GR55: 2 hours of Bills free agency talk

Buftex

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been extremely critical of WGR in the past but this last hour has been some of the best Buffalo sports radio I've heard. Signing the Bills has made them so much better to listen to.

PTR

...or maybe it helps that the same ole' on-air staff(Simon, White, Riter, Schoop & Bulldog) are not part of the program. ;)

Bills General Manager Buddy Nix said this morning that the team is planning to make waves with a free agent signing or two that makes the league take notice, and that once those big deals are done, the Bills will be done and moving on to preparing for the draft.

"Free Agent Signing that Make the League Take Notice" Buddy gave me no hope after listing to his interview on WGR I don't think he knows what aggressive means

...or maybe it helps that the same ole' on-air staff(Simon, White, Riter, Schoop & Bulldog) are not part of the program. ;)

Gotta say, I like Howard Simon, but since he has been on vacation, I like Jeremy White a lot more...normally I find him extremely irritating. When he was on with Riter this morning, or with Joe Bucsalia (who is good), White is much funnier and tolerable.

"Free Agent Signing that Make the League Take Notice" Buddy gave me no hope after listing to his interview on WGR I don't think he knows what aggressive means

How many times do you intend to make the same point in a single thread? You don't believe him - we get it.

Obviously, you, and the PFT writer for that site did not listen very closely to what Nix said. He did not say "we will be out of the FA market by Friday"...he said "we would like to be out by Friday, but that doesn't mean to say if there is someone out there who can help us after that, we wouldn't be interested." He was talking euphemistcally. In other words, "ideally, we could just go out, get all the guys we want at 4pm today, and then move on to the draft"... but he knows that isn't likely to happen...he even said that!!! I can see why Schoop hates talking to "listeners" so much. They listen, but they don't hear!

As for the tweet, sited in the article, to me, it reads, "we got our guys targeted, and hopefully we get them signed right away"....

Edited by Buftex

I've been extremely critical of WGR in the past but this last hour has been some of the best Buffalo sports radio I've heard. Signing the Bills has made them so much better to listen to.

PTR

Listening in from 'joisy - I agree - it's been a great listen. I agree with Tim that Buddy gives you straight talk . But this will be a competition and even the FO's best offer might not be good enough even if it is the highest. Mario's (if he is the target and I think he is) - in a great position to choose not only how much but where. I believe our main $$ competition will be the Bears. Playing opposite Peppers has got to be an incentive. If the Cheatriots get involved, then it will be taking less money to play there. The Bills , I think, need to outbid the Bears and convince Mario to take it.

As to Vincent Jackson - is he worth $13-$14 million? Maybe.

-RnJ

You have a point. 'GR needed some fresh blood.

PTR

PTR don't know how often you listen, but Joe Buscalia has been on GR for a while...he has been their sort of "in-house" Bills guy for a few years...he just doesn't have a regular daily show, so you don't hear as much from him. Now that they have the Bills games, I assume he will be getting more air time. Hopefully, they get to the point where Paul Hamilton can just stick with hockey (his strong suit), and Buscalia just with football.

Great line up today and Joe B and Tim were great. Best Bills talk in awhile. I agree that since Joe B has taken over for Paul the talk about the Bills is a lpt better and more interesting. Paul's first love is hockey and they'd be talking hockey in September and it was awful. Joe B loves football and the Bills and is knowledgeable and researches things quite well.

I like Jeremy and Howard in the morning but agree Schopp and Bulldog have been hard to listen to during most football seasons and so negative and the Bills are moving and terrible blah blah blah although I felt this past season was better.

I was skeptical about them taking over the Bills games and being the Bills' station although it certainly makes 100% sense but I have been very pleasantly surprised and it is a much more natural fit than 97 rock. Kudos to Joe and Tim today on a great show!!

Will they add this to the audiovault later you guys think? Would love to listen to it, but I'm at work

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/03/13/bills-have-2-primary-fa-targets/

FYI - This link says the following:

You can watch the full one-on-one interview with Buddy Nix a little later this morning in the media center on Buffalobills.com

Buddy on now!

Buddy says there will be a number of "shocker" cuts, at 4pm eastern, as teams try to get under the salary cap...so the list of available FA's right now, could change dramatically at 4pm!

I thought you said Friday March 13!

Brandon:

”We plan on being aggressive and resources will not be an issue whatsoever. And we will be out there trying to do our best to bring players into Buffalo that are the right fit. It takes two to tango and we’ll see how it all comes out.

Anyway to listen live?

You mean other than going to the website and clicking on the "Listen Live" button?

Yup Im dumb :oops:

You're not dumb, they are just mean! :P

Two things can be equally true. It's possible Captain Hindsight is dumb AND that KD is mean… in fact it's probable on both counts.

:)

This is an interesting interview. Buddy's words give me hope for this week.

Carl Mauck as your avatar?

:worthy:

I wish we had a GM with balls Buddy Nix has none

Speaking of being dumb… yeah he's one of 32 NFL GMs, a football guy with every fiber of his body but he has no balls.

About once a year I call someone a name on this forum.

You are an idiot.