Northern lights awesome last night.

AWESOME!

Anyone know if solar flares could disrupt wireless devices?... Really strange... Last night the range on my wireless mouse and keyboard was about a foot! Today, it is back to normal. Okay, I know that sounds silly... But what could be causing it? Can't be batteries... It was a range problem on both keyboard and mouse.

Anyway.. I was reading about the ones back in 1859... Telegraph operators actually unhooked their batteries and were still sending signal!

Anyone know if solar flares could disrupt wireless devices?... Really strange... Last night the range on my wireless mouse and keyboard was about a foot! Today, it is back to normal. Okay, I know that sounds silly... But what could be causing it? Can't be batteries... It was a range problem on both keyboard and mouse.

Yes, theoretically. But if we had a flare big enough to disrupt a wireless mouse, you'd have much bigger problems.

But just think of the possibilities..."How do you like my solar flare detector.? Yes, it's a wide-area network of 30,000 bluetooth headsets...why do you ask?"

AWESOME!

Anyway.. I was reading about the ones back in 1859... Telegraph operators actually unhooked their batteries and were still sending signal!

There were concerns solar flares would disrupt radio transmissions. I didn't notice that but the N lights where spectacular last night.

Yes, theoretically. But if we had a flare big enough to disrupt a wireless mouse, you'd have much bigger problems.

But just think of the possibilities..."How do you like my solar flare detector.? Yes, it's a wide-area network of 30,000 bluetooth headsets...why do you ask?"

:lol:

That is what I was thinking... But it was so strange... I did everything last night... New batteries, reboot... Now today, it is working perfect... I can operate it from the neighbors house even on the old batteries!

There were concerns solar flares would disrupt radio transmissions. I didn't notice that but the N lights where spectacular last night.

There was some interference here this morning; nothing too bad. We had worse last week.

The zombies were a problem today, though.

I don't know how true this is... But a bunch of weeks ago, we had gamma ray disruption on our work's computer network... Is that for real??? Dates were jumping ahead???

No, that's X-ray disruption. Gamma ray disruption is when your computer turns green and bursts through the wall.