LAMP My son won his first wrestling tournament today.

Dr. Fong

I was hoping for him to get a few wins and sneak into maybe a bronze medal, but he surprised us all and went 4-0 to win the gold. Those of you at the season opener tailgate he was the kid that helped draw the raffle tickets. Well thanks for letting a proud dad gloat a little bit.

What weight class is he? Help him get balance and build up his foot speed no matter the weight class he will be unstoppable. Wrestlers no longer wrestle neutral and one that can dominate on his legs will win every time.

Oh, and duh, congrats. I remember my first win.

Edited by jboyst62

I was hoping for him to get a few wins and sneak into maybe a bronze medal, but he surprised us all and went 4-0 to win the gold. Those of you at the season opener tailgate he was the kid that helped draw the raffle tickets. Well thanks for letting a proud dad gloat a little bit.

Congrats man! I'm in High School and just started wrestling last term, and let me tell you. Toughest sport ever. To go 4-0 and win Gold...Quite an achievement!

Awesome!!! Congrats bro!

What weight class is he? Help him get balance and build up his foot speed no matter the weight class he will be unstoppable. Wrestlers no longer wrestle neutral and one that can dominate on his legs will win every time.

Oh, and duh, congrats. I remember my first win.

He's just in pee wee wrestling now. He's around 65 lbs. they have sliding weight classes based on who is wrestling at the tournaments.

He does pretty well from the top. The area he needs to work on the most is from the bottom. He often has trouble escaping, but he worked it pretty good today.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I passed them along.

He's just in pee wee wrestling now. He's around 65 lbs. they have sliding weight classes based on who is wrestling at the tournaments.

He does pretty well from the top. The area he needs to work on the most is from the bottom. He often has trouble escaping, but he worked it pretty good today.

pee wee and first time gold....look forward to seeing him in the Olympics!!!

teach him the gramby roll, at his age he'll do very well with it and either escape or get a lot of locking hands calls.

teach him the gramby roll, at his age he'll do very well with it and either escape or get a lot of locking hands calls.

Thanks for the advise. His wrestling club is run out of a high school that was brought to prominence by the Martin family. So it's solidly a Granby school of wrestling club. He hasn't used the Granby roll in a tournament yet, but he's working on it in practice.