Update on the Stadium Lease negotiations

As many Bills games as I have been to over the years (about 130-140 or so...nothing compared to you I am sure :thumbsup: ) my one regret is that I have never been to a Bills playoff game. I really hope I have that chance sometime soon...starting to feel a little more optimistic about the team!

I think you have me beat. I might have been to 100 or so. But I can say that I attended every AFC championship game the Bills played and every home playoff game since 1991.

I understand that. I was at the Cards game in 1990 with 45 MPH winds and sleet. It doesn't happen often. I just don't like football in a dome stadium. JMO, that's all.

LOL I was at that game too. At least we were winning. I recall the Cards players literally crapping their pants that day. The Cards gave up a safety when the wind caught a punt and blew it out their own end zone 20 yards behind them.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For all of you they want a roof on the stadium....have you ever attended a game inside a dome? I have been to a couple and it was the worst experience for me. I hated it. Just didn't feel right.

Yes, I was at Indy back in 2001 when they were in the RCA Dome (people complain about our small concourses, I think theirs were smaller) and Toronto three times now. My compromise is to have club seats so whomever I bring can go inside to get warm, but if there's a roof, it would open up the possibility of sitting elsewhere in the stadium.

As many Bills games as I have been to over the years (about 130-140 or so...nothing compared to you I am sure :thumbsup: ) my one regret is that I have never been to a Bills playoff game. I really hope I have that chance sometime soon...starting to feel a little more optimistic about the team!

Same here, I'm not sure of the exact number but it is just over 100 without seeing a playoff game. Closest I ever came was in the early part of last decade when the Bills sent a letter to reserve my playoff tickets just in case.

For all of you they want a roof on the stadium....have you ever attended a game inside a dome? I have been to a couple and it was the worst experience for me. I hated it. Just didn't feel right.

That is absolutely true. I was at the Bills game in the Georgia Dome a few years ago, my first football game inside. Holy crap, it was awful in there. It felt and sounded like watching a game in a warehouse. That weird roof on the place that lets in a very diffuse kind of sunlight, it looked like the game was under fluorescent light. Blech.

I have mixed feelings about a dome. I have been to a number of Bills games in domed stadiums (Houston, New Orleans, San Antonio (the Katrina game vs Saints), Atlanta, etc etc), and, for me, it just doesn't compare to a great game, outside at Rich/Ralph...but I can also see how weather conditions can affect ones desire to go to a game. When I go home for a Bills game, as of late, normally the weekend before or after Chritmas, I have a really tough time getting anyone interested in going, even if I pay the entire tab. This past year, went to the Broncos game with a buddy, who was also in town for the holiday...so glad we went, had a blast.

The Pats game in 2010 (Jimmyo referenced it) the day after Christmas made me really wonder if it was worth it. It was an awful game, only compounded by the fact that it was, possibly, the coldest game I have ever been to. My feet were absolutely numb afterwards. Tickets were dirt cheap though...IIRC, I paid $60 for 3 tickets through the UB Alumni association.

Only game I can remember beig so miserable, was a 1984 game against the Browns, where it was not only cold as hell, but windy, and rainy...and, it was another awful game. IIRC, the Bills lost like 10-7 or something like that...I dunno, maybe as you get older, you start thinking twice abotu how much you want to deal with the elements. Bad weather and cold hasn't stopped me yet, but it does give me reason to pause.

I have mixed feelings about a dome. I have been to a number of Bills games in domed stadiums (Houston, New Orleans, San Antonio (the Katrina game vs Saints), Atlanta, etc etc), and, for me, it just doesn't compare to a great game, outside at Rich/Ralph...but I can also see how weather conditions can affect ones desire to go to a game. When I go home for a Bills game, as of late, normally the weekend before or after Chritmas, I have a really tough time getting anyone interested in going, even if I pay the entire tab. This past year, went to the Broncos game with a buddy, who was also in town for the holiday...so glad we went, had a blast.

