Fascinating article regarding sinking of Titanic

Sure, sink a ship, launch Leonardo's career and you want to blame the moon? How about some personal responsibility? The Titanic fell victim to a giagintic Rosen and everybody knows it.

And while we're at it, Deep2Moulds46 says you are a doodoo head.

Contrary to popular belief, I was nowhere in the vicinity in April of 1912. I have, however, been to the cemetary in Halifax NS where many of the victims are buried.

There is a lot simpler; yet, unlengthy explanation. To the man who said "God himself could not sink this ship", it is a lesson we all can still all learn from today. Thank God for all, good and bad, his will comes out of it.

"God did it" isn't an explanation, it's a complete absence of explanation.

There is a lot simpler; yet, unlengthy explanation. To the man who said "God himself could not sink this ship", it is a lesson we all can still all learn from today. Thank God for all, good and bad, his will comes out of it.

This is blasphemous to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, who came to me in a dream and admitted to sinking the ship.

I was going to blame George Bush

Yes, you can!

In all seriousness, this is interesting because I've spent very little time paying any attention to the Titanic, and subconsciously came to really hate it when the movie hype started. However, my son and I recently saw some interesting footage at the Long Beach Aquarium in terms of submersibles used to videotape the wreckage, and that led to us watching the IMAX movie streaming on Netflix, and this bit of information just adds to the real interest we suddenly have. Thanks for posting this.

I'd settle for why he did it.

Reminds me of a hypothetical/theological type discussion I had with somebody awhile back.

Maybe God sank the Titanic because there was somebody on that ship that if left to live would have become somebody worse than Hitler or Stalin. To pull that one thread out of the tapestry of the Universe meant ripping out the other 1500.

Reminds me of a hypothetical/theological type discussion I had with somebody awhile back.

Maybe God sank the Titanic because there was somebody on that ship that if left to live would have become somebody worse than Hitler or Stalin. To pull that one thread out of the tapestry of the Universe meant ripping out the other 1500.

Or maybe he intended to move the iceberg out of the way, but was distracted by the match between Bolton Wanderers and Notts County. (Bolton won 3-0, by the way.)

I guess God hates LeoNardo Dicaprio. Must have been punishment for making that awful 'Romeo + Juliet" movie.

DC Tom is an athiest...Why am I not surprised?

No...

Look, kid, I've posted a lot before about the difference between science and religion (basically, "observation" and "faith"). Don't jump in to the discussion like you have any clue what I'm talking about, until you actually have some sort of clue what I'm talking about.