Eric Berry Wondering If Injury Came From

H2o

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is unlikely in the extreme that a WR, who so often is in a very vulnerable position, would participate in or even condone a bounty system.

It makes no sense. Johnsons block was ill advised and not very bright, but was not the result of any bounty.

• 1 month later...

A receiver who is subject to countless opportunities to be speared or concussed or hurt is going head hunting? I don't think so. The payback would be pretty immediate and awfully serious. I think Eric is just overplaying the whole thing. Did Johnson get fined or suspended for the hit?

It all makes sense. If the Bills are going to target anyone it's certainly not going to be a guy like Tom Brady. No, it's obviously going to be Eric Berry.

not saying i agree with Berry's suggestion or not because it's unclear as to how serious he is about his allegation.

i will note recalling how the game's complexion certainly did change in the Bills favor when Berry left. and his injury certainly did lead in part to the Chiefs early season struggles.

Eric Berry might not be Tom Brady, but Berry is a difference-maker in the Chiefs' defense.

jw

not saying i agree with Berry's suggestion or not because it's unclear as to how serious he is about his allegation.

i will note recalling how the game's complexion certainly did change in the Bills favor when Berry left. and his injury certainly did lead in part to the Chiefs early season struggles.

Eric Berry might not be Tom Brady, but Berry is a difference-maker in the Chiefs' defense.

jw

Except that Berry didn't get hurt on that play.

not entirely true. he limped off the field and, on his next play back, his leg essentially gave out on him. he went down without being touched, as i recall. to suggest there is no correlation is questionable at best.

jw

Correlation doesn't equal causation. Many players have torn their ACL's without prior contact and without contact period. And ultimately his coaches/trainers/he himself put him back in the game.