Eric Berry Wondering If Injury Came From

H2o

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's either self-pitying and/or narcissistic for Berry to comment on the block.

His remarks enter the realm of stupidity when he wonders about a bounty, IMO.

As far as the block itself, my immediate and subsequent reactions to it were the very same as when I saw LaGarrette Blount get injured on a run last year.

You see the man coming at you, why are you not protecting yourself?

Nor do I blame the Dallas player for Eric Wood's injury. Protect yourself… why are you daydreaming out there?

Cheap shots are not that hard to detect.

Stevie was making a hustle block trying to get a piece of a defender who might tackle the ball carrier.

Berry has to become a much more mentally vigilant, alert, and dialed-in player if he wants to fulfill his considerable promise.

Eric Berry was victimized by his own, mentally un-alert play.

It is unlikely in the extreme that a WR, who so often is in a very vulnerable position, would participate in or even condone a bounty system.

It makes no sense. Johnsons block was ill advised and not very bright, but was not the result of any bounty.

Plus too the injury was likely caused by Berry backing up a big after Stevie went low. It was a extremely unfortunate play but it wasn't a dirty play.

The bolded part is what means the most. I can live with idea that Stevie contributed to the injury (with a legal hit). But no one held a gun to Berry's head and forced him back on the field.

and yet my post had nothing in it in regards to questioning the hit being legal or not, or making any suggestion regarding whether Berry's allegation was valid or not. or whether Johnson was at fault, or the Chiefs trainers were at fault, or presuming why he was let back on the field. i merely pointed out Berry's value to the Chiefs defense and how the game's complexion and the Chiefs' season changed as a result of his injury. :huh:

i apologize for calling you "mr. argumentative." it just struck me as odd that the discussion in regards to my post strayed so.

jw

I think it's either self-pitying and/or narcissistic for Berry to comment on the block.

His remarks enter the realm of stupidity when he wonders about a bounty, IMO.

As far as the block itself, my immediate and subsequent reactions to it were the very same as when I saw LaGarrette Blount get injured on a run last year.

You see the man coming at you, why are you not protecting yourself?

Nor do I blame the Dallas player for Eric Wood's injury. Protect yourself… why are you daydreaming out there?

Cheap shots are not that hard to detect.

Stevie was making a hustle block trying to get a piece of a defender who might tackle the ball carrier.

Berry has to become a much more mentally vigilant, alert, and dialed-in player if he wants to fulfill his considerable promise.

Eric Berry was victimized by his own, mentally un-alert play.

Agree 100%. Can he please just shut up about this now?

Legal block to help keep the lanes open for the RB. I think it was Freddy. But Berry is just trippin here, the Bills don't have any bounty. But I see lots of threats on the Youtube site from KC fans. Stevie is going to have to keep his head on a swivel for the game this year. But that Youtube was great, full of Bills highlights burning EB in the endzone and everywhere.

Berry could have made a tackle. its a legal block. I see an unfortunate hit

Yeah if you look at the 0:06 mark on that play. There is nothing in-between FJ and the end zone besides Berry.

FJ gets caught from the side/behind.

If you look at the 0:04 mark and prior SJ13 is basically staring at Berry from snap and 0:04 Berry is staring at the sideline because the play looks like a sweep. He is not aware that a WR is starring him down to make a block. SJ13 is about 7 yards away and if FJ didn't caught from behind there was no way SJ13 could have gotten a Shouler pad on Berry. He had to dive to get in Berry's way.

Even as a safety it should make you feel uncomfortable if you're in that much open space on a running play. Just an unfortunate play for Berry, he wasn't aware of a WR trying to make a hustle block.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Yeah if you look at the 0:06 mark on that play. There is nothing in-between FJ and the end zone besides Berry.

FJ gets caught from the side/behind.

If you look at the 0:04 mark and prior SJ13 is basically staring at Berry from snap and 0:04 Berry is staring at the sideline because the play looks like a sweep. He is not aware that a WR is starring him down to make a block. SJ13 is about 7 yards away and if FJ didn't caught from behind there was no way SJ13 could have gotten a Shouler pad on Berry. He had to dive to get in Berry's way.

Even as a safety it should make you feel uncomfortable if you're in that much open space on a running play. Just an unfortunate play for Berry, he wasn't aware of a WR trying to make a hustle block.

I agree, sour grapes from Berry. That youtube highlight video shows Berry getting beat like a rented mule.

A big reason why online commiunications are really, really bad: no one knows when you are kidding around.

I didn't get that he was serious from that at all. Blowing this WAY out of proportion...

I was going to say that Twitter is the worst thing to happen to sports. Those of you that follow what these numbskulls have to say really need to get a life.

I guess I will add my redundant 2-cents, but Berry is delusional. If you look at the replay, how can he claim that the block (legal) was away from the play? When Stevie blocks him, he is facing Berry, not Fred Jackson, who is the ball carrier...Johnson is making a good block, on the chance that Freddie breaks the run, to the end zone. If Freddie makes it past that last defender who brings him down, and Stevie doesn't block Berry, then Berry tackles Freddie, and prevents him from scoring a touchdown...they have been playing football that way for about a 100 years. I used to like Berry, but what a freaking' jerk.

On top of that, think about it. It is one thing for a defensive coach to encourage his players to injure offensive players (and I have my serious doubts that the Saints are not the only team guilty of this stuff), but how many offensive coaches are going to be telling their #1 receiver to worry about injuring defensive players? That is not part of their job...