The Pats game in 2010 (Jimmyo referenced it) the day after Christmas made me really wonder if it was worth it. It was an awful game, only compounded by the fact that it was, possibly, the coldest game I have ever been to. My feet were absolutely numb afterwards. Tickets were dirt cheap though...IIRC, I paid $60 for 3 tickets through the UB Alumni association.

Only game I can remember beig so miserable, was a 1984 game against the Browns, where it was not only cold as hell, but windy, and rainy...and, it was another awful game. IIRC, the Bills lost like 10-7 or something like that...I dunno, maybe as you get older, you start thinking twice abotu how much you want to deal with the elements. Bad weather and cold hasn't stopped me yet, but it does give me reason to pause.

I was there. I kept wanting to leave - I had homework to do, but my friends who were drinking (and I wasn't that day) didn't and my Dad for unknown reasons didn't either. I swear there were 2000 people left in the 4th quarter.

I was there. I kept wanting to leave - I had homework to do, but my friends who were drinking (and I wasn't that day) didn't and my Dad for unknown reasons didn't either. I swear there were 2000 people left in the 4th quarter.

I went with two of my sisters, neither who had ever been to a Bills game before...they were good sports...they were dying, but didn't dare ask if we could leave early, cuz they knew how much I loved going to games...when the 4th qrtr started, I turned to them and said, "you know, we can leave if you guys want to. This is an awful game" So, it was only the second time, in all my years, leaving a game early.

I regularly attend games at the Carrier Dome and don't mind them. In fact when they are good (been a while) it is LOUD. It also is nice to be away from the elements. As for the elements and since we are reminiscing, the worst game by far was the Giants in 07. It was freezing rain that came down sideways. Being that the game was played in December my friends and I had several layers and got soaked through. It was the longest 3 hour car ride home ever... woulda rather been in a dome for sure!

This topic is so entertaining even at 9pm.

There will be no roof

There will be no new stadium

That being said, Bills fans should be following what's going on in MIN. The State, County, City wants to give them nothing in the way of a new stadium, and the team has no leverage. There is no where for them to threaten to move to. Same thing here. Give them enough money to keep the place safe and then tell RW to blow if he does not like it.

Toronto - No suitable NFL stadium and the Canadian govt is not building one

LA - Aint happnin now or in the next 5-10 years

So....what happens when they tell RW to F**k off on his $100 million+ demands?

Joe six-pack fan will realize very few tangible benefits from these improvements. They will go toward infrastructure and to "revenue-generating" improvements. That leaves me, you, and 60,000+ other fans out in the cold since we only generate $50 tickets, $20 parking, and $100 worth of beer.

CALL RALPH's BLUFF!!

What they need to do is vote the JA's out of office & lower the taxes so more industry comes back & the people can afford to spend money & have a bill drawn up that tax monies need to be distributed evenly across the state instead of the city hogging it all !!

I went with two of my sisters, neither who had ever been to a Bills game before...they were good sports...they were dying, but didn't dare ask if we could leave early, cuz they knew how much I loved going to games...when the 4th qrtr started, I turned to them and said, "you know, we can leave if you guys want to. This is an awful game" So, it was only the second time, in all my years, leaving a game early.

I wish I had gone with you! I never leave games early, but that was horrrrible!

The stadium does not need a dome, just something curving inwards to cover stands. Not an artist but somewhere between Cowpokes stadium with hole in room so God can strike them without touching watchers, Seen pictures of one once, Europe maybe.

Edited by BillsWatch

The stadium does not need a dome, just something curving inwards to cover stands. Not an artist but somewhere between Cowpokes stadium with hole in room so God can strike them without touching watchers, Seen pictures of one once, Europe maybe.

You're onto something. I sit on the scoreboard side lower bowl around the goal line.......And, we never feel the effects of the wind, which is huge.

So, since many are bringing up the "what now" type questions about cap, other free agents, draft board, etc, I thought it would be worthwhile to bump this topic too.

Obviously the political capital the Bills acquired yesterday was huge. Everyone is delirious with joy. Clearly their aim in paying $100M for a player wasn't just to get $100M in state funding. But how will the stadium lease issue unfold now?

Edited by jimmyo