An idea articulated…

I believe one of the points WSS was making was that after Kahlil, there's not much difference between the next 3 tackles.

But I believe that Kahlil is the only one being viewed as a "can't miss," elite type player.

Correct but I believe Kahlil, Martin, Adams, & Reiff are all blue-chip prospects

In 2012 tackles are deep and all are close to "can't miss" (I hate that term).

Its like 2011 with defensive ends Kerrigan through JJ Watt were all "can't miss".

(On a side note I doubt Coples or ingram would be first round picks in 2011 and neither strike me as Blue-chipers or "can't miss" prospects)

Edited by Why So Serious?

Are you guys talking about Lou's quote? Because Hank just stole that for his HOF speech "As I matriculate my way down the field of life, I will never forget this moment and you wonderful people who helped make this day possible."

(Hank Stram Quote)

Lou's quote see below

I'd been thinking this and PFT has posted this idea.

http://profootballta...ory/rumor-mill/

The point being that there are arguably 5 elite players in this year's draft:

Luck, RGIII, Kahlil, Claiborne, and Blackmon.

The Rams now draft at #6.

They were said to be coveting a franchise left tackle (Kahlil), an outside weapon for Bradford (Blackmon), and a much needed cornerback (Claiborne).

The upshot of this trade is that they might not have the opportunity to select any of their top 3 players… all at positions of need.

It also lends more intrigue to the report that the Rams took the Redskins offer over a similar one from the Browns, who draft at #4.

Browns deal couldn't have been as good cuz they would have taken it over the Redskins. That being said they could draft :

Trent Richardson Alabama 5'11" 224 RB

Luke Kuechly Boston College 6'3" 242 WILB SILB

David DeCastro Stanford 6'5" 316 OG

Fletcher Cox Mississippi St 6'4" 298 DT43

All rated first at their position

Browns deal couldn't have been as good cuz they would have taken it over the Redskins. That being said they could draft :

Trent Richardson Alabama 5'11" 224 RB

Luke Kuechly Boston College 6'3" 242 WILB SILB

David DeCastro Stanford 6'5" 316 OG

Fletcher Cox Mississippi St 6'4" 298 DT43

All rated first at their position

All 4 of those positions are considered bad value positions with the number 6 pick.

You almost never see players from those positions taken in the top 10.

I still think buffalo is still in a spot where other teams would like to be. I really do see buffalo trading down 3 - 5 spots and gain an extra 3rd or more, not sure of the point value. I really like what the rams are doing, damn near rebuilding that team in one draft.

would be nice as they could get equal quality of players from 10 to 30 or so, How much difference is there between theses players:

10 Quinton Coples North Carolina 6'6" 284 DE43 DE34 0 -1

11 Fletcher Cox Mississippi St 6'4" 298 DT43 DE34 -24 +1

12 Michael Floyd Notre Dame 6'3" 220 WRF +5

13 Courtney Upshaw Alabama 6'2" 272 OLB34 -3

14 Whitney Mercilus Illinois 6'4" 261 DE43 OLB34 -8 0

15 Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama 6'2" 186 CB +1

16 Michael Brockers LSU 6'5" 322 DT43 DE34 0 -1

17 Mike Adams Ohio State 6'7" 323 ROT LOT 0 -4

18 Peter Konz Wisconsin 6'5" 314 OC OG -57 +1

19 Andre Branch Clemson 6'4" 259 DE43 OLB34 -22 +4

20 Devon Still Penn State 6'5" 303 DT43 DE34 -175 -2

21 Melvin Ingram South Carolina 6'1" 264 OLB34 DE43 -11 +1

22 Mark Barron Alabama 6'1" 213 SS -2

23 Zach Brown North Carolina 6'1" 244 OLB43 WILB 0 +1

24 Dontari Poe Memphis 6'4" 346 DT34 DT43 0 +4

25 Jonathan Martin Stanford 6'5" 312 LOT -4

26 Cordy Glenn Georgia 6'5" 345 OG ROT -20 +1

27 Ryan Tannehill Texas A&M 6'4" 220 QB +4

28 Janoris Jenkins North Alabama 5'10" 193 CB -2

29 Dont'a Hightower Alabama 6'4" 245 SILB OLB34 -66 0

30 David Wilson Virginia Tech 5'10" 200 RBF 0

31 Nick Perry USC 6'3" 271 DE43 OLB34 -35 +1

32 Stephen Hill Georgia Tech 6'5" 200 WRF +24

other than Coples none of these picks would be bad and trading back would get us more top quality players.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

All 4 of those positions are considered bad value positions with the number 6 pick.

You almost never see players from those positions taken in the top 10.

Other than guard all those positions go in the top ten. Pundits are claiming that now this is a passing League and all this other BS and that RBs aren't as important. But the playoffs showed that smashmouth football still rules and you need a good running game and good defense to win the superbowl. It's been a passing league for decades and without balance you will rarely win the SB.

Other than guard all those positions go in the top ten. Pundits are claiming that now this is a passing League and all this other BS and that RBs aren't as important. But the playoffs showed that smashmouth football still rules and you need a good running game and good defense to win the superbowl. It's been a passing league for decades and without balance you will rarely win the SB.

That's your opinion.

Of the 4 players you mentioned, I would be unhappy if the Bills drafted any of them at 10.

If I were a Rams fan I'd be horrified if my team chose any of those players at 6.

It would'nt surprise me if the Rams traded down another few spots and picked their LT or WR and gain even more picks.

Not to mention they have first round picks in upcoming years they could trade for extra picks as well.

The Rams are sitting pretty, they don't need to worry about a specific elite talent. They can draft a handful of *good* players that'll make one elite player look pointless.

That is, if they draft the right guys.

Your self of steam must be very high.

:unsure: .................... :lol:

He said "matriculate".

My 2 pennies worth on this Peyton Manning fiasco is this.

1) He's done. He had fusion done on vertebrae. No way in hell does he have the full range of motion he used to have.

2) Why would the Broncos or Chiefs want him? And, if Peyton is gonna play again, he ain't gona play for backup money. Elway has another out if he needs one... Flynn. Either way he's sent the message to Tebow that he's persona non grata. SAme goes for Pioli. Does he think threatening Cassell with Manning is gonna make him a better QB? WTF? If he's chasing Manning, he's already determined Cassell ain't his man.

3) Why would Manning, with a fu--ed up neck, want to play 8 games minumum outdoors in a non tropical venue? What the hell are people thnking?

4) See number one. Put the fork in him and let the fat lady sing. He'll be first name on the 2017 HOF ballot.

What does this have to do with the OP?

they got a tremendous amount of value for the pick. Great trade for the Rams, no matter what.

I wish we could do that once in a while.

You wish we could do...what? Have the 2nd overall pick in a draft when there appear to be 2 franchise QB's and we already have one on the roster?

You wish we could do...what? Have the 2nd overall pick in a draft when there appear to be 2 franchise QB's and we already have one on the roster?

let's be fair, it would be pretty awesome if we could ever do that.

And can you imagine what it would be like for the colts if manning were 5 years younger, and his injury wasn't a concern? they could have almost doubled what the rams got plus got a few decent players in return for luck.

let's be fair, it would be pretty awesome if we could ever do that.

And can you imagine what it would be like for the colts if manning were 5 years younger, and his injury wasn't a concern? they could have almost doubled what the rams got plus got a few decent players in return for luck.

Going into the season, Luck was the top QB. And until the combine, RGIII wasn't considered a lock for the #2 spot. A lot of it is fortune.