Fascinating article regarding sinking of Titanic

All well and good, but weren't folks supposed to be watching for the unexpected? Shouldn't there have been an abandon ship earlier? Shouldn't there have been more lifeboats? Shouldn't an SOS been sent earlier? Sounds like there is a lot of human error to account for the disaster. The moon may have put the bergs where they weren't supposed to be, but there should have been steps in place to locate them.

I'm not certain but weren't there radio transmissions from other ships warning the Titanic of icebergs?

All well and good, but weren't folks supposed to be watching for the unexpected? Shouldn't there have been an abandon ship earlier? Shouldn't there have been more lifeboats? Shouldn't an SOS been sent earlier? Sounds like there is a lot of human error to account for the disaster. The moon may have put the bergs where they weren't supposed to be, but there should have been steps in place to locate them.

I'm not certain but weren't there radio transmissions from other ships warning the Titanic of icebergs?

It's all Taft's fault. Mincing around the White House lawn and distracted us by getting us involved in two illegal wars, that disaster never would have happened.

Reminds me of a hypothetical/theological type discussion I had with somebody awhile back.

Maybe God sank the Titanic because there was somebody on that ship that if left to live would have become somebody worse than Hitler or Stalin. To pull that one thread out of the tapestry of the Universe meant ripping out the other 1500.

Well Rose's boyfriend sure was a prick. Maybe it was gonna be him.