What was your favorite candy when you were a kid?

Old Time Candy

What was your favorite candy as a kid? Guess what? It's still available and they sell it here. You can search candy by type or the decade that it was first offered for sale. My vote goes to the Clark Bar (though I'm nostalgic for Chuckles candy, even though I didn't care too much for them back in the day).

Funny you mention Chuckles...my dad loved them when I was a kid, so, naturally, I hated them. I only liked the black ones...cuz I always loved black jelly beans, and black licorise. Now, the book store across from my job sells Chuckles...tried some, they are awesome! I got a few packs for the old man too!

Old Time Candy

What was your favorite candy as a kid? Guess what? It's still available and they sell it here. You can search candy by type or the decade that it was first offered for sale. My vote goes to the Clark Bar (though I'm nostalgic for Chuckles candy, even though I didn't care too much for them back in the day).

cool site. my favorite was sponge candy which they don't seem to have but buffalocandy.com does!

Child of the '80s...

Everlasting Gobstompers

Runts (just thinking about the combination of banana and strawberry makes my mouth water like Pavlov's dogs)

Root beer barrels

Buftex, for some reason, black licorice anything (even that gum) made me gag. Literally gag.

Edited by UConn James

Child of the '80s...

Everlasting Gobstompers

Runts (just thinking about the combination of banana and strawberry makes my mouth water like Pavlov's dogs)

Root beer barrels

Buftex, for some reason, black licorice anything (even that gum) made me gag. Literally gag.

I know, so many people feel that way...

I love the stuff...of course, now you can get gourmet black licorice, or Australian black licorice...both excellent, but a little pricey for candy. I will stick with my black twizzlers.

People actually ate the banana ones? My brother would always leave every single one of those in the bag.

Gummy bears any kind of fruit flavored candy. My mom used to get those damned spiced jelly beans instead of the fruit flavored ones. :sick:

I know for a fact that Beerbawl is particularly fond of candy corn! :nana:

Cancy corn sucks! Tastes like wax.

I was partial to Mallow Cups.

Cancy corn sucks! Tastes like wax.

I was partial to Mallow Cups.

Ever since Derek Fine said he liked Candy Corns you've been on this damn anti-candy corn crusade! :rolleyes:

Mallow Cups? And another piece of the puzzle is discovered. Mallow Cups... :thumbdown:

They do. I used to like them as well...but I am getting old...always afraid they will fug up my teeth...

I was always under the impression that only old people liked bit-o-honey. It's one of those flavors that just doesn't work for me at all. My dad would always claim any I got at Halloween.

I was always under the impression that only old people liked bit-o-honey. It's one of those flavors that just doesn't work for me at all. My dad would always claim any I got at Halloween.

They are for kids of all ages, those bit-o-honeys...just that they are really sticky, and I could imagine them sticking to your teeth pretty well...I get every other problem, last thing I want is a broken toof! :P