The Entitlement Mentality

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that Birdog doesn't have a private practice, but is on the staff of the VA or something.

since it seems to be biography week here at ppp: i opened a solo practice 17 years ago. built it to 6 providers and sold it last year to a regional system. i'm now an employee. there was no one on my staff making less than $10 at the time of the sale and the system kept all employees at their current pay levels and seniority.

since it seems to be biography week here at ppp: i opened a solo practice 17 years ago. built it to 6 providers and sold it last year to a regional system. i'm now an employee. there was no one on my staff making less than $10 at the time of the sale and the system kept all employees at their current pay levels and seniority.

Hence the reason you have no problem with Obamacare. It's no skin off your nose, and you likely made a bundle in the sale.

So when I used to cook for people in a restaurant I had a desire to decieve them because they were clueless on how to turn on the stove at home? And I'm not even going to get in to it with you with regard to what I do now.

Are you saying that you were the guy who makes the "chicken" mcnuggets :lol:

Hence the reason you have no problem with Obamacare. It's no skin off your nose, and you likely made a bundle in the sale.

not exactly. i'm paid on rvu's - piecework, if you will. if reimbursement goes down, then so will my rvu rate at the next contract negotiation.

not exactly. i'm paid on rvu's - piecework, if you will. if reimbursement goes down, then so will my rvu rate at the next contract negotiation.

When does your next contract neg come up?

$10/hr? That's $22000/yr. Not a living wage.

So shut the !@#$ up.

I guess it's lucky for you that your patients didn't have the moral decency to pursue social justice by seeking out a female or minority doctor.

$10/hr? That's $22000/yr. Not a living wage.

So shut the !@#$ up.

+ comprehensive health, dental, vision and 401k with generous match. all told, lowest was well over $30k. so you shut the f^&* up. btw, had a hell of a time finding an investment co to oversee the 401k that would offer index funds. now why is that?

Edited by birdog1960

+ comprehensive health, dental, vision and 401k with generous match. all told, lowest was well over $30k. so you shut the f^&* up.

Those aren't wages. Can't live on a 401k match.

I certainly hope you're a better doctor than you are...anything else, really.

+ comprehensive health, dental, vision and 401k with generous match. all told, lowest was well over $30k. so you shut the f^&* up. btw, had a hell of a time finding an investment co to oversee the 401k that would offer index funds. now why is that?

I'll remember this thread next time you come out griping about rising income inequality. Isn't manipulating data great when you're trying to make a point?

PS - how much of the reason that you couldn't find an advisor to suit your needs is due to financial rules & regulations, which are so convoluted that only large companies can afford to navigate & comply with?

Here you have another perfect example of your hypocrisy. You scream for increased government involvement & regulation, then complain about lack of providers and expensive service because everyone else has been priced out of the market because of government involvement & regulation.

Yeah progressives.

Edited by GG

So $10 an hour is a living wage? Where is your practice, Somalia?

I'll remember this thread next time you come out griping about rising income inequality. Isn't manipulating data great when you're trying to make a point?

PS - how much of the reason that you couldn't find an advisor to suit your needs is due to financial rules & regulations, which are so convoluted that only large companies can afford to navigate & comply with?

Here you have another perfect example of your hypocrisy. You scream for increased government involvement & regulation, then complain about lack of providers and expensive service because everyone else has been priced out of the market because of government involvement & regulation.

Yeah progressives.

Yeah, that was like shooting fish in a barrel of salt herring. :lol:

Yeah progressives.

there was no shortage of suitors to do it. they just wanted to limit our choices to funds with expense ratios of 1% or more.

there was no shortage of suitors to do it. they just wanted to limit our choices to funds with expense ratios of 1% or more.

Hence, they didn't want to sell you a product where they weren't going to make money on?

At that wage they may have qualified for the EITC, WIC, EBT, and various other programs to suppliment their income. So he was really doing them a favor by giving them a job and income plus the ability to collect the free Motherment cash that every American citizen (and Illegal Immigrant) is guaranteed by the US Constitution

At that wage they may have qualified for the EITC, WIC, EBT, and various other programs to suppliment their income. So he was really doing them a favor by giving them a job and income plus the ability to collect the free Motherment cash that every American citizen (and Illegal Immigrant) is guaranteed by the US Constitution

You mean that Birdog wasn't exploiting his employees then? I figured that when he sold his practice, it was because he had some type of epiphany and swore off the exploitation in order to go work for a wage.

You mean that Birdog wasn't exploiting his employees then? I figured that when he sold his practice, it was because he had some type of epiphany and swore off the exploitation in order to go work for a wage.

he was an evil greedy 1%'er that realized it's much more noble to live among the 99% and proletariat

bull ****!!

Your point? You want them to manage money for free??

Edited by Chef Jim