Pink Slime...jboyst62--tell us what we need to know

Beerball

link

The low-grade trimmings come from the parts of the cow most susceptible to contaminaton, often close to the hide, which is highly exposed to fecal matter. But because of BPI's treatment of the trimmings — simmering them in low heat, separating fat and tissue using a centrifuge and spraying them with ammonia gas to kill germs — the United States Department of Agriculture says it's safe to eat.

This isn't the half of it when it comes to food we eat. Ever see how chicken nuggets are made?

Oh, this was a lot of the debate on fast food ground beef. Is it being used there is something these companies do not have to disclose.

This isn't the half of it when it comes to food we eat. Ever see how chicken nuggets are made?

Oh, this was a lot of the debate on fast food ground beef. Is it being used there is something these companies do not have to disclose.

According to what I read they never have to disclose this 'additive' because it is beef. Unfortunately it is common in the ground beef sold to schools.

Let me unnecessarily qualify this by stating that McDonalds was a once-in-a-great while thing for my 7-year-old son. Until he watched a video recently on how McNuggets were made. The joke now between wifey and me is what used to be used as a small incentive has now become a form of punishment. "If you don't get your room cleaned up in the next 10 minutes, it's McNuggets for dinner tonight." :lol:

Let me unnecessarily qualify this by stating that McDonalds was a once-in-a-great while thing for my 7-year-old son. Until he watched a video recently on how McNuggets were made. The joke now between wifey and me is what used to be used as a small incentive has now become a form of punishment. "If you don't get your room cleaned up in the next 10 minutes, it's McNuggets for dinner tonight." :lol:

So true...I think it was Beerball who first posted that video, and it's left a lasting impression on me for sure. I haven't touched a nugget since.

So I'd imagine that if you see something that was packaged by the store itself, you should be fine. That's usually a sure sign that they grind it there themselves. It's that prepackaged stuff (and of course fast food chains) where you're more likely to run into this stuff, right?

I will make everyone a deal...or well, the first 20 people to take me up on this offer...

If you have never had grassfed or local beef, I want you to find a local grassfed beef farmer or I can help you find one, buy a package of his ground beef and mail me the receipt. I will refund you the money to try it with reimbursement for mailing.

ps, I know how much a ground beef package costs - it will likely be under $5/lbs and packages under 24 oz.

You guys worry too much... Just shut up and eat it, all in your heads... Afterall, it is still beef. Don't some eat calf brains and bladder? With bladder, I think you literally have to boil the piss out of it.

Do you eat sausages?