Chances of Bills signing both Mario and Wimbley

PDaDdy

About the same odds as Fitz winning MVP. Zero.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article754221.ece

Seems this article is saying $32.8 million in cash to cap. That is a LOT of money. If we went against our cash to cap policy we could make a huge difference to the talent level on this team. Mario Williams, Kamerion Wimbley, Marcell Darius and Kyle Williams would be 4 guys in the front 4 (3-4) or front 7 (4-3) that win 1-1 match ups. The importance of that in my mind is invaluable. Instantly our team becomes MUCH better as a whole. Suddenly our corners are good enough if they don't have to cover for 5 seconds and the offense doesn't have to score more than the 27.1 pts a week that the defense gives up!

Crazy? Yes! Crazy like a fox? Mabye

I don't think any single player is worth $17 mil per season. What if he gets hurt, then what? You're out a ton of cash, don't have anything left for anyone else, and your big time free agent pick-up is on crutches all year. Won't be looking like such a great move then. Of course, on the other hand, the guy stays healthy and contributes to a deep playoff run and it's another story. Is it worth the risk. I don't know. That's just a bit too rich for me.

I don't think any single player is worth $17 mil per season. What if he gets hurt, then what? You're out a ton of cash, don't have anything left for anyone else, and your big time free agent pick-up is on crutches all year. Won't be looking like such a great move then. Of course, on the other hand, the guy stays healthy and contributes to a deep playoff run and it's another story. Is it worth the risk. I don't know. That's just a bit too rich for me.

Injuries are always a concern. You bring up a great point that tying up that much money on 2 players does up the risk factor so to speak. To me it's a risk worth taking. You just have to hope and pray that injuries aren't season ending and you can get past some lost games from your super stars. With that much talent we would have people to step up when someone goes down. It's better than having just KW and Dareus and no other difference makers. What if one of them gets hurt? We would lose 1 of 2. With these two extra guys we lose 1 of 4. I would also like the fact that we would be integrating 2 exceptional guys into our defense maintaining more continuity instead of 5 pretty good guys mixing in all over the place.

I think Mario would net near $17 million. Kamerion maybe only $13 million. Cut some of the fodder role players we have and 3-4 DEs that won't get on the field in a 4-3 and we could make it fly. Well financially.

Edited by PDaDdy

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article754221.ece

Seems this article is saying $32.8 million in cash to cap. That is a LOT of money. If we went against our cash to cap policy we could make a huge difference to the talent level on this team. Mario Williams, Kamerion Wimbley, Marcell Darius and Kyle Williams would be 4 guys in the front 4 (3-4) or front 7 (4-3) that win 1-1 match ups. The importance of that in my mind is invaluable. Instantly our team becomes MUCH better as a whole. Suddenly our corners are good enough if they don't have to cover for 5 seconds and the offense doesn't have to score more than the 27.1 pts a week that the defense gives up!

Crazy? Yes! Crazy like a fox? Mabye

Not saying I wouldn't like to. Not saying we can't afford it. Definitely saying it won't happen.

I really believe we are going after Mario and an another receiver. I would love Colston or Garcon. If that happens our teams is significantly improved. Especially after we draft Martin.

This kind of incredibly bold move could free up the draft to allow us to get a legit LT that can stay healthy and play at a high level. It could allow us to go after a WR in the draft. It could allow us to take a risk on Mercilus in the draft or go for the a DE or 2 in rounds 2 -5 where Nix says he likes the depth.

I'm no cap expert but I do like difference making talent which has been our problem for SOOOOO many years. I know Nix doesn't want to get into bidding wars but is it possible to sign both Super Mario and Kamerion Wimbley? I've heard numbers like $17 Million a year for Super Mario and $11+ million for Wimbley. Is it possible with our cap situation to get both of these guys for $30 Million or less a year and be absolutely set on defense? I think with the cap money rolled over from last year we would still have money left over. Drop some dead weight and we could still have enough to sign our rookies.

We have so much crap and fodder on this team that we pay to be average or useless depth especially on defense. Why not go big and go from nearly last in the league on defense with Edwards to nearly first in the league with Wandsted and two HUGE new toys to play with? We should still have a little money to throw at 31 year old FJ to make him happy. If not tough titty. Make friends with Jason Peters.

There aren't very many players especially on defense that I would not shoot out of a cannon from 1 Bills drive to get these two guys. Kelsay, who is not bad at all, could save us $5 million or so a year alone. If Merriman is still an injruy wreck jettison his butt too! We have a log jam of used to be 3-4 DEs that will have no place in our current system. Get rid of them too and save some money.

We have a chance.......About a snowball's chance in Hades. :thumbsup:

I think the main guy I'd want to sign is Wimbley. Sure he's not as good,l but because we can pay him less, we'll have more money to get that dimaond in the rough someday.

Then well have to pay that guy. Why not just get the diamond. Instead search in hopes of getting to underpay him for a year or two?