Number One Defense In Reach

CJPearl2

Going into the final week of the regular season, the Bills continue to be the 3rd ranked defense. Here are the stats:

1) Pittsburgh - 3867 total yards/ 257.8/game

2) Washington- 3961 total yrds/ 264.1/game

3) Buffalo - 3966 total yards/ 264.4/game

The number one ranking is in reach - and how appropriate - our offense can help our defense be number one.

Yeah, I was noticing that earlier. If our offense gets 106 (IICC) more total yards than Pittsburgh's, we'd move ahead of them. Then, if Minnesota decides to play offense, it could happen.

Tell ya what though, I'll take 106 fewer yards of offense and the victory if given the alternative. ;)

For simplicity's sake, let's presume the Bills give up their average next week (264). Any less will make it easier to obtain. I'm also assuming that the final average for Washington and Pittsburgh would be 265.0 per game - just for nice, round numbers.

The Bills would need to rack up 373 yards of offense to overtake Pittsburgh's D.

Minnesota would need to get 279 yards on Washington.

At first, it looked like it would take a Colt-type effort from Buffalo to do this. However, both are possible. If I had to bet, I wouldn't bet that the offense can pile up over 370 yards of offense on the current #1 defense. You never know.....