The Entitlement Mentality

In one of my first jobs, I worked for an outfit that provided financial planning catering to the medical community. The boss loved the industry because he said doctors were clueless about finance. So take that with a grain of salt.

Now, read what you wrote and ask again how your response figures into a calculation of average wages?

which implies the desire to decieve...nice honest work if you can get it. maybe we need a speaker at one of our national conventions to explain the facts of life to us.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which implies the desire to decieve...nice honest work if you can get it. maybe we need a speaker at one of our national conventions to explain the facts of life to us.

Or it implies the desire to provide a necessary service in a broad market of those who need it most.

But you automatically jump to the most dishonest inference. In my experience, that says more about the honesty of the inferrer.

Wow, that's a far leap of logic. No wonder you're so miserable.

Did it ever occur to you that the reason my boss did well was because he had a client base that recognized their strengths & weaknesses, and didn't want to be bothered with learning another complex field? Trust me, we wouldn't want you as a client anyway, because too much time would be wasting in you telling us that you know our field better, when it's obvious you don't.

Did it ever occur to you that the reason my boss did well was because he had a client base that recognized their strengths & weaknesses, and didn't want to be bothered with learning another complex field? Trust me, we wouldn't want you as a client anyway, because too much time would be wasting in you telling us that you know our field better, when it's obvious you don't.

You mean doing a search at WebMD doesn't make you a doctor?

You mean doing a search at WebMD doesn't make you a doctor?

It would be, if WebMD changed its answers to make sure that diseases were spread out fairly across the population.

So when I used to cook for people in a restaurant I had a desire to decieve them because they were clueless on how to turn on the stove at home? And I'm not even going to get in to it with you with regard to what I do now.

So when I used to cook for people in a restaurant I had a desire to decieve them because they were clueless on how to turn on the stove at home? And I'm not even going to get in to it with you with regard to what I do now.

No, but you conspire with other chefs to overcharge them for their food. Food is a basic human right, and if Luxembourg can feed everyone in their country without gouging them, we should be able to as well.

are you mario balti(sp?)

Just to play devil's advocate Gerry, but what would the inference be if birddog had said "I love taking care of people in the financial industry because they are clueless about medicine?"

Ok, Einstein since you know better than the industry - you are in charge of floating a $10 billion Facebook IPO. How would you do a global offering with small US "banks?"

i'd make sure to request capital from minority and women run banks like several other recent offerings? i don't know...how would you treat collagenous colitis?

Just to play devil's advocate Gerry, but what would the inference be if birddog had said "I love taking care of people in the financial industry because they are clueless about medicine?"

I would say, "Go at it," because I don't really care to learn about medicine and I don't go to the doctor's office with the preeminent thought that my physician is trying to dupe me.

i'd make sure to request capital from minority and women run banks like several other recent offerings?

And how exactly fair would that be to Facebook's goal to get as much value in their IPO?

When you push a prescription, do you go out of your way to write scripts from minority and women run pharma companies?

maybe you should ask facebook

This is exactly what I mean when I say you're clueless. You latch onto a story that's written by a green journalist and think it's some victory for fairness, without recognizing the blatant PR tokenism in Facebook's move. Of the 31 banks that were picked for the IPO, the top 2-3 underwriters will share 90%-95% of the load, while the others will get a fraction of a 1%. But sure makes for a feel good PR story that the gullible will sop up.

i'd make sure to request capital from minority and women run banks like several other recent offerings? i don't know...how would you treat collagenous colitis?

Just curious...you have a secretary, or receptionist, or nurses? A staff of some sort?

How much do you pay them?

Just curious...you have a secretary, or receptionist, or nurses? A staff of some sort?

How much do you pay them?

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that Birdog doesn't have a private practice, but is on the staff of the VA or something.