When you are the mother of 10

Beerball

How about the father?? no mention?

Back in 1976, 6 of us where coming back from Lake Placid camping trip and saw a little girl about 5 years old standing in a pull off spot just before the North-way. We pulled over to see what was going on. Her parents had pulled over to take a leak in the woods and did not know that she had gotten out. She had been standing there a long time and crying. 2 of our group went to the state police in Placid . Come to find out they found her parents in a rest area on the Mass Pike. They had called the state police. Got a thank you letter

Edited by mead107

[Likely] Which one? <_<

That's the first thought that ran through my head.

The old joke:

"All the kids are named <blank>."

"How do you get their attention?"

"I call them by their last names."

I can understand how this happened. 10 kids, 3 vehicles. Logistical nightmare. **** happens. Looks to me like the media is playing it up. As usual.

The old joke:

I can understand how this happened. 10 kids, 3 vehicles. Logistical nightmare. **** happens. Looks to me like the media is playing it up. As usual.

It was 19 kids. 10 of her own and 9 others.

I would tend to agree with this, but I'm not sure how the mother goes through Thursday night and into Friday morning before realizing the child is missing. That's just messed up.

The old joke:

It was 19 kids. 10 of her own and 9 others.

Sorry, any time one of your kids ends up in 'protective custody' overnight because a parent doesn't know their kid is missing should be a big deal.

19 kids in 3 cars with at least one adult in each car = too many kids/car unless they drive limos.

Sorry, any time one of your kids ends up in 'protective custody' overnight because a parent doesn't know their kid is missing should be a big deal.

19 kids in 3 cars with at least one adult in each car = too many kids/car unless they drive limos.

"Overnight" is the key. Okay...ten kids enter, nine kids leave. How do you not notice until the next morning?

And what happened to teaching kids their address and phone number, so if they do get lost they can tell the police where they live? I had mine so thoroughly drummed into me when I was two that I STILL remember it.

My former school superintendent had seven children, they had one of those passenger vans as the family vehicle. I don't remember them leaving anyone behind.

That you know of. As a school superintendent, if he misplaced one he had a virtually unlimited number of replacements...