Aren't you all due to start complaining

EZC-Boston

TH had 3 fumbles lost last year, WM has 2, any day now the bitching should start...

180852[/snapback]

In addition to being meaningless when analyzing a running back's ability to hang onto the football, "lost fumbles" is an oxymoron. A fumble is ALL READY a lost ball. What happens after that is more a process of how well your teammates clean up after your mess.

Just to answer on the merits (for a change), the reason we got all over TH for his fumbling was that he put the ball on the ground something like nine times in 2002 and we lost six of them, if I recall.

He did better last year but damn he was a fumble machine in 2002. WM isn't even close to that.

Just to answer on the merits (for a change), the reason we got all over TH for his fumbling was that he put the ball on the ground something like nine times in 2002 and we lost six of them, if I recall.

He did better last year but damn he was a fumble machine in 2002.  WM isn't even close to that.

180859[/snapback]

I think some of TH's fumbles came at cruciale times in the games and caused

more heartburn. So far WM's fumbles haven't affected the game, hence the

non-bitching.

In addition to being meaningless when analyzing a running back's ability to hang onto the football, "lost fumbles" is an oxymoron. A fumble is ALL READY a lost ball. What happens after that is more a process of how well your teammates clean up after your mess.

180854[/snapback]

Using that criterion, hasn't Willis "lost" a fumble in each of the last five games then? And maybe two in one of the games, depending on if you blame Willis or Bledsoe for the one on the handoff?