This just in...Jets went to Superbowl in February.

Beerball

Without Stevie Johnson playing the fool, Woody Johnson’s Super Bowl-bound Jets might have finished 7-9 instead of 8-8.

Who knew? Not sure how you consider Ralph a 'hand me down owner' either. I'm no Ralph apologist, but he took over a successful family insurance business and turned it into much more. Nice hack job New York Post.

link

Who knew? Not sure how you consider Ralph a 'hand me down owner' either. I'm no Ralph apologist, but he took over a successful family insurance business and turned it into much more. Nice hack job New York Post.

link

Ya I'm sure keeping a team captain around after he quit on his team and qb with the season on the line proves much more about an owner than paying a 25 year old who celebrated in a not so tasteful way once

Wow...that is a pretty awful piece. There was a time when Phil Mushnick was considered one of the better sports journalist around... not sure what happened. He obviously doesn't really know what he is talking about. The article, short as it is, is just off on so many levels. I almost tempted to email him:

phil.mushnick@nypost.com

But, I will leave that to the more able-worded! :devil:

The sort of lazy, incoherent crap which give professional football writers a bad name.

He put less care into that piece than most people here put into their posts.

I'm embarrassed for his family.

What kind of person would put his name on a stinking pile of crap like that?

Does he know how many people would give their right testicle (not me btw) to have his job?

There's almost nothing worse than professional laziness.

That's not even addressing the SJ13 contract aspect.

The sort of lazy, incoherent crap which give professional football writers a bad name.

He put less care into that piece than most people here put into their posts.

I'm embarrassed for his family.

What kind of person would put his name on a stinking pile of crap like that?

Does he know how many people would give their right testicle (not me btw) to have his job?

There's almost nothing worse than professional laziness.

That's not even addressing the SJ13 contract aspect.

Funny thing is, Mushnick, at one time was one of the premiere east coast basketball writers. An old college professor of mine, in the early 80's (also a huge college hoops fanatic) used to read him religiously. I suspect guys like Mushnick are in the "if you can't beat them, join them" mode, as their careers wind down... what passes for journalism nowadays is far different than it was 30 years ago. I just read a really horrendously written article about Paul McCartney in Rolling Stone...it wasn't so much the essence of the ideas, but the writing itself.

What strikes me most about the article, is how devoid it is of factual content. If this was Mushnick just spewing off some off the cuff remark on a sports talk radio show, or something, it would be pretty unremarkable. But, this is a seasoned sports journalist just "mailing it in" and, it appears, trying to appease a base, to which Bills fans don't belong.

Edited by Buftex

Funny thing is, Mushnick, at one time was one of the premiere east coast basketball writers. An old college professor of mine, in the early 80's (also a huge college hoops fanatic) used to read him religiously. I suspect guys like Mushnick are in the "if you can't beat them, join them" mode, as their careers wind down... what passes for journalism nowadays is far different than it was 30 years ago. I just read a really horrendously written article about Paul McCartney in Rolling Stone...it wasn't so much the essence of the ideas, but the writing itself.

What strikes me most about the article, is how devoid it is of factual content. If this was Mushnick just spewing off some off the cuff remark on a sports talk radio show, or something, it would be pretty unremarkable. But, this is a seasoned sports journalist just "mailing it in" and, it appears, trying to appease a base, to which Bills fans don't belong.

Great musings, B.

It's totally possible working in that market for that paper that the guy is burnt out in his career.

I'm not cutting him any slack but just speculating.

Let's say that he is burnt out and mailing it in on a fairly regular basis. That annoys the crap out of me.

A few people would even say he should resign if he's not gonna live up to professional standards.

On the other hand a lot of people mail it in every day and might not hold him or others to a very high standard.

Then when you factor in the fact that he has a house/family/bills to pay, etc and it becomes a moot point… he ain't gonna step down unless his health is at risk.

I wonder if there was a time when honor really existed.

Horrible piece of crap article. It's the se mentality of these dumb ignorant NYC think they know it all about everyone business people that I work with, amd I work 90 miles away from the damn city as it is. All I hear all day from these idiots is stuff about how the Bills are moving to Toronto, the owners selling the team, Buffalo must have no jobs and a rediculous economy since so many Buffalo natives work here. Ugh, now I see the type of @$$hats they get thier information from.

Maybe this idiot should stop making cracks about SJ and focus in how his Captain and star WR has been suspended in the past for drug use, or pouts and whines and gives up on his team. Or maybe he can bring up how Plaxico was a major dissapointment this year on top of the fact that he's had his fair share of on and off the field issues with not getting along with coaches, not showing up for practices and let's not forget the 2 year bid for toting a gun in a NYC club. Or you could just mention that Plax is so stupid and cheap he doesn't know how to safety his weapon or won't buy an actual holster for it in the first place. A sweatpants waistband is a great place for your gat apparently.

I hope you read this and I hope you die of AIDS. Bye

Edited by mrags