Ben Stien On Servicemen Forced To Pay More

I was driving this afternoon and heard part of his speech on the radio and I thought the same thing. What's up with the accent?? Not the first time I've heard it though. Listen to him when he talks to a group of black people. Guy's a phony.

But he does a MEAN Al Green!

When Jimmy Carter has his ass handed to him by Republican Hair, he started building houses for poor people (I'm not making fun of this; Habitat for Humanity is a great charity). Perhaps after Obama gets tossed by Republican Hair 2.0, he can go on a concert tour.

What do you mean "get away free." As a fed DoD employee, my healthcare has been going up every year since I started 21 years ago. I NOW pay OVER 300 dollars ($314.84) EVERY TWO WEEKS and the agency pays over 400 ($414.35)! For the same coverage, if not less, that I had 10 years ago. I was paying under 100 bucks @ one time for family, high coverage. Do the math. That is every two weeks... Pay period... There are 26 in a year.

What do you mean "get away free." As a fed DoD employee, my healthcare has been going up every year since I started 21 years ago. I NOW pay OVER 300 dollars ($314.84) EVERY TWO WEEKS and the agency pays over 400 ($414.35)! For the same coverage, if not less, that I had 10 years ago. I was paying under 100 bucks @ one time for family, high coverage. Do the math. That is every two weeks... Pay period... There are 26 in a year.

Wow. That's kinda sad. I work for Walmart, and I pay $50 every two weeks for high coverage.

That's what happens when the discussion and any gov't action sees the health care issue as primarily a problem of access rather than a problem of addressing costs.

$5 on the bill for a pair of latex gloves... which the doctor in my last several visits hasn't used!

The choice I have is to down grade my coverage. I have been recluctant yet because it is working for us... I am now reaching a threshold having to rethink that. I have Humana.

I get about the same as some of my family members get from the UAW.

What is your salary/wage... And other benny's... :P :P

$5 on the bill for a pair of latex gloves... which the doctor in my last several visits hasn't used!

Cripes... You get the whole box for that amount!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Wow. That's kinda sad. I work for Walmart, and I pay $50 every two weeks for high coverage.

The point that he was trying to make is more along the lines of public unions aren't always better than private unions. Or in your case, no union at all. I'm pretty sure Walmart does not allow unions. I could be wrong though.

The point that he was trying to make is more along the lines of public unions aren't always better than private unions. Or in your case, no union at all. I'm pretty sure Walmart does not allow unions. I could be wrong though.

As Fed... We are open shop. We do not have to kick in union dues (60% of your first hour's wage every two weeks) if we do not want to. We are represented by the union, like it or not... The union does bargain for everyone.

The choice I have is to down grade my coverage. I have been recluctant yet because it is working for us... I am now reaching a threshold having to rethink that. I have Humana.

What is your salary/wage... And other benny's... :P :P

:thumbsup: The wage sucks. But the bennys aren't that bad actually. Medical, dental, 401K, Stock purchase. Much better than a few union jobs I've held. I'll be leaving soon for a better job hopefully, but I would think a federal employee would at least get better coverage than I get.

You are correct. No union, and I don't think most Wally World employees want them either. For what we do, we are compensated very well.

:thumbsup: The wage sucks. But the bennys aren't that bad actually. Medical, dental, 401K, Stock purchase. Much better than a few union jobs I've held. I'll be leaving soon for a better job hopefully, but I would think a federal employee would at least get better coverage than I get.

Don't get me wrong, the coverage with Humana is great... Yet we (the agency and I) do pay for it! Almost 19k a year!

For what we do, we are compensated very well.

Same here... But if premiums keep going up... I will be reaching that threshold soon. There is a wage freeze for some years.

You are correct. No union, and I don't think most Wally World employees want them either. For what we do, we are compensated very well.

This seems to be the case more than we would think. I was a public employee in NY before moving out here to work for a private company. We don't have a union and my benefits are better.

I was driving this afternoon and heard part of his speech on the radio and I thought the same thing. What's up with the accent?? Not the first time I've heard it though. Listen to him when he talks to a group of black people. Guy's a phony.

That's some

I blame both the politicians and the groups that represent veterans and actives on "The Hill". They haven't raised TriCare rates for a VERY long time (if ever). Because of that, they've not kept pace with what's going on in the rest of the country.

I don't think most veterans would have a problem with a 3-5% increase annually but when a politician asks for something along the lines of 300+%, there's going to be serious blow back. It's made more disgusting by how many Gulf/Afghanistan vets who're woefully under cared for and are having to go out of their own pockets to get the help they need.

Of course our "leaders" could go back and try to actually fix the things that drive up the cost of medical care in this country but that would require work and pissing off people who tend to give them lots of money for elections and cushy board positions when they retire, so instead we'll get abominations like "ObamaCare" and proposed 300+% increases on people who served their country.

Keep the 2 party system in place, keep getting shat on. <_<

That's some

He sounds like the latest faux black preacher. Sort of somewhere between Al & Jesse. Joe Biden will have to take back part of his quote in 2007 about him being articulate. Boy did he dumb himself down presumably to play to his audience. Just for shirts and giggles, here's Biden's comment.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/biden_obama_clean_articulate_bright_african-american/