The Entitlement Mentality

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"'I feel that it's okay because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay,' she said. 'I have two houses.'"

Seriously, B word, what the !@#$? You're not poor because you're exploited, or unlucky, or lack opportunity, or whatever. You're poor because YOU DON'T KNOW **** ABOUT PERSONAL FINANCE, YOU DUMB COW.

And you're not even poor, you just won the lottery.

Literally too !@#$ing dumb to work.

I'd bet my house she'll be defaulting on obligations within five years.

p.s. it's shameful we don't do more to help "the poor".

"What obligations? I paid cash? Property taxes? What's that?" And wait until the IRS wants their cut..."You mean, I only get $600k? But I'm one of the 1% now!"

Five years? I give her eighteen months.

I can't believe you guys are mocking her. Did you not hear what she said? She's struggling. STRUGGLING, dammit. Two houses, a new car, and free food. I'd like to see you pay cash for a new house and car and still have enough money left over for food. Plus, who knows what she's paying a year for birth control!

Man, this war on women is really starting to piss me off.

i actually despise her. she is the type of scumbag that gives you guys ammunition. she needs to be publicly prosecuted and humiliated which may be impossible since she's shameless. there's no denying there are too many like her but there are many more decent people who really are in need. the only mitigating factor is her appearance. if i looked like her, i'd probably feel like the world owed me something too.

i actually despise her. she is the type of scumbag that gives you guys ammunition. she needs to be publicly prosecuted and humiliated which may be impossible since she's shameless. there's no denying there are too many like her but there are many more decent people who really are in need. the only mitigating factor is her appearance. if i looked like her, i'd probably feel like the world owed me something too.

We don't need her for ammunition. We have statistics. Statistics that say how much taxpayers pay for welfare and how the percentages are virtually unchanged despite the increases in both dollars and programs. The Democrats do this because it offers them a GUARANTEED voting block every election. Not much different than the Republicans who dole out taxpayer money to the rich, just more palatable to the masses because it seems more conscionable.

It isn't. We now have GENERATIONS of families who live off the dole, know the system and how to game it.

I can't believe you guys are mocking her. Did you not hear what she said? She's struggling. STRUGGLING, dammit. Two houses, a new car, and free food. I'd like to see you pay cash for a new house and car and still have enough money left over for food. Plus, who knows what she's paying a year for birth control!

Man, this war on women is really starting to piss me off.

Uber douche

If people like her weren't receiving the majority of welfare payouts many of us wouldn't have such a problem with the institution. Some people should be helped but for every legitimate charity case there are 5 able bodied people taking advantage of it.

The whole "entitlement" push is so stupid. Just be real and admit you don't like government and leave it at that conservatives. No need to degrade people.

I don't like government, OR people. So I'll degrade the **** out of them, thank-you-very-much.

The whole "entitlement" push is so stupid. Just be real and admit you don't like government and leave it at that conservatives. No need to degrade people.

She degrades herself enough. We're just pointing out the obvious.

I don't like government, OR people. So I'll degrade the **** out of them, thank-you-very-much.

Haha, it's fine to not like government if that's how you feel. That's a legit position IMO (to an extent). But degrading people is just typical Lee Atwater holdover mentality that has dominated the Repubs party since the late 80s.

. Some people should be helped but for every legitimate charity case there are 5 able bodied people taking advantage of it.

just don't agree. for every 1 scumbag trying to rip off social security for disabilty I see 3 people living in trailers working minimum wage jobs trying to pay their bills. btw, trailers are scary as shite with the recent tornadoes. they actually tell people on the radio to get into a ditch before staying in their trailers. don't yall think we can do better for people willing to work?

Once upon a time people were living independently. Then to guard against clans of roaming pillagers they got together to form some sense of community contract...a social contract if you will to protect each other. As society gets more complicated people necessarily become more intertwined. The great debate is how you view that social contract (conservatives want it as loose as possible generally and liberals wanting it tighter than that). This and all the issues that flow from this are legitimate political debate. Politics as it has become (certainly since Atwater changed it forever) it just spin and BS and it's all noise. That's the way I see it. "Entitlement" and things of that irk are just stalling progress and logical discussion that we need to strengthen our society.

Wait, are you're saying this woman isn't displaying a sense of entitlement? This is acceptable behavior to you? If so, you don't get the concept of a social contract, dayman. It's not take, take, take. At some point you need to give.

Wait, are you're saying this woman isn't displaying a sense of entitlement? This is acceptable behavior to you? If so, you don't get the concept of a social contract, dayman. It's not take, take, take. At some point you need to give.

Not if you are in the 99%.