Cat fight!

Don't forget the president bumped the female commencement speaker already scheduled to offer himself as speaker at the All-Girl university.

the more cynical of us would say that he is using them to help with his laughable "war on women" meme, that is trying to prop up his campaign.

Tina Korbe

Would the president please quit pandering to liberal women? It might work, but it doesn’t become him. In a follow-up to his much-covered outreach to Sandra Fluke, Barack Obama invited himself to speak at the all-women Barnard College’s commencement address

Word of Mr. Obama’s appearance at Barnard, a 123-year-old women’s college in New York City, comes as the White House and Democrats have seized on Republican attempts to block a requirement for contraception coverage in the new health care law, saying it amounts to a “war on women.”

Democrats believe the issue could be an effective rallying point with women voters in a presidential election year, and the decision to appear at the prestigious women’s school could provide a high-profile forum for the president on that front.

An Obama administration official confirmed on Friday that the White House had called Barnard to offer the president as the commencement speaker.

Here’s the best part: Obama’s ousting Jill Abramson, first female EIC of The New York Times, who was originally tapped to deliver the address. If he’s so keen to promote liberal women’s issues, why steal the opportunity from Ms. Abramson?

Identity politics perpetuate the very problems they purport to solve; activists for “women’s issues” reduce women to their womanhood, as though all their political concerns proceed from their gender. But if men and women are no different, shouldn’t “men’s issues” and “women’s issues” be identical?

Don't forget the president bumped the female commencement speaker already scheduled to offer himself as speaker at the All-Girl university.

the more cynical of us would say that he is using them to help with his laughable "war on women" meme, that is trying to prop up his campaign.

Tina Korbe

My god, I wish Democrats had as much integrity as Republicans. :rolleyes:

My god, I wish Democrats had as much integrity as Republicans. :rolleyes:

This is not so much the catfight between Dem & Rep integrity, as an indication of the shallowness of a sitting President. Are you telling me that his schedule suddenly opened up to deliver a commencement speech only two months out? Isn't a President's schedule fairly regimented for the next 12 months, that any change on such short notice would ripple through?

This is not so much the catfight between Dem & Rep integrity, as an indication of the shallowness of a sitting President. Are you telling me that his schedule suddenly opened up to deliver a commencement speech only two months out? Isn't a President's schedule fairly regimented for the next 12 months, that any change on such short notice would ripple through?

He just bumped a ground of golf!

Did you watch his press conference yesterday? The dude has one priority. A second term. Absolutely nothing else matters to him. Nothing. Everything he does, everywhere he goes, everything he says...it's all for this single purpose.

Which makes sense, because when anyone talks about what he's good at, it usually comes down to "campaigning" and "giving speeches." Leading? Not so much.

But hey, at least he doesn't talk about Satan, so he's good to go, America! :thumbsup:

Did you watch his press conference yesterday? The dude has one priority. A second term. Absolutely nothing else matters to him. Nothing. Everything he does, everywhere he goes, everything he says...it's all for this single purpose.

Which makes sense, because when anyone talks about what he's good at, it usually comes down to "campaigning" and "giving speeches." Leading? Not so much.

But hey, at least he doesn't talk about Satan, so he's good to go, America! :thumbsup:

Well, he has said that he "deserves" a second term.