Why Do People Love the Hunger Games So Much?

Do you like the Hunger Games  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Hunger Games

• Yes
    • No
    • Never read them

Well, everywhere I look people seem to be raving abou the Hunger Games...Give me a break. I'll have you know I READ the books, and I didn't like them one bit. OPNE BIT!! First of all, it's ripping off a Japanese movie called Battle Royale! Seriously,. kids forced by a government to fight to the death. IT'S FREAKING BATTLE ROYALE!!! Second of all, I hated the characters. The Hunger Games has some of the most uninteresting bland characters I have ever read about, whom I couldn;t even THINK of liking...Or remembering Some were just so horrible, I remember them out of blandness however) But I think the thing I hate the most about the books...The fans. Hunger Games Fans are some of the most nasty, despicable, hateful people on the plabnet, even more so then Michael Bay or High School Musical fans. They will tear apart anything even resembling opposition to the Hunger Games like a pack or ravenous wolves. And now a movie is coming out? :doh: :doh: :doh: Houston, we have my razzie nomination!

But I think the thing I hate the most about the books...The fans. Hunger Games Fans are some of the most nasty, despicable, hateful people on the plabnet, even more so then Michael Bay or High School Musical fans.

Even worse than Twilight fans?

Perhaps i live under a rock...never heard of it

I don't call it living under a rock. I call it "it's been a looooooooonnnnngggggg ass time since I was in high school." The only thing we were that in to when I was a teenager was our bongs.

Perhaps but i try and at least have awareness of current cultural things...this one has eluded me completely

I don't call it living under a rock. I call it "it's been a looooooooonnnnngggggg ass time since I was in high school." The only thing we were that in to when I was a teenager was our bongs.

Perhaps but i try and at least have awareness of current cultural things...this one has eluded me completely

I have a feeling this thread will show that rock you're under is very crowded.

Edited by Chef Jim

The movie comes out in less than 3 weeks ... you'll be bombarded with enough Hunger Games info in the next few weeks you'll look back to this time in your life with longing :beer:

"It is cool because people get killed, but it is a kids book...or teen book, whatever, so it's kind of weird. It's a bunch of kids fighting to the death."

Interpretation by a female of what this is...

Jennifer Lawrence was so good in Winter's Bone. I'd almost see this just to see her. Although I'm really just into movies about real people in the present or not too distant past. No vampires, Star Trek, anything like that......And, I know this is either some way past of way future deal, and who knows the difference in these things.

Pretty typical young adult lit, still riding the coattails of Harry Potter...miserable teenage kid becomes special, schmaltzy love triangle, deus ex machina all over the place, poorly concealed war allegory.

Of course you would know. Hahaha.

I have not read this, but my 12 and 10 year old loved the books, and I do mean loved. They both devoured this book.(haha get it)

To me, no matter what you as an adult think of the books, just like Harry Potter..if it gets them into reading all good in my mind.

They already have tickets for March 23rd, my sons birthday as well as opening day of the movie.

Speaking of Harry Potter..if you think a movie like this is a bit of overhype..go to Universal in Florida. Even my kids were like"really..this is why people wait two hours?". Now they still got cranky when I would not buy them a freaking wand..but thats another story.

heh heh heh heh...you said 'winter bone' :w00t:

Jennifer Lawrence was so good in Winter's Bone. I'd almost see this just to see her. Although I'm really just into movies about real people in the present or not too distant past. No vampires, Star Trek, anything like that......And, I know this is either some way past of way future deal, and who knows the difference in these things.