Vince Carucci on the bills

crackur

Buffalo 41, San Francisco 7:

There is a favorite football saying that goes: You get what you deserve. Consequently, if the Bills don't end up reaching the playoffs, they got what they deserved by starting the season 0-4. However, it also is true that the Bills are easily the most dominant team in the NFL. They are crushing the league's weaklings, such as the 49ers, and no doubt would prove to be a formidable opponent to any of the elite clubs, such as Pittsburgh, their Week 17 opponent. The Bills figure to have a good chance of extending their amazing winning streak to seven games. Of course, they still need a loss by either the New York Jets or the Denver Broncos in order to make the playoffs. And if they don't receive such help, so be it. It would be a shame, but based on their early-season struggles, they would have gotten what they deserved. Still, they have plenty of reason to be proud of their accomplishments.

I agree with Vic 100%. You get what you deserve and the Bills didn't play well enough for the entire season to be shoo-ins for the postseason. Playoff spots are awarded for your record over the entire season, not just the last 7 games. You simply can't drop games like Jacksonville and Oakland and expect that you deserve a playoff spot because you had a strong finish.

I want the Bills to make the playoffs more than anything, but I have a nagging feeling that our inability to stop the Jags final drive in week 1 was the start and end of our season - that may really come back to haunt us.

I agree with Vic 100%. You get what you deserve and the Bills didn't play well enough for the entire season to be shoo-ins for the postseason. Playoff spots are awarded for your record over the entire season, not just the last 7 games. You simply can't drop games like Jacksonville and Oakland and expect that you deserve a playoff spot because you had a strong finish.

I want the Bills to make the playoffs more than anything, but I have a nagging feeling that our inability to stop the Jags final drive in week 1 was the start and end of our season - that may really come back to haunt us.

181011[/snapback]

Who said they deserve to be in? I haven't heard one post here that says that. He makes the assumption that all Bills fans feel this way. He needs to put a cork in it because it makes Buffalo sound like we are whining to get in. We're all hoping for they get in but I haven't seen any whining for sympathy from fans or players.