The Entitlement Mentality

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like union workers?

i'll admit that sometimes things get out of balance. that doesn't necessarily mean that there shouldn't be a higher minimum wage. and btw, if we had national health care and small companies didn't have to pay 6-10k a year for employee health insurance, better wages could be paid. of course some aholes would just take more profit unless forced otherwise.

i'll admit that sometimes things get out of balance. that doesn't necessarily mean that there shouldn't be a higher minimum wage. and btw, if we had national health care and small companies didn't have to pay 6-10k a year for employee health insurance, better wages could be paid. of course some aholes would just take more profit unless forced otherwise.

This right here is the root of your misunderstanding.

Forced? By who?

legislation...people like marcy kaptur, jim webb, olympia snowe. you know...the good guys.

I know you think you're taking a no-nonsense approach to the reality of the situation, but you're really just demonstrating a lack of even a very basic understanding of economic principles.

I know you think you're taking a no-nonsense approach to the reality of the situation, but you're really just demonstrating a lack of even a very basic understanding of economic principles.

One has to wonder...when he was a partner in a practice, who dictated his profit margins to him?

There are a lot of things that people should do. The reality is that most don't, and the more you give, the more they take and/or expect. Under Obamacare, employers will realize it's cheaper to pay the fine and kick everyone onto the government exchanges, while they pocket the difference. There is no provision for what to do with the savings, and I doubt it will come in the form of a "tweak" later.

There are a lot of things that people should do. The reality is that most don't, and the more you give, the more they take and/or expect. Under Obamacare, employers will realize it's cheaper to pay the fine and kick everyone onto the government exchanges, while they pocket the difference. There is no provision for what to do with the savings, and I doubt it will come in the form of a "tweak" later.

But that's okay, because it punishes the evil insurance companies that are gouging Americans to make obscene profits...

So does that mean that the employee can opt to pay his own fine and not get health insurance until he/she really needs it? If so, where will the money ultimately come from to pay for healthcare? The ones that pay for insurance, taxpayers in general or an extra tax on the "rich"?

But that's okay, because it punishes the evil insurance companies that are gouging Americans to make obscene profits...

Don't get me started on health insurance companies. I would have agreed with punishing them, but I don't want to see them go under.

So does that mean that the employee can opt to pay his own fine and not get health insurance until he/she really needs it? If so, where will the money ultimately come from to pay for healthcare? The ones that pay for insurance, taxpayers in general or an extra tax on the "rich"?

Obamacare states that you cannot be denied insurance and you will pay the same as everyone else. If you can't be denied insurance, why have it until you need it?

Taxpayers will be paying for it. It will be another entitlement that will bankrupt the country faster than Medicare and Medicaid ever could.