLB, too. All three are experienced vets who should be versatile on our defense. As for WRs: Laurent Robinson is going to get a huge contract from Miami, Jacksonville, or other teams like Houston (I expect him to receive 6-7m/year). Buffalo shouldn't pay that for a WR.

Of course it would be ideal to grab a premier pass rusher like Mario Williams but, if that doesn't happen, we could certainly use another quality OLB. I'm a big fan of Brandon Carr, and think we could use another CB in the mix, but he's going to get a huge contract. Grab a veteran OLB and nail the draft, and we'll be in decent shape next year.

Lofton is a MLB. He's the best of the bunch IMO, but we don't need him. I'm not sure sheppard will be able to transition to OLB. Maybe Lofton can, but I wouldn't spend 5-8 mill a year on a guy you HOPE can transition. I dunno enough about Hawthorne or henderson to discuss. If we land Mario, I don't care if our lbs this year are Barnett sheppard and Morrison. I think they'd be ok behind the big 3 and Kelsey. I'd pay Laurent Robinson 6 maybe 7 a year. Did you watch him play last year? He wasn't just a product of playing in the cowboys system. He was very good. A big asset IMO